NVIDIA GeForce 512.15 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Installed and working, all seems fine to me. Happy days!

2. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    It was an issue and has been fixed, don't go around calling people idiots! Come on man, you're not at school!

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i'm pleased as punch by the new drivers - they restored my fast ips back to 144Hz (HDMI) after having screwed it since mid- December.
    it was stuck at 60Hz

i filled out several tickets @NVIDIA to no effective response regarding a fully G-Sync certified monitor, in this case an ASUS TUF VG 27AQ i use when i stay near my mother (2-4 days a week).
    i never had any issues with my Samsung G7 @ home, but my friend with a ROG Swift had the same issues for a month.

vestibule likes this.

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    The DWM.exe issue only happened on monitors that have a proper nVidia g-sync module onboard, which i guess is a very small sample size.

It didn't effect monitors with Nvidia® G-Sync® Compatible rating like my 32" G75T QHD 240Hz Curved Odyssey Gaming Monitor.

Or am i wrong and some of you guys got it without that nVidia module?

tunejunky likes this.
  6. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    DWM.exe excessive read and writes was happening to me on my G-Sync Compatible monitor

tunejunky and aufkrawall2 like this.
  7. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    Is Nvidia Image Scaling technology (NIS) working fine in your systems?

For me, on 3dmark doesn't work.

8. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    or my G7 flat
    but on my Asus TUF (g-sync module) and my friends ROG Swift (again, g-sync module) and my laptop it was there.

my speculation is that Nvidia didn't use the batch numbers from production runs of the modules to compile the update(s) AND they included updates for some monitors (of the same age) before others.
    the appearance is they never considered g-sync panels that weren't halo products. until now.

9. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Enabling NIS globally still affects icons on the Windows start menu, and inside apps like the Store, the icons appear like they have an odd filter applied to them, disabling NIS fixes this issue.

10. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    no issues this driver :cool:

KrueLLa likes this.

11. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Driver installed like normal, I have played Eldin Ring and BF2042 without any problems. Though the new Frostbite engine has lots of stability issues.

12. Pocok

Pocok New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    So overall is it safe to assume, that if its not a hurry for you, the best bet would be to wait for an upcoming hotfix before installing this update (based on the numerous problems that were mentioned here) ?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    When i switch from Monitor to TV (WinKey + P) with NIS enabled, i need to sign out and back in, otherwise part of the screen is cut off, like 1 CM on all sides.

That's switching from 1920x1200 to a 4K TV.

Real bummer you can't just set this per game profile.

14. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Installed these drivers, tested DLSS in Cyberpunk and I don't see any performance gain. But maybe the quality is better? Not sure. If it is then it's probably negligible (at least in Cyberpunk specifically).

Now granted so far Cyberpunk is the only game I test DLSS with, I'm not using it anywhere else (yet).

Other than that, drivers work just fine, seems alright and stable.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why would you see any performance gain in Cyberpunk?

16. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3060 Ti
    Downloading from GeForce Experience.

17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You need to download DLSS 2.3.9 and put it where the .exe file is for Cyberpunk, which is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

Download latest DLSS from here:

NVIDIA DLSS DLL | TechPowerUp

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    HonoredShadow and tunejunky like this.
  18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Hummm, well because the driver's description reads:

"This Game Ready Driver includes support for Ghostwire: Tokyo from day one, including ray-traced reflections and NVIDIA DLSS for up to a 2x performance gain."

So I interpreted it as "This driver [specifically this one] improves performance when using DLSS compared to previous drivers.".

Unless the description wasn't worded properly, and was in fact simply referring to DLSS in general as a technology providing up to 2x performance gains when used in compatible games since the tech was added.

OR... in this driver, the "2x performance gain" was specifically talking about Ghostwire: Tokyo's DLSS performance, and not in general.

In any case, it's a broad description and because I AM actually using DLSS in Cyberpunk I thought I'd see some performance gain (not exactly 2x per se, but a 'little bit'). But there's no gains whatsoever. So... yeah, not a big deal. I have yet to test with the method posted by Blackfyre (just above this very post) so I'll try that. Maybe that'll help. If not... then not a bid deal either. Just wanted to try the drivers and see the differences if any.

tunejunky likes this.
  19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yeah specific to that game. If they managed to bump DLSS performance by 2X of its current state it will be on every news website lol

tunejunky likes this.
  20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    This driver includes DLSS 2.9?