NVIDIA GeForce 496.13 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 12, 2021.

1. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    with DX12 ?

2. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Seeing lots of 0xC0000005 (memory related, probably something connected to the shader cache) errors in Black Ops Cold War while using this driver.

Reverting to 472.12 solves this issue entirely.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Overclocks degrade the system with time, especially more so if the voltages for cpu exceed the stock VID max, and driver optimizations can introduce instability to an overclocked system by changing the instructions and processing patterns of the cpu and how it makes use of the core spread.

Ubisoft titles being notorious for poor cpu usage exagerates the conditions, on the other hand, rockstars rage engine is more likely to crash under poor memory tuning conditions.

thats your system memory being unstable.

Clearly the tests are wrong, because you can't prove the absence of an issue and crashing has proven the presence of one.

decrease memory speed to the ryzen qualified 3200mhz and repeat the scenario.
    Windows 11 + TPM changes everything where stability is concerned

4. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    What are you saying, man? haha
    I'm using an XMP profile that was proven stable for over a year now. This issue is clearly related to the newest driver, as I've never had this issue prior to updating.

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    If you can capture a full Windows dmp file from the crash and share it with me, then I'll ask our team to look into this:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3335

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its a rock that thinks with electricity, there is no such thing as "proven stable"

7. Johan Prinsloo

Johan Prinsloo New Member

GPU:
    3090 Strix White OC
    Not much FPS gain (still need to bench)..BUT once that shader cache becomes operational there is almost zero stutter for pretty much everything...(5gb specified for cache) this is nvidias best effort since 46xx whatever, pretty amazing....

8. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    i am still using win 10 home 64bit, rtx 3080 10gb, 472.12 WHQL.... so, should i must be installed this new driver from nvidia ??

also, is there any standar version for this driver ?? because, i have never using nvidia DCH version.....

if, iam going to install this new nvidia DCH version, should i must to upgrade, clean instal, or using DDU ??

9. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    I reckon that a rock sitting on a side steadily for over a year wouldn't start to shake uncontrollably all of the sudden, unless something made it shake... I get your analogy, don't get me wrong, but if "proving stability" does not exist for you, then why are people aiming for stability when picking and oc'ing parts? It makes no literal sense mate...

Anyway, ending this useless exchange of words, I was just reporting an issue that have come up after updating the driver.
    Simple neglection of the problem, that you are apparently a big fan of, and zeroing it to "memory stability" is full of rubbish. Pardon my french.

Passus likes this.
  10. SoulsCollective

SoulsCollective New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 3090 OC
    Can anyone confirm a performance regression in Deep Rock Galactic using DX12? Noticing significant hitching/stuttering with these drivers that was not present on previous 472.12. DX11 version not affected.

Have tried shader cache cleanup, Steam verification, and locking game profile at max performance mode, but no change. Shows up in solo games, so doesn't seem to be network related.

11. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    After some tests I believe this driver introduce random crashes to Diablo 2 resurrected.... beware

12. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Hi ManuelG,

To question 1: PNY RTX 3090 XLR8 Gaming REVEL Epic-X RGB Triple Fan Edition with the Resizable BAR Bios Update
    To question 2: Single Gigabyte Aorus FI32U connected via DisplayPort
    To question 3: Just sitting idle on desktop doing nothing always did it for me to get the black squares

I hope it helps!

Cheers!

13. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 3080Ti
    Are you crazy? I have 11900K undervolted, RTX3080 undervolted to 950mV, what can exceeding stock VID max lol, man you just answer sh#t almost every time here, are you paid for message count or what, please stop posting this nonsense, everything is the same for last 6 months in my system, new driver = crash. Uh oh, it's everything other on your system, but not only change for last 6 months - new driver lololol

14. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 Ti
    Since it's DX12 only - yes.

15. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    I cannot use DCH drivers and play normally in competitive games. I really hope that Nvidia brings back Standard driver versions.

These drivers for example feel "smoother" when not in a game, just browsing the desktop. However, once in game, I feel some sort of inconsistency in general with a feeling of delay overall. There are also more "hiccups" or "stuttering" moments, compared to the previous version drivers using the Standard non-DCH version.

Would love to be able to act as if DCH drivers are just as good as Standard ones, but in my experience, they feel completely different.

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    Why are people complaining about DCH driver packages?

The driver is the same format its always been just packaged different with the UWP stuff

No different here than previous drivers (can only vouch for 2 sets as I only just got this card)

You do not need the store or anything so I do not get all the fuss

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Complaining is the new crap.

Blackfyre, Xtreme512 and Passus like this.
  18. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M

Because when you swap to the DCH driver from the Standard driver, a lot of us play worse and cannot do as well in competitive eSports titles?

For VALORANT I have personally tried to use the DCH versions multiple times in the past year, each time for a period of 24 hours to 72 hours at a time. The reason why I didn't test the DCH drivers for a longer period of time, is because I'd immediately find myself unable to perform as well as normal.

My experiences are the following

DCH Drivers:
    • [DESKTOP] Smoother feeling when browsing or on the desktop, somehow "lighter" feeling
    • [VALORANT] Sensitivity feels somehow different in game
    • [VALORANT] Movement and input can feel more "delayed" at times, with a high amount of inconsistency with all input for movement & aiming
    Standard Drivers:
    • [DESKTOP] Slower feeling when browsing or on the desktop
    • [VALORANT] Sensitivity feels normal
    • [VALORANT] Movement and input are consistent or regular

The above comparison is the best that I can do at describing my issue with the DCH driver versions. The basic point is that when I use DCH driver versions, I have struggled with some kind of inconsistency and strange delay that occurs at random moments

I'm not sure exactly why this happens, to be honest.. but with Nvidia swapping to only DCH driver updates, trust me when I say that I wish this wasn't the case. I would love if the DCH drivers felt identical to the Standard drivers.

But they do not feel the same at all in practice, even if "on paper, they should be the same".

19. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Does anyone have some comparison when using the old shader cache vs the newer one at your own set value and if you see any performance increase with it or the opposite ?

20. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Shader cache size will only differ in performance if the cache needs to be purged frequently, its a quality of life feature (for those that actively play a lot of games), not a performance boosting feature.

Smokey25 likes this.