NVIDIA GeForce 511.23 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Your quote is not from madshi or about direct scanouts function, its a description of an issue one of the users is experiencing despite the state of the FSE checkbox being off.

is the only supposition on direct scanouts behavior.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  2. Ormy

Ormy Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti 12GB
    The issue the user is experiencing is a result of the direct scanout function (mischaracterising it as a bug as you pointed out in your earlier post), and therefore that user's experience supports the fact that direct scanout only performs that particular functionality in HDR mode.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  3. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3
    Finally got this figured out! I feel dumb now, but much like @EugeneJackKhoros mentioned in the 511.72 thread my max resolution was 4096x2160. The DLDSR resolutions were based on that so issues were because my screen considers the 17:9 resolutions to be "foreign" or strange so it freaked out. I used CRU 1.5.1 to delete the offending resolutions and all works well now.

EugeneJackKhoros and Mufflore like this.
  4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    For some reason I thought your screen was lower res than UHD but maybe can accept a UHD signal (which it downscales), thats what my post was based on.
    Well done sorting it.

5. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Another reason why I always use ddu, even if some claim is "not needed", I prefer to avoid unpleasant driver issues by doing this so I can get the an experience as stable as I can make it. Oh and also, GFE, screw that bloatware.