NVIDIA GeForce 496.49 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 26, 2021.

1. le07

le07 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Video driver and Audio driver installed fine, but the installer says "NvModuleTracker Failed", what is this?

2. Gon3D

Gon3D New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Why are 496.13 and apparently 496.49 drivers cutting mining hashrates in half on non-LHR cards?

3. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    Probably to stop miners mining

Passus likes this.
  4. Gon3D

Gon3D New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    That's what LHR cards are for. They've never said that they're going to manipulate non-LHR cards.

5. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Actually lhr by-pass'es have been around , so mining on them is still effective. T-rex was the first giving lhr cards like 50% of the hashrate back , then nbminer which gave the hashrate of 70% of non lhr cards to lhr card holders, and now nbminer has a dual mining option where you can allocate 70% to say bitcoin mining and the 30% to dogecoin for example on youre lhr card. Thus giving you the full hashing power of the nonlhr cards. So lhr mean's nothing atm. Even intels new arc gpu's wont be restricted with lhr. Simple fact is hater's gonna hate and miner's gonna mine :p

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  6. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    hav'nt noticed or seen any results showing otherwise.

On my mining platforms they are hashing just fine on lhr rev2, lhr rev 1 and non lhr cards.

7. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2

Every match is different , so you taking picture's and claiming that you lost all down to nvidia is laughable . Think ill get my tin foil hat out for this....

The rest of the collective will follow....

[​IMG]

SoulsCollective likes this.
  8. Gon3D

Gon3D New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    There are posts on Reddit about this. Maybe it's specific to 3090s or even specific ones of those.

I know for a fact the hashrate on my EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra was cut in (atleast) half with 496.13. I haven't tried 496.49, but a few posts on Reddit indicate it operates the same.

9. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    thats funny as my cards don't seem to be affected, mind you evga has had issues with there 3090's since the get go. But if you are finding this driver ant working for you're system build to mine a certain coin , then go back to what was working. Just remember to use DDU beforehand.

10. kieron fleming

kieron fleming Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    thank god they fixed the rdr2 issue i thought my video card was dieing rtx3080.

11. Gon3D

Gon3D New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    I did. 472.12 works fine, but I primarily game and don't want to be stuck with an old driver.

Seems kind of underhanded for NVIDIA to stealthily implement this change without announcing their intentions.

12. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    My card's are Gigabyte model's though.

Just make sure the miner is setup correctly. And for extra performance try to see if there are any available cross-flash options for you're card. What to mine should help keep youre income in place and for the love of god don't use nicehash. Set miners up correctly. Make sure to check which 3090 revision you have as im sure i read the first gen's by evag had that bad chip on them that kept overloading and burning out playing certain games like new world. But unsure is that is conclusive or specultive. Maybe research that abit.

13. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    considering the rtx 3000 ant that old , id be surprised of it dying nontheless.

Unless you are a hard baller and overclocking the sh#t out of it.

[​IMG]

XantaX likes this.
  14. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    They shouldnt need to annouce anything as these card's are for the consumer on the gaming platform. IF you wanted to mine only , they expect you to use there mining gpu card's.

So just be happy you can do both , on the standard consumer card platform's even with lhr card's that can be by-passed :p

15. Gon3D

Gon3D New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    I have. The issue is the driver(s):

https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/q7ktcf/to_all_nvidia_gpu_miners_do_not_upgrade_to_the/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/q775wv/my_3080_hash_rate_had_chopped_in_exactly_half_non/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/q73x89/49613_nvidia_driver_apparently_drops_hashrate_on/

Among many others...

akbaar and bensmooth like this.

16. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Imagine nvidia annoucing that though...

psst scalper's guess what! use are older driver so youre hashrates stay good and you can keep buying all the cards up and mining on the gaming one's.

That would'nt be business wise towards actual gamer's wanting to use there cards on that allocated platform.

17. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
  18. Gon3D

Gon3D New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Video cards have more uses than just gaming and are sold as such. There's nothing anti-consumer about mining.

19. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Yes i agree video rendering card's do have more use's but the cards listed geforce / rtx 3000 series are for the consumer gaming market, hence the gaming profile's and feature subset's.

While mining they have another platform of rendering cards for.

Same way tesla was mobile platform

Quadro was research etc

Nvidia have department's which create drivers and chip's for there platform's.

So why would they bother to annouce to purchaser's on there gaming platform of card's about mining hashrate stat's.

20. Gon3D

Gon3D New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    This only hurts gamers as dedicated miners will just use 472.12 or prior drivers.

FranciscoCL and endbase like this.