NVIDIA GeForce 497.29 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    That's the thing too with some games, even if you are not reaching CPU, RAM or GPU limits they will stutter at any fps limit, 30, 60 or in between. The asset load is so poor that it can't load anything without messing with your framerate. I had this major problem with Dark Souls 3 and Remnant: From The Ashes, those 2 games were really bad in this regard, other games that are more demanding run far better, such as rdr2, Control, Doom Eternal or Resident Evil 2 remake.

2. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    I feel the same way,
    you've got games like Forza Horizon 5 where you're literally traveling along at 200mph in a detailed open world with zero stutter.
    then we have Jedi Fallen Order where you cant take two steps forward without it stuttering (in fact I'd say hitching its that bad).
    Its pretty pathetic to be honest.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    Smough likes this.
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Forza Horizon 5 runs great, but i see some graphical glitches here and there..

For example the red smoke is trash quality..and sometimes poping rocks...

4. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    yeah the red smoke is awful

5. d5aqoep

d5aqoep Member

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SG
    This trash driver causes CTD in Forza Hrozion 5. Reverted to previous.

loracle likes this.
  6. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I told them that this driver is trash but no one believed me, 497.09 is ok :)

7. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    All 49x drivers branch are very weird in general, i don't consider any of them to be "ok".

AQUILES likes this.
  8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Having really weird issues with Doom Eternal since RT update.

Every time I turn on the game with RT,DLSS, HDR ON on my native 4K res, the game FPS is very low.

I have to change resolution back and forth to get it where it should be, but then the HDR is messed up.

It's mostly NVIDIA problem as even Bethesda stated that before the game is launched, and you can trust Bethesda as they know everything about creating bugs :).

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it doesn't.

your computer having a previously unencountered stability issue is why FH5 crashes.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  10. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Has the list of known FH5 game bugs now got shorter than the bible?

11. xV_Slayer

xV_Slayer Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    You are such an idiot. The game has known issues that cause crashes. This driver may not be one of them but the game does crash on perfectly stable systems sometimes.

loracle and aufkrawall2 like this.
  12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yet to experience that

13. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    He is still right then that people shouldn't blame the driver, isn't he.

For some reason people always jump to the driver first, some games are just pretty crappy all on their lonesome.

Passus, Smough and aufkrawall2 like this.
  14. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    I mean, people are really quick to blame drivers as soon as anything weird happens on their computer and that is not always the case. You may not like the guy, but no need to call him an "idiot".

15. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ti Trio
    Can't backup his swearing, but he is right about the crashing. FH5 is the only game that randomly
    decides to just freeze and exit without a trace/error, whilst the system itself is rock solid in absolutely
    everything else thrown at it. Can't blame it on the driver though because its happening since the
    moment the game ready drivers hit. I think its just the game being a b!tch towards some hardware combinations.

loracle likes this.

16. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Hah! Not yet, but give it a year plus 30 DLC's and 5 Car Passes and perhaps they will fix things. I am amazed at how terrible a state Horizon 5 launched in after playing Horizon 4 from launch day for about a year. Must have to do with the main team working on Fable.
    As far as this driver goes, I have not had Horizon 5 crash on me yet, but also haven't had a session more than 60-90 minutes long. Seems like most issues are just the game and its biblical bug list (can't even see people in my convoy 90% of the time...), but I'll report back if it crashes or CTD's on me.
    This driver has been fine for me for the other games I've had time to play. Only "issue" is some fairly significant artifacting/vertex explosions under Vulkan in the Yuzu emulator, but as far as I know that is a known issue that is being worked on from one or both sides. Happy gaming in 2022, y'all!

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  17. FatalityXz

FatalityXz New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    Hmm I am having some stuttering with Battlefield 2042 on this driver.

Reverting back to 497.09 seems to fix the issue.

Not sure if anyone experienced same? I've seen someone mentioned that it might be somehow related to Easy Anti Cheat ?

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not about this driver causing it.

19. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    So... any word on the "early january" driver that fixes the black screen issue on multi monitor systems? Next week?

20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I think it rather was about flicker than black screen? The flicker fix is included in the new studio driver. The next regular driver probably is just based on the same or similar branch with perhaps some God of War etc. optimizations. So if you're desperate, you can already go for the studio driver.