NVIDIA GeForce 496.76 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 16, 2021.

1. barış derebaşı

barış derebaşı Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2070
    i dont have oveclock cpu or gpu. i use default cpu settings and 472.12 driver dont have this problem...

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Great driver so far, good performance & stability in many games.
    Also very good for BF2042 & FH5.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  3. felicityc

felicityc Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    I have done the following:

1. checked to make sure the card vbios was updated. it was. unfortunately i had to download msi bloatware to do so and now broke my fan control.
    2. updated my motherboard bios. this also let me enable resizable BAR
    3. installed 472.12 instead of this driver to see if it would improve anything since I have seen it mentioned several times as a stable driver.

same OC, no crashes. can still sit at 5.0 on cpu. no problems as of yet. single instances in ffxiv would cause me to crash and get a d3dx11 type error with directx and crash my game if I even tried to do anything off the default. had it at an undervolted OC for a couple hours of various dungeons at max and it even ran cooler than before. in 3dmark i much more easily made my normal scores I was struggling to with this driver (bad because 9700k lol cpu score weight) and I never even fiddled too much with the undervolting or made sure it was optimal.

I will be messing with it more because this card sucks but was the most affordable 3070 I could find. May still second hand this one and pass it off to someone else and upgrade to a slightly better one, the ventus is just not very good all around. But this driver made it way worse for some reason. (Possibly the mobo update would have fixed it had i tested that first, but i will try whenever they release a new driver after the hotfix one, i guess)

472.12 is quite nice.

Have you updated your mobo bios? That may have been my central problem in general. It will also let you enable resizable BAR if it all supports it, which seems to have improved performance consistency quite a bit.

4. barış derebaşı

barış derebaşı Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2070
    i have latest bios and i enable resize bar but it doesnt matter because rtx2070 does not support this feature so enable or disable resizebar does not matter and msi gpu related software does not installed and only happens with drivers above 472.12 and i stuck with this driver. my next gpu does not have nvidia gpu because they seem to not care about problems.

5. barış derebaşı

barış derebaşı Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2070
    471.22 gpu driver and above i write wrong sorry. it happens 472.12 too same crach on windows

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yeah, and?

nobody else has ever reported a system freeze with a driver update that didn't involve the cpu/memory settings.

stock doesn't mean stable

7. barış derebaşı

barış derebaşı Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2070
    ı have
    i have been using same system nearly 2 years and after 471.22 driver my system has been unstable i dont think that related to overclock or cpu/memory settings. i have been using same settings with no overclock but only i have bios updated and i am gonna try other motherboard bios but i think that this is nvidias fault

8. barış derebaşı

barış derebaşı Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2070
    and know i go back 471.22 driver everything works ok.but if i cant update new drivers why would i have rtx card

9. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    increased detail is the one you want tho,and it's available via gfe only.the results it produces are fantastic.textures get a lot more detailed with a low to moderate hit on performance.
    sharpening is meh.

10. barış derebaşı

barış derebaşı Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2070
    thanks for the feedback. i wish they fix their drivers

11. Xike

Xike Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700 Mech GP OC
    turning on NIS crashes Wow shadowlands randomly . and still the shadows fliker in some Map spots with DX12 Hope it get fix soon

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the shadows will get fixed when blizzard stops projecting blame and decides to fix them.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You could have used other tools for that purpose as well, first time I have seen anyone putting MSI Afterburner and bloatware into the same context, sure you downloaded/installed the official version?

As for breaking the fan control, some would say: RTFM
    I guess you blindly clicked something you should have been reading when moving the mouse over.
    To help you a bit on the way, fan control is rather straight forward.
    You can either set it to use the default "Use firmware control mode" or enable a user defined profile (software control) where the fans already run at lower temperatures.

Here is mine as example:

upload_2021-11-24_21-42-28.png
    upload_2021-11-24_21-46-0.png

Passus likes this.
  14. theahae

theahae Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060

was the NIS performance drop on native resolution bug fixed or acknowledged by nvidia ?

15. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    No, not at all.