NVIDIA GeForce 496.13 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Oct 12, 2021.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    This edition of Release Notes describes the Release 495 family of NVIDIA® graphics drivers (versions 495.xx to 499.xx) for Microsoft® Windows® 10 and later1. NVIDIA provides these notes to describe performance improvements and bug fixes in each documented version of the driver.
    GeForce Game Ready Driver
    Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.
    Game Ready for Back 4 Blood
    This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Back 4 Blood, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to boost performance by up to 46% at 4K. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest new titles and updates, including the launch of the Crysis Remastered Trilogy and Baldur's Gate 3 which utilize NVIDIA DLSS, as well as DLSS updates to Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Chivalry 2. Additionally, this release provides optimal support for
    The Riftbreaker and Sword and Fairy 7.

What’s New in Release 495
    NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings
    • Added Shader Cache Size control to set the maximum amount of disk space to use for storing shader compiles.
    • Vertical Sync options for Optimus notebook GPUs are now the same as for desktop GPUs.

Fixed Issues in this Release
    - [GeForce RTX 3080]: The system does not boot with two Samsung Odyssey G70A 28" monitors are connected to the GPU. [3359697]
    - [GeForce GTX 960]: The primary monitor lost after resume from sleep or shutdown. [3340905]
    - [Windows 11]: The screen flashes once after switching to the discrete GPU-only mode in the NVIDIA Control Panel. [3330077]
    - [Multiple Apps][Ansel/Freestyle]: Depth of field filter shows blurry characters. [200749545]
    - [Notebook]: Vulkan test applications run on the integrated graphics processor instead of the discrete GPU. [200770322]

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/496.13/496.13-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Download
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-496-13-whql-driver-download.html

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2021
  2. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    Open Issues in Version 496.13 WHQL
    As with every released driver, version 496.13 WHQL of the Release 495 driver has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. This section includes lists of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others may have workaround solutions.

Windows 10/11 Issues
    - [Doom Eternal][HDR][FSR]: Eternal]: Texture across the game darkens and is unplayable after enabling HDR + FSR. [200776916]
    - [Rise of the Tomb Raider]: Characters and background disappear and corruption is prominent when Anti-Aliasing is set to SSAA 2X and SSAA 4x. [200777463]
    - [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
    - YouTube: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
    - Tom Clancy's The Division 2 may display graphical artifacts. [200754013]
    - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
    - [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998] To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
    - [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
    - [Windows 11]: Display goes blank when video is switched to full-screen with G-Sync enabled. [200778687]

fluidz and JonasBeckman like this.
  3. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Thanks...how about a standard driver link? I don't use DCH

Kolt, loracle and lionhad like this.
  4. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

What exactly is the difference? No performance difference, same panel, why have both? (Im asking because I really don't know)

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Is this final? Im a bit confused..from 472 to 496? Big jump.

6. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Oh wow that shader cache storage size one is a biggy. Finally, I can have smooth gameplay over the vast mass of installed games. Thanks Nvidia and thank you to everyone who asked them for this feature including a pat on the back to myself :)

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Difference is in new Windows style of device drivers installer and inf-files. DCH-style offers more customization to OEMs. Actual device drivers are the same.
    Control Panels are not the same from binary point of view - DCH-style has UWP (aka MS Store) app for the control panel - but design of the UI is the same.

8. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Standard Driver does not require getting control Panel from MS store.

Anyone have the standard driver link?

Shayne likes this.
  9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They dropped Maxwell support..

10. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    They dropped Kepler. Maxwell1 & 2 are still supported. ;)

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah Kepler, my bad.

12. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Moment of truth. Can I run my two Samsungs on HDMI 2.1 without the system exploding? Will by Valve Index start working again in combination with these displays?

--edit: Dual HDMI 2.1 finally works. Huzzah.

The EDID information is still a load of crap with the reported 2000x1000 resolution, but alas.

Now on to the Index.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Cave Waverider likes this.
  13. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    if i use a big cache size storage on hdd, that´s can be worse?

14. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Okay, so running both my Samsung Odyssey G70A on HDMI 2.1 seems to work now without crashing the system.

However, when I try to activate my Valve Index VR goggles (which are on DP, while both Samsungs are on HDMI), the system still takes a dump, with the same SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION blue screen error in nvlddmkm.sys like the Samsungs did on their own when provoked in earlier drivers (i.e. both on DP or both on HDMI).

--edit:
    Clearly Samsung's at fault here.

Two things:
    - Monitor Asset Manager can read out live data. I suddenly see four active displays, two of them deliver still the faulty EDID data, and two which probably are stand-ins from NVidia, which have "correct" data.
    - When I put the displays in AV mode, they actually report proper EDID data to the driver (proper modes, extension blocks and all that, according to CRU, all which is lacking in PC mode), and I can fire up the Index without the system crashing. Of course AV mode is unacceptable, since it disables various options in the display.

So I either have to wait for more fixes from NVidia, which I'm sure are tired to deal with faulty firmware, I have to wait for a firmware update from Samsung, or Valve releases the Deckard goggles, which will presumably render in an off-screen buffer not representing an actual display device, since it will be wireless.

Fun.

--edit:
    It doesn't matter if both G70A are on HDMI or both on DP, as soon as the Index comes up, kablammo. I didn't bother trying mixing things again, I've crashed my system enough for the day.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Cave Waverider likes this.
  15. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    They dropped Kepler, not Maxwell

16. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

Can someone explain the new cache option?
    - Added Shader Cache Size control to set the maximum amount of disk space to use for storing shader compiles.

When/why to use and how?

BlindBison likes this.
  17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Drivers store compiled shaders on the disk (the cache, so next time the compiled shader from the cache can be used instead of compiling it again). Now you can set the limit how much of disk space drivers should use. Before that the limit was set internally in drivers.

18. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

And what was/is the default limit? Also which disc exactly? Is it the C:? Or where the game is installed? And can the location be edited somehow?

BlindBison likes this.
  19. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Where is standard vesion link ? i dont, and wont use dch, i just want a standard one that i cut with nvslimmer from all the garbage :D

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Looks like NVIDIA is only offering DCH from here onwards.

RodroG, Blackfyre, OnnA and 5 others like this.