NVIDIA GeForce 512.77 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 12, 2022.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    Game Ready for Evil Dead: The Game
    This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for Evil Dead: The Game, which uses NVIDIA DLSS to maximize performance. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases including Dolmen and Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong.

Fixed Issues
    - [Adobe Premiere Pro]: Fixed intermittent DirectX related crashes. [3572670]

Open Issues
    - [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
    - Club 3D CAC-1085 dongle limited to maximum resolution of 4K at 60Hz. [3542678]
    - [GeForce RTX 3090 Ti] Oculus Rift S/Pimax 8Kx is not detected. [3632289][3626116]

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/512.77/512.77-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Download https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-512-77-whql-driver-download.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2022
    Xtreme512, Passus, chispy and 5 others like this.
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Nice!

valorex likes this.
  3. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    Thanks for posting these. Gonna try later... zoom meeting I can't quit

4. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    All ok so far.......

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Great driver so far, better Perf per Watt IMhO. Needs checking in some more games.

Fixed: In King Arthur Knights Tale Freesync was faulty -> solution: Fixed refresh rate in Game Profile.
    Now Freesync is working just fine (im not sure if this was NV fault or Game, same thing was in Beta with Vega LC, so propably Games fault).

Note: Cache is reseted (need to build again) and it needs restart.

UPD.2
    BF2042 working great, FH5 is fine and other games plays well.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    KrueLLa and chispy like this.
  6. Termınator T-800

Termınator T-800 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI 12 GB
    Looking at the driver release notes, I couldn't see any fixes regarding Shadowplay DSR/DLDSR output recording resolutions(For example, 1440p/4K recordings made with DSR resolution on a 1080p monitor are recorded as 1080p). Since I will not play the mentioned games, it seems to remain at 511.79 :(

7. Xike

Xike Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 Mech GP OC
    IS shadowplay Low fps record bug fixed yet with this one ?

Update : yes sadly still shadowplay has issue when im recording with it
    Low fps / glichy videos ...dunno when its gona get fixd

8. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti FE 12GB
    I'll test when I get a chance. Expecting similar performance to 512.59.

Link to further compressed drivers (580 MB):
    [link removed]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  9. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Is this normal that the Evil Dead: The Game profile in this driver only lists evildead-win64-test.exe and evildead.exe as valid applications for this game, while actually it uses evildead-win64-shipping.exe to run?

I had to add it manually via NVIDIA Profile Inspector to be sure that the game benefits from the profile settings.

10. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    are these 'keepers', or are we rolling back to 365.77?

I'm still on 471.96, I take it there are no 'normal' drivers any longer?, just DCH crap?, bearing in mind, I'm still refusing to update anything, no store, no crap etc...

[​IMG]

maciejsojka likes this.

11. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Correct, no more standard drivers after 472.84. I was on 472.84 Studio. Switched to these and ran a Horizon Zero Dawn benchmark before and after. It was the ~same with 472.84 giving 97 avg. and 512.77 scoring 96 avg. with the other numbers and visuals being similarly close. No noticeable differences otherwise...yet.

In short, if you're on an older driver and don't feel the need to run the latest...you won't miss a thing. I did not find anything "wrong" with the new ones either though. Oddly, they come in a significantly larger package, but take up less space on the drive after install though. My backup images are always ~0.6 GB smaller with the newer driver which makes me think it is taking about 6-1000 less MB on the disk.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you're over a year worth of updates behind.

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Good luck then. You are in 2020.

14. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Very good drivers for me, on youtube no green screen anymore what i had with the previous 512.xx drivers al the games running very smooth, after an update of deathloop also this game can i set to very high and running smooth now without hitches ,I'm very happy with this driver.
    No complains from this side :)

Edit the patch of Deathloop is a FSR.2.0 update, it enhance the graphics quality.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    lionhad and OnnA like this.
  15. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Do you have a rotary phone and a hand cranked T-Model Ford? Put on your big boy pants and stop being afraid of new or different things. it's absurd.

~AngusHades~ and tensai28 like this.

16. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Running better than the previous driver. Nothing to measure, but it feels better.

XantaX, Warkratos and -Tj- like this.
  17. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    Mee too, but i'm using the 472.12 not so much because that all we can get now are DCH, its more to do with them removing 'image sharpening' after the 472.12, which loads of people have complained about, and replaced it with image scaling which is shite.

18. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

There is a 472.84 driver and (there is a 473 driver you can modify to work on 10). Both driver downloads are "standard (non DCH) available in "beta and older drivers" in the nvidia driver download selector panel.

solarus84 likes this.
  19. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    You can still get Image Sharpening in the latest DCH version of NVCP. I believe it has to do with what you have set in 'desktop size and position'. I think, but don't quote me on it, if scaling is set to 'aspect ratio' you will get Image Scaling, but, if you set it to anything else you still get Image Sharpening. I set mine to integer scaling and still have Image Sharpening. I'd stop using other peoples' opinions as an excuse and switch to the latest drivers.

Danny_G13 likes this.
  20. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I hate that new scaling/sharpening crap too. There is that registry fix to keep the old behavior though, just FYI:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm\FTS]
    "EnableGR535"=dword:00000000

And "EnableGR535"=dword:00000001 to set it back to default.

TheRealZepher likes this.