NVIDIA GeForce 510.10 Windows 11 Dev driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kosta20071, Sep 11, 2021.

1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Member

GPU:
    -
    No.

richto likes this.
  2. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti FE
    Got my system to crash twice today since installing this on Win 11 dev.

Edit (5 hours later): make that 3 times before lunch. Uninstalled it, no crash in the last 4 hours

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  3. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Vision OC
    No, it still writes data. I made nvtopps.db3 read only to prevent that

4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    No it wasn't. 7MB would have been 21 year ago. A few year ago was 500MB. 2017 was 3xxMB.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Not really if you look at what's included and supported these days.
    Unpacked and stripped down but still including audio, usb-c and physx the installation package takes 1.15GB.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Optix is the biggest library in the entire driver iirc.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yup, besides that support for a lot of cards and plenty of games also take their toll.
    Regardless of which sacrifice Nvidia choses to slim them down there will be drama, one more thing that is certain in life. :D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Just want to say, that its pointless to report here that 510.10 is bugchecking your machine, (and just as much so on nvidia's forum).

If you get them, do this

9. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti FE
    I'll keep it in mind, but it was crashing to black screen 3 out of 4 times. Only have 1 minidump as a result. Haven't had a single crash since I've reverted to the previous driver. Also wanted to see if the crashes remained after reverting just the driver back or not, as driver update and new Windows build kind of happened at the same time.

phatbx133 and Reaxtic like this.
  10. Reaxtic

Reaxtic New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    The same for me, I also thought it was Windows, but unfortunately the driver. Nvidia should not release such bad drivers in the DEV channel. After all, we are not its employees and we have minor bugs. What they served us may be evidence of the people employed at NVIDIA and their testers. Apparently, these basic critical bugs go somewhere and prefer to release another driver named 510.11 hah

11. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    this driver is bad as black screen issues i rolled back previous driver work great.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The driver was qualified against the buildtools and works for most people, it is only bugchecking for a few of you which may be down to other drivers present on the machine, the hardware configuration (CPU/Memory XMP) or issues concerning the install state of Windows itself.

Service Exception bugchecks tend to be the former issue, compatibility with tools provided by the card manufacturer, monitor management utilities, displaycal, F.lux, etc.

Logitech's display software has been noticed to be a factor in windows 11 bugchecks for instance.

13. Reaxtic

Reaxtic New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Przeważnie tak. Ale po tych sterownikach karta graficzna po prostu się wyłącza, a komputer nadal chodzi. To jest problem do zrobienia. Stworzyłem raport, wysłałem go i wpuściłem. Ale z tego, co widzę, jest to dla nich bardzo pracochłonne. Zgłosiłem też problem z Nvidia Geforce Experience i nakładką alt+r - ograniczenie Microcracking. Nadal nie mamy rozwiązania.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    please keep it english guys

Mineria and Blackfyre like this.
  15. Vasin

Vasin New Member

GPU:
    GP 102
    my 1060 temp from 38~39 down to 33

16. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    yeah there are plenty hard crashes here, specially with cuda and optix apps, for example there is alot of crashes using rife for AI interpolatin https://rife-vfi.github.io/ when it's configured to use pytorch with cuda 11.1 support, i don't know what they changed now but i see it does use more space, don't just uninstall these are test drivers, try to report anything you can so the final drivers don't have these issues.

17. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    y como es este driver en comparación con el anterior

18. dexterav

dexterav Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 3090
    all monitoring soft see nothing...
    or just very limited data

19. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti FE
    Just FYI, tried them again on this weeks new DEV build and already got a crash now within a few hours. Black screen crash, no minidump, audio from youtube video kept playing. But ALT-F4 didnt seem to close stuff.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  20. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtrere 3080
    What the point defending crashes here and there, even in professional cuda/optix apps, are you paid monkey here for years, or you sora monkey from geforce forums lol?