NVIDIA GeForce 496.13 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 12, 2021.

1. I have a feeling that NVIDIA dropped W7 support quite some time ago, because the last really solid W7 driver was 446.14.

Anyway, are there any performance differences compared to 472.12? Would be nice to do a comparison with older drivers in some key games if this significant version bump actually did something.

dreamlord likes this.
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    They do the same for Fortnite.

It's a bit annoying to force a feature on that can cause anti-aliasing artifacts.

3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Very good drivers imo, mouse on desktop feels great and new physx version i noticed.

pharma likes this.
  4. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    No issues so far. Atleast no noticeable performance downgrade like it used to be the past half a year of drivers.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    More than enough :cool:
    1-5GB is fine (i have 10GB).

Note:
    Im Playing lots of games, so i need some space for it ;)

Note #2
    You can always purge the files Yourself & rebuild if needed.
    --> c:\Users\**\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\
    Two folders: DXCache & GLCache

AQUILES and Maddness like this.
  6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, other benchmarks don't show much out of the ordinary so this seems to be mostly limited to ACV.
    There are a couple of gains in CPU limited scenarios besides that but less than 10%.

7. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt
    Fast-Adaptive, half refresh rate) options missing from nvidia control panel using 472.12 driver. Is this intentional or fixed in this driver?

8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    The default value is not 256MB, I've seen my cache grow to something like 2.6GB. They increased the limit a lot with some previous drivers, which I think is a good thing, because what good is a cache for when it gets purged all the time.

sertopico likes this.
  9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Wish Nvidia would just clarify what the "default" value is in the control panel option description, what is all that wasted space in the UI is even for then? I hate it when there's an app that has multiple values for certain settings and has "default" option with no indication of what "default" actually is.
    For example some games have Image Sharpening set to "Nvidia Recommended" but what the hell is "Nvidia Recommended"? Is it forced off? Why not say "Recommended [Off]" then? Is it on? If so then what values does it use exactly? Or some other apps like most Chromium browsers and their about:flags menu with various settings having multiple options and "default" one, like what the hell does "default" defaults to even.

10. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    No luck for me. Still when I turn "Show On-Screen Display" Off. The filters will work immediately. If I turn it On then they quit working. Oh well :(

11. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    You serious?So it comes enabled by default in dhc drivers but you have to download the NvCameraConfiguration utility to disable it?
    Why tho.What logical thought process is this.

I usually disable ansel in standard because its just another overlay that can cause issues and thankfully the exe is there in the nvidia folder so its quick and easy.This seems like it's just extra hassle to deter ppl from disabling it.

Also was looking in the nvidia forums/reddit and the shader cache setting seems to have been removed too?Again why.

12. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    Thanks! I tried that and re-installed RTSS and still won't work with Show On-Screen Display On.

This is so weird. I really love monitoring temps, etc.

One thing I noticed about this drivers is that they seem to run 10c hotter on idle than the 472.12

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The problem is that there are more options in Ansel CP than just enabling/disabling it, and all these options are now gone from DCH distribution.
    Nv's CP is a hot mess now, no idea how that crap still flies and why nobody is giving them flak about the awfulness which is the old CP.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    You mean the one that toggles Shader Cache on/off? That has been replaced by the "Shader Cache Size" setting. When you set it to Disabled, the shader cache is disabled.

Yeah. I also noticed the UWP control panel is slightly less responsive than the old one. It shouldn't be too hard to add all the Ansel/Nvidia Camera settings under an "Ansel" or "Nvidia Camera" menu item in Video or Display of the Nvidia Control Panel.

15. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    they dropped kepler support long time ago, only difference is this the first time they actually mentioned it officialy :)

16. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    @ManuelG
    Hello.
    Manuel would you be so kindly to state some things about shader cache?
    It would be great to know default value of shader cache, because NVCPL is lacking that info.
    Also what is maximum pool for a single game/app?

Thank you alot for another nice driver package! Take care.

17. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    I think the users I saw complained that they can't disable it per game now since it seems to be a global option now.Or is it?Can you have it disabled for certain games and not for others?

Also they need to add a way to disable/tweak ansel into the control panel instead of having to download a utility.You would think they would just have done it by now because it makes sense to have the option to disable an nvidia setting that comes enabled by default in the nvidia control panel.This is all common sense stuff c'mon.

Or give us standard back.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  18. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    I noticed this too, I got a small bump in performance in Valhalla at 4K with 5820K + 3080. I'm now wondering what other DX12 games got this performance increase.

1Bravo likes this.
  19. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    It could just be recent AC:V updates, not the drivers themselves. The performance uplift is significant. Someone should benchmark Horizon:ZD, it behaves similar to AC:V.

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    There is only the global setting, no per app setting option.