NVIDIA GeForce 496.13 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 12, 2021.

1. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I did a clean install after DDU with internet unplugged. I had NVCP without going to the store before I reconnected.
    Drivers work fine. I have set my cache to 10Gb.

Passus and Maddness like this.
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I've deleted some comments, please stick to driver feedback please

Blackfyre likes this.
  3. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    To throw my two cents in here as well since I am having similar issues... I also get the black squares with the new drivers on my desktop without any windows open, just plainly sitting there doing nothing and they randomly flicker. Also tried again with 496.13 driver trying in 8-bit as I was in 10-bit before, as it was mentioned before by Astyanax, but no changes. Happens only in 2D to me so far. I am on Windows 10 with the latest updates btw.

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Well crap, this pretty much makes an RTX 3080/Ti (If I can ever find one for a decent price so I can gift this 2080 to my older brother) with an outdated driver the last stand for gaming on this W7 OS install.
    (And yes I would still get my money's worth out of it.)

Had a good run, first installed this OS on a mechanical HDD (later cloned to an SSD) at the end of 2010 and have never had enough problems to need reinstalling it and it has survived migrations to several kinds of hardware without a major problem. (Aside from lack of USB Driver support, thankfully motherboard has a PS/2 port and I have a PS/2 keyboard)
    Guess the next one is W10 dedicated. (I dual boot on this one)

6. SoulsCollective

SoulsCollective Member

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Tuf
    As with other posters, can confirm desktop/2D corruption with this driver package on a 3090 (Asus Strix OC, but occurs at debug base clocks). Also evident text corruption in Chrome-based browsers with HW accel enabled - screenshotable, so does not appear to be hardware error.

3D perf is completely fine, no observed issues.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm curious why its not turning up on the 3080/3070 etc, its apparently an alpha test failure where the window border is shadowing some part of the desktop.

8. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm on a 3090 and have no observable issues whatsoever. So clearly not something that happens to everyone.

9. MaidenFred

MaidenFred Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti Suprim X
    Hi all !
    With NVcleanstall you can dowload and mod driver as before...
    Choose "manually select a driver version" and check "show all versions"
    Pick the driver you want in the list, click "Next"
    Select what you need then click "Next"

Download will start and decompress... Now you can select "disable installer telemetry" and leave unchecked all the other choices such as "Install NVIDIA Control Panel App".
    The old standard CP will install anyway.

Tested and working fine over driver 472.12 and also after using DDU.
    No problem ATM.

Edit: Ansel still here...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    considering its not included, no it won't.

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Can't be. I was testing it for an hour last night after removing any traces of an old install while creating a clean install and it never appeared. Unless I've missed something trying to make it happen again.

12. Kahana82

Kahana82 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI FTW3
    Probably has been suggested a number of times, but think of adding an exception for the shader cache directory to your AV program (or the one included with Windows).
    Comes to mind that games would/could stutter each time a new shader is added/modified in the cache folder as it is being scanned.

13. gassenn

gassenn Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Green Screen of Death(GSOD), but after all, driver is working fine

14. andrewsilverland

andrewsilverland New Member

GPU:
    asus 1070
    Didnt see in the description but theres a new physx version attached to this update

15. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Guy earlier said he had access to the control panel without having to go into the windows store.
    Makes no sense to seperate the Control panel from the driver.

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    @ManuelG Metro Exodus Enhanced still has an awful lot of stutter with the Nvidia D3D12 driver, it runs much smoother on AMD D3D12, but also Nvidia Vulkan via VKD3D-Proton (Linux). This is very obvious in the Volga level introduction (but also when playing the actual level). CPU and Windows version don't seem to matter, already old non-Enhanced version of the game ran more stuttery with D3D12 on Nvidia. Game settings likely don't matter much either.

It seems something's quite broken or unoptimized in the Nvidia D3D12 driver for this game, this should really get improved.

To other users: The game btw. does not run with vkd3d-proton on Windows, please don't ask/report about it.

17. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Installed on my 3060 ti , and have no corruption of text in chrome / desktop . Games are working fine. Clocks speed's are fine too , no bugs there with speeds gettign locked or stuck in low states.

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Changed the shader cache and time spy artefacts with it, rubber banding and stuff

19. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Seems to run fine on my 3060 Ti also, no corruption of any sort and everything behaving as it should. Obviously will update if any issues arise. Agree with the Metro DX12 comment as well, in fact, dx12 games (not everything) seem to take an awfully long time to settle down on my system. Shader caching seems to cause a good amount of stutter until everything has finally been compiled but even then DX12 games are prone to having random massive frametime spikes.

Control, Marvel's Avengers, Life Is Strange:True Colors, Metro Exodus OG and Enhanced,Deliver Us The Moon, Mankind Divided, FIFA 21 & 22 all exhibit this behaviour in DX12

Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, Hitman 2, Rise Of The Tomb Raider, Shadow Of The Tomb Raider all work perfectly for me on DX12

20. SSD

SSD Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    To install the original driver and Control Panel from Nvidia you need to disable your internet connection first. Otherwise the default Windows behavior is to download the driver and CP from Microsoft, of course this is true only if you install on a system on which you previously uninstalled the driver. Short story, ALWAYS disable internet before installing new driver.

Passus likes this.