NVIDIA GeForce 512.77 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 12, 2022.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    May I ask... Why? The store doesn't cause issues whether you use it or not.

XantaX likes this.
  2. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3090
    I will not play the mentioned games

3. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    Then you will forever be in the dark. Find out for yourself, then make a self-evaluating decision.

4. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    Terrible drivers in my experience. Notice an induced artificial latency with the games tested so far: MSFS2020, cyberpunk, deathloop. Anyway rolled back to 512.59. System: 5800x - rtx 3080 ti

5. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    Installed after ddu cleanse, (luv that action). Have not notice anything to give the slightest thumbs down to. Ran through GTA SA version 1 heavily modded, TDU2, both modded offline and online and RDR2 and fat, dumb and happy. :>)

6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Earth's magnetic field effect, try crystals or some fairy dust.

Smough, Astug, Granacks and 5 others like this.
  7. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    I'm all happy with these drivers

XantaX likes this.
  8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Using 472.84 because it's the smoothest in Unreal Engine games on my GTX 1070.

512.59 was the same stuttery mess like all previous drivers after 472.84. So until i get a RTX 4000 i will stick to this old driver.

evgenim likes this.
  9. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Objective benchmark analysis of drivers from 442.59 to 512.77 using custom spreadsheet I originally created to objectively analyse raw benchmark data (see NOTE in footer).

Raw benchmark data on the left is from historical and recent posts by LokkenJP over on Reddit (1070ti GPU, i7 4790K CPU, Windows 10).

Summary columns to the right objectively highlight the best driver for a given category (FPS, frametimes AVG 1% 0.1%) in the games tested. Each driver is given a point / score based on how many times it is selected as the 'best' for a given game and category (see NOTE in footer).

[​IMG]

NOTE: Spreadsheet 'summary' columns automatically select the 'best' driver for each game in each of the 4 categories ( FPS, frametimes AVG 1% 0.1% ). If a category result 'matches' across multiple drivers the higher driver number in the result is selected e.g. if 442.49 and 512.59 have matching FPS results then 512.59 is selected in the 'summary' list. FPS figure is the MEDIAN from the 3 raw benchmark data points.

valorex, Eripsa, evgenim and 4 others like this.
  10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Good work u did there. But not to be annoying every system [pc] acts different on every driver its never the same like 512 may work for u better while other prefer 496 or so.

Papusan, qwato, Mapson and 1 other person like this.

11. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    Objectively speaking, I have reported the display corruption that takes place on DCH, Appx / MS Store issues since the incept of 496. Those are well documented throughout the drivers thread. I also have 4 tickets in.

this is a specific use case: using 3090 and 3090 ti cards, in 10 bit, 4k, solid color background, HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4 DSC. running at 120hz in DP 1.4 and HDMI 2.1 or 144 in HDMI 2,1- windows shows black small polygons on the 2d desktop and around open windows. If you let windows do the internal screenshot - the polygons are in the screenshot so they are rendered in windows and are not hardware (card / monitor).
    reproducible on multiple PCs and monitors with the same common scenario,

I'm not discussing performance, this is strictly a visual corruption anomaly that goes away when appx is set to disable and MS Store is removed from the build in windows server 2022 and windows 11. Here and in 4 other forums, over time, many users have reported the issue and provided their own screenshot of exactly the same manifestation.

So actually yes, MS Store and DSC do cause issues, from a specific use scenario.
    Issue 100% resolved by either reverting to a standard driver or disabling Appx/MS store

This is a screen shot of the 1-3 mm polygons. Its a screen shot, so windows is rendering the polygons, (not a hardware issue).

polygons.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    Papusan, Colocopia and BoomSlang001 like this.
  12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I had this before with my 3080 a long time ago after a reboot it was gone it was scary tho.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the screenshot captures the video framebuffer including scaler, it can be hardware.
    and theres a strange absense of correlating reports,

i don't know what to make of it really.

on another note, our dear friend sew, aka jimmy is now getting system resets at boot :confused:

14. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    Glad to hear that that works for you ;)

15. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3060 OC
    I totally agree with you, he's afraid of new technology and keep hanging to the Middle Ages ,strange behavior Imo...i guess he is still running windows 3.11

Last edited: May 14, 2022

16. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    I had the same problem, but since disabling HAGS no issues.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Here my Tweak, log off is required.

Make Tweak.Reg file on pulpit then ctr C+ctr V ;) and merge.
    You need to do it with every driver update.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm\FTS]
    "EnableGR535"=dword:00000000

18. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    No, Windows 10, as shown in my snip, albeit not as up to date as you boys, but then again, I did say that ;), and behavior is spelt 'behaviour' if we all wanna nit pick? ;) Not afraid of anything also. Just don't want crap on my system, and everything is perfectly fine that way thank you, with myself. (I sleep better knowing I'll never touch the poison that is Windows 11)

Did I criticise you?, nope, and am I interested in what OS you are running?, nope, so leave it there thank you.

I've forgotten more than you will ever know.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    Papusan and XantaX like this.
  19. Colocopia

Colocopia New Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3

This happened to me today.

20. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    If you're so wise, then why does everything seem to be elusive to you to the point where you felt the need to drop this gem of an infantile jab that doesn't even mean much at all in the first place if you really took the time to think about it.