NVIDIA GeForce 512.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Apr 26, 2022.

1. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    A little information for you buddy : https://www.file.net/process/nvcontainer.exe.html

According to the above link/Info It would seem that it is safe to disable or remove if causing issues ;)

XantaX likes this.
  2. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    if you disable this service
    nvidia control panel dont work, dont open but you can edit perfil with nvdia inspector

XantaX likes this.
  3. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Confirmed. Setting to disabled or manual start will prevent NVCP from functioning as a UI although as stated, the user options are still accessible and adjustable via NVInspector :)

XantaX likes this.
  4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    FSR 2.0 in two days(Deathloop), does NVIDIA already support it?

5. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Be nice if the memory leak could be fixed by the devs or whomever is responsible so I can play it and not waste 3 hours of exploration due to how the save points work.

6. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Thanks this was very help full

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Not sure you want to rely on Nvidia Inspector since it has been abandoned. Sure it still works for now, but that's gonna change eventually.

Last update was for the 460 driver and even that was a pre-release version of Inspector.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes game just needs an update.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Yeah, that's the biggest difference between how AMD and how nVidia do things...

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't.

neither inspector nor nvcp can apply settings, change settings, etc without the service.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  12. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    So, even though NVInspector appears to apply the settings it in fact does not :eek:

My initial reply was based solely on the info provided via the link I supplied and personal testing of their info in relation to NVCP & NVInspector (admittedly, rudimentary testing at that).

How do we ensure that the info handed out via these tech sites is actually applicable and accurate as the info you have provided should have been included in the original article providing the supposed answer?

Thanks for the correction though :)

13. neuropuff

neuropuff New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    This got me curious and after disabling NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem service on Windows 10 21H2, I only see (very subjective, unprovable) input latency improvements in games like COD Vanguard, and with Windows in general.

I just have to wonder after seeing this, what is this service doing when I don't let NVCP run in the tray? Is the service keeping the changes in effect over time, or does the driver keep the settings in memory when the service runs at least once?

In Process Explorer I see it keeping the cpu busy at idle under 0% CPU usage, but consistently. I'm willing to enable it on an as-needed basis at this point. The perf improvement is worth it. Nvidia should optimize anything designed to run in the background 24/7.

Edit: For science, I over-sharpened Vanguard to a point I would notice, in NVCP, after turning the service back on. Then stopped the service again. Launched the game. Game is still sharpened.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    OnnA likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ It may be good latency Tweak, On & OFF when needed :cool:

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I think Astyanax meant that when service is stopped you are unable to save changes made in NVCP. Not disabling the service after you applied changes in NVCP.

PS
    Changes in "global settings" and "program settings" lists are stored in so called profiles in some file(s). No need to run service to apply those profiles (saved in file). Drivers can do that. Service could be needed to save those changes from NVCP to file.
    Work with those profiles (global and per-program) is done through NV API. Service can implement part of that API.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    neuropuff likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you used to need the service for the profiles to apply too, i can't remember what driver branch changed that at this point.
    removal of the service does break other things, such as automated profile updates, and the service also exposes the capabilities for changing display settings via hotkey scripts unless you invoke NVAPI directly.

neuropuff likes this.