NVIDIA GeForce 512.15 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    As far as remember, the pink Kryonaut Extreme is made to withstand lower sub-zero temperatures but dries out at 80C+ while the regular grayish one is for higher temperatures and dries out at higher positive temperature point and is thus better for regular use. But I haven't used them in a while so I may remember it wrong.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Blackfyre and Cave Waverider like this.
  3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Alright. So both should be good and moist. Not sure where those 80°C+ dry out temperaturecame from then. Might have been something else.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Claims are that the grey version does dry out pretty fast with concurrent 80C+, seen a few reports around that, text in the link above by Astyanax's supports those claims too.

5. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    new behavior with this driver:

-Display flicker on login in Windows 10 latest

corresponds with event log entry:

A caller specified the SDC_FORCE_MODE_ENUMERATION flag in a call to the SetDisplayConfig() API

6. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Why? If you have FreeSync, leave VSync OFF, unless it's some old game, which doesn't work well with VSync OFF. Otherwise you add input lag.
    Just limit FPS...

Smough and OnnA like this.
  7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    Nope .. if you dont set vsync to force on in global (not in game) you get stutters with freesync

fps limit or not

8. 89dead89

89dead89 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti HOF
    Any news on the new driver?

Alberto_It likes this.
  9. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 TI FTW3
    I think it's still too early for the release of a new driver. This month there are not many releases

10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Weird, but I didn't notice any stutterign with FreeSync without enabling global VsyncON and with VSync Off in games, even that I'm pretty sensitive to tearing/stuttering...

Smough likes this.

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Oh this is news to me. I've been using Kryonaut (Grey) with my 5800X and Noctua NH-D15, before that with my 4790K overclocked to 4.8Ghz for years. I wouldn't say the 5800X regularly goes over 80°C, but it does, especially when stress testing. Since this CPU is designed to go up to 90°C.

So would I see better results switching to Kryo Extreme (Pink)?

1g of Grey is ~$9 in Australia
    2g of Pink is $39 + $15 delivery (so I will wait for it to go on discount I guess). I want to buy it from Amazon with free delivery, but some of the reviews are saying they received a fake.

12. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    I've tested on both, the pink has different properties and may actually be slightly less efficient or equal to the gray. Pink was expensive too. However, after switching to the pink, and back to gray, and pink, gray again and finally pink. Decided that the two products have very close to similar performance.

When taking it apart and cleaning and reapplying, the pink seemed to be closer to its original state, vs the gray was a combination of hard and or oily tack in some areas, crumbly on some sections.

Personal conclusion, the pink seems more durable over time than the gray. but initial performance (less than a week or two on each application, they seem very similar.
    The first day of performance the pink seemed about 1 degree C less efficient than the gray in the same temp environment, after a week or two they seemed about equal in performance. So for me, I stayed with the pink

Hope that helps..

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    2g of Themalright TFX is around 31 AUS, does a better job on my 5900X.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    normal behavior, have been seeing it since the 450 drivers.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  15. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Touching on the FreeSync and vsync topic, I've recently purchased a Dell S2522hg 240hz, FreeSync/Gsync compatible monitor.
    Playing SOTTR at 1080p max settings with Gsync + Fps limit alone I get stutter in some areas of Paititi and cutscenes, same in Witcher 3.
    With Gsync + Fps limit + Vsync all is super smooth.
    But in Shadow Warrior 2 I can get away with just Gsync + Fps limit, so I guess it depends on how heavy the game is on the gpu, from what I can tell.

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Can't confirm, it's smooth for me with and without vsync with VRR and 70fps cap via driver. I don't think there should ever be additional stutter without vsync when clearly being inside VRR range all the time.

Smough likes this.
  17. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    On my Asus V248QE 144hz without vsync or fps limit, is no problem, which I'm sure if I did the same on this monitor would be no problem either.
    That's with Witcher 3.
    These "sync" techs may seem to only add latency but they can also smooth out frame times.
    With SOTTR for example, without vsync or fps limit, on the Asus I would get lag in some areas during gameplay and stutter in cutscenes, with max settings.
    Adding vsync + fps limit would help alleviate it but not completely.
    Adding Gsync into the mix, has removed it completely.
    I don't feel the age of the gpu anymore.

18. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    I also noticed, that some games simply doesn't work good with VRR and VSync-OFF. What I remember it was with older games (games before FreeSync) so I assume, that the engine wasn't perfectly prepared for this.
    In new games it works well in most cases.
    So that's why I would never turn ON V-sync globaly with VRR, only for games which doesn't run smooth with V-Sync Off...

Dragondale13 and Smough like this.
  19. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    I don't get where this idea comes from, but I don't get any stutter or tearing on any game with Freesync, Vsync off and RTSS fps cap within the Freesync range. Also why the hell would set vsync to "global" when you can toggle this per game profile? That exists for a reason...

Dragondale13 likes this.
  20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Enable both for least amount of tearing, G-Sync/FreeSync is there on top to fix the V-Sync lag issue, so both should be enabled via NVCPL and disabled in games, there have been countless articles, tests and reports that confirm just that.
    Afterward try with low latency mode or hags to reduce the input lag that isn't caused by sync.

Stutter related to something different than G-Sync and V-Sync though, maybe the fps cap isn't set to optimal?

Dragondale13 and Passus like this.