NVIDIA GeForce 471.96 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    alright, it must just be the user data (WpSystem) that is protected this way.

if you use windowed/borderless, set ingame vsync off.

You have a bus issue, are these cards on risers?

2. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    @ManuelG Thank you so much for responding, again <3

I actually do believe the COVID-19 reason is valid, since I've seen how the virus can affect people, and know how the safety precautions can interefere with a lot of workplaces. Not to mention, this whole pandemic weighs on all of us in a unique way. Both unique for the virus compared to other illnesses, and unique, as in most individuals do seem to handle the pandemic differently. I completely understand that, and I really do appreciate that this issue is finally squashed.

Thanks to all of you at NVIDIA.

I just wish that issues with DPC latency & input would be checked for each new driver ahead of time, on multiple GPUs. We can assume that NVIDIA does test the drivers on each generation of card, prior to releasing a new driver. But, I'd guess that DPC latency and input latency are not specifically tested on each generation of card for every driver before they go public? This whole fiasco with latency issues would never have occured, if all new drivers were tested for DPC latency, input latency, and stuttering issues.

For example... NVIDIA should probably testing every new driver with say 3 Pascal, 3 Turing, and 3 Ampere cards for DPC latency and input latency.

NVIDIA can test the latency for each recent driver, then test the latency for the current 471.96 driver. That's the starting point.Afterwards, NVIDIA can test each driver after this point, PRIOR to releasing the driver publicly. This would allow NVIDIA to compare if the latency differs significantly from driver to driver, before a driver is released to the end-user. In the case that there is a significant increase in DPC latency or input latency with a "beta driver" or "new driver", NVIDIA simply delays the release of the driver... postponing the release of the update, until the latency issues are resolved.

COVID-19 surely did make it much harder to work as efficiently as before the pandemic, and I am not trying to flame you on a personal level. I respect all of you at NVIDIA, and know that doing such work is not easy at all. I'm super grateful for all that NVIDIA, AMD, Intel, and so on do for us... and thank you Manuel!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Looks like FS2020 has the same tiling artifacts.

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    :mad:
    still have issue with windows 11

startmenu/search stop working when monitor goes to sleep or turn off.
    and host process as to be restarted everytime.
    ran sfc and dism.
    cleaned installed drivers

not fixed.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not a driver issue.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    The start menu in Windows 11 is very unstable in general. I've seen it happen on both Nvidia and AMD cards as well as Intel integrated graphics, so it doesn't look to be a driver issue. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it in time for release.

7. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
    @ManuelG Hi, I've been getting complete system lockups and BSODs with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error error code after closing a full screen exclusive game, with every single driver after 461.40, on both Windows 10 and Windows 11 on my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 with a GTX 960M. When playing it works fine, but as soon as I close the game it freezes the PC or shows a BSOD after a few seconds. The games that do it almost 100% are Halo MCC, RE7 and Yakuza 5 Remastered from the Windows Store, and the emulation frontend RetroArch. I've reported it through the driver feedback form multiple times. Driver 461.40 and earlier work perfectly. Do you know what could be a probable cause? Did something significant changed after driver 461.40 that could be causing it? Is there anything I can do, or any info I can send, to help Nvidia engineers find the cause of the issue? Thanks

8. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You have much bigger issues than a gpu driver issue. By any chance, have you installed any recent 3rd-party apps?

Edit:

Have you checked on Dell's site for any updates?

9. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
    I'm not sure if a 3rd party app is causing it, it started happening on January with driver 461.62, so I don't remember exactly what I installed back then. I found a post on the GeForce forums from a few years ago with the same issue, they said that uninstalling GeForce Experience fixed it, but that did not work for me. I disabled all overlays to test if that was causing the issue, didn't work. It might be some weird Optimus issue between mismatched WDDM versions between the Intel driver and the Nvidia driver, since Intel is 2.1 and Nvidia is 3.0. Unfortunately Intel never added higher WDDM support for Skylake. I tested with multiple Intel driver versions, including the official, and extremely outdated, manufacturer approved Intel driver, but it didn't help. Only downgrading to Nvidia's 461.40 driver works. Maybe a Windows clean install might help, but I can't really afford to do it right now, so I can live with a slightly outdated Nvidia driver as long as all games work fine.

EDIT: Here's the GeForce forums post I was talking about

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...e-experience-and-dxgkrnl-fatal-error-blue-sc/

10. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
    Dell no longer updates this model, last Nvidia's driver on the Dell site is 391.25

11. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    Press ESC in DOOM for tens of seconds and the game will get stuck

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Windows Insider on Twitter: "Thank you again for your patience #WindowsInsiders – If you were impacted by this issue, you can use the steps added to the top of these blog posts to get back into a working state on your PC: Build 22000.176 https://t.co/dpwehA9nTJ Build 22449 https://t.co/oathE7BE5U" / Twitter

Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.
    1. Choose “More details” at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.
    2. Go to “File” and choose “Run new task”.
    3. Type “cmd” in the “Open” field.
    4. Paste the following (everything in bold):
      reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
    5. Hit enter, and then your PC should reboot. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.

rallen, Cave Waverider and Maddness like this.
  13. Netherlands

Netherlands New Member

GPU:
    GForce 6800GT
    Can someone confirm that this driver has a brightness bug in Battlefield 1. The sun always was bad but with this driver on some maps i only see white.

EDIT: Looks the same as in this youtube video: .
    Yesterday all was fine. Today i update to this new driver and i have this problem.

EDIT 2: After restarting the game everything is fine again.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  14. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    audio out of sync on chrome youtube and twitch. hardware acceleration on MPC is broken with frame skips and sync issues. major issues with hardware acceleration with this driver.

15. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    why is this driver NOT on nvidias website?

16. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 Ti
    Everything works fine on my system.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  17. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
  18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Why would this be your immediate assumption when literally no one else has seemingly mentioned this being a problem for them?

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    are you really complaining about w11 in beta?

HonoredShadow and Loster like this.
  20. orbittwz

orbittwz New Member

Well the problem returns!
    I have no idea how to set the Intel iGPU to work under normal loads and not get to 100% and stutter my gameplay...
    the dGPU is working fine and without the stutters it's smooth.
    using 471.96 and computer is updated with all the manufacturer's recommendations.

EDIT: used DDU and installed the certified driver from my manufacturer's site...
    Nvidia Optimus was installed, and I hope this will help... will update in a bit...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    HonoredShadow likes this.