NVIDIA GeForce 496.49 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 26, 2021.

1. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    yeah i like this.. but i still advise you to taste windows 10 x64 1607 LTSB..dont forget to set telemetry as "security" after installation..im sure you will like that
    cheers

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We will have a fix for this issue in our next Game Ready Driver release.

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are still looking into this but not had any success so far in reproducing it. I had one user disable MPO as a quick test and it did not solve his issue so I do know it is not MPO related.

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Still looking into this.

5. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 Member

GPU:
    Hello @ManuelG ,

Always and always audio cuts with HDMI :(
    466.27 since a looong time. Far Cry 6 finally works with it but :(

6. NotReallySure

NotReallySure Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 ti
    The 496 drivers always made DOOM Eternal crash until now. As posted on the Steam forums, if Present From Compute is OFF it does not freeze up. So the issue was the game AND driver!

7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Motherboard BIOS up to date? Does changing the power management mode on your PC monitor make a difference?

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Hard reboot as in BSOD or reboot meaning it just needs to reboot to complete the installation?

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    What monitors are you using and how are each of the monitors connected? Which apps do you have open when this occurs?

10. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Is your GPU overclocked?

11. realghostvids

realghostvids Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB
    Well I've never seen this before.
    [​IMG]

Where is the log file it's referring to?

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    The game developer removed the update:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/4580716151550580913/

stryfe2010 likes this.
  13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    If you are able to reproduce this repeatedly, it would be good if you could create a manual crash dmp as described in the FAQ below and then send it to me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5149

14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Is that the only monitor connected to your graphics card? By chance does uninstalling GeForce Experience fix the flickers?

15. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    BSOD. As was said earlier it seems to be when installing HD audio and my chipset drivers are well and truly out of date. So kind of my fault. Time I Updated them

16. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    thank you for your reply! I don't think this is the reason. Please review this, the feedback given to you last year:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-451-85.433455/page-5#post-5812805
    You have fixed this BUG in 452.06 at that time. Since the release of 452.06, I have kept the latest version of the driver, and the BUG has not appeared for more than a year from 452.06 to 472.12. This BUG appeared again until I updated 496.13. The only change is that I changed from the standard driver to DCH.You have reproduced this bug last year and fixed it. Perhaps this is a rare bug that only occurs on certain monitors? I am using VG252Q HDMI 2.0
    This BUG is very distressing to me and I need your help again. If you need me to provide more information, please feel free to reply to me, thank you again!

17. exdhawk

exdhawk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3
    I have two monitors connected, but even with the second monitor turned off the flickering keeps happening, I'll try to remove the gfe and see if it works, thanks.

18. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are still trying to reproduce this.

19. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
  20. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    The difference is that these are DCH drivers, imho. DCH drivers have always had a ton of issues like the mouse feeling weird or laggy, stuttering, and overall sensitivity feeling different. Not to mention more game stuttering problems.

Even now, I cannot play Valorant at a Diamond+ level with this newest driver since it is only avaliable as DCH. Both the previous driver, nor this driver, allow me to play properly at all. However... as soon as I swap back to the Standard driver from September, what happens?

BOOM, I'm popping off winning every single match at Diamond and Immortal.If you don't believe me, the images below will show what it is like playing on Standard Driver vs DCH Driver.

472.12 - Standard Driver:
    Click here for the Image

492.13 - DCH Driver:
    Click here for the Image

The images only show scores of a few games, true... but trust me when I say that the game definitely feels very different when using a Standard driver version, compared to the DCH driver version. The images of the scores are the best things I can provide to show that it does negatively impact the ability to play normally, sadly.

The issue is very weird, it's just that the DCH driver feels completely different, and really feels "off" and has quite a few bugs with mouse movement, which changes my aim a lot. There feels like an input delay change between the driver versions, and Standard simply feels much "cleaner" or more "natural".

That's why I can play so much better, on the Standard Drivers.

Also, before someone comes alongsaying that the reason that I played worse in the DCH Driver images is "because it was D3 rank" and "standard driver was D1 rank"... please realize that both are alt accounts.

My main account images from a past season, when using Standard Driver at the time, can be found below:

Peak Rating previous (Standard drivers) - Click for rank Image

I will tell you that I can only ever play good on the Standard Drivers, and that the DCH Drivers have some major issues that seem to render competitive play impossible. That's my experience, as someone who plays the games quite a lot, and has tried the DCH vs Standard drivers.

Positive note wise, I will say that the 472.12 driver and the 471.96 driver were by far the best drivers that Nvidia has released ever since August 2020. All the drivers between August 2020 to 471.96 were pretty bad, and due to the DPC latency issue, they also made playing competitively difficult.

However, the force to use DCH drivers will likely be just as bad, if not worse for competitive players. This is a huge mistake by Nvidia, unless they can figure out how to make the DCH drivers actually equivalent to the Standard drivers.

Until then, you're actively throwing away your elo in competitive eSports titles, if you make the mistake of choosing to "upgrade" to DCH drivers

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Papusan and akbaar like this.