NVIDIA GeForce 471.96 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Aug 31, 2021.

1. valorex

valorex Member

GPU:
    Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1. Additionally, this release also provides support for 6 new G-SYNC Compatible displays.

Fixed Issues in this Release
     DPC latency is higher when color mode is set to 8-bit color compared to 10-bit color. [3316424]
     Unable to detect supported display modes for the Samsung Odyssey G9 display [3332327]
     Blue-screen crash/reboot loop occurs when two Samsung Odyssey G9 displays @ 240Hz are connected. [3256732]
     NVDisplay.Container.exe constantly writes data to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\nvtopps\nvtopps.db3. [3350171]
     [Windows 11][Notebook]: With the graphics mode set to Hybrid, the GPU frequently wakes up while idle. [3345922]
     [CUDA][Turing/Volta GPUs]: Stability issues with Topaz Denoise AI. [200755368]

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/471.96/471.96-win11-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Download
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-471-96-whql-driver-download.html

386SX, Maddness, fluidz and 8 others like this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats nearly all of the widespread issues taken care of now.

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    you must be confused..

sapo_joe likes this.
  4. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super
    So this is the last driver with Kepler and Win 7 support IIRC.

5. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    For me they still miss 2 fixes. The blackscreen & reboot issue + the weaker performance in comparison to the 30series release drivers.
    But i agree, only took them half a year to fix most of them.

6. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    After all that bloody time of telling them it wasn't my hardware with the odd member saying as such, it was a Nvidia issue and they've fixed it!! Al I can say is, I told you so :mad::eek:

Terepin likes this.
  7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Can confirm nvtopps write activity issue is fixed.
    MPO issue in madvr/mpv however is not. I hope it correlates with that YouTube stutter bug and will be fixed with it, still keeping MPO disabled till then...

Herochild likes this.
  8. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I feel you. I always claimed my dpc was crap yet people told me that my hardware is garbage or faulty...

Terepin and eGGroLLiO like this.
  9. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Given that there are no widespread reports about this, the 1st issue sounds like hardware or unstable CPU/RAM issue.
    Do you have solid numbers for the second alleged issue?

10. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
    Curious; does the MPO issue also occur on 10bit color displays with its respective setting in Windows?

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I don't know, as I can't test this due to lacking a 10 bit capable display.

12. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    I think that was fixed in one of the previous versions.

13. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Go through nvidia forums. Plenty of posts about people getting B(lack)SODs and their pcs are rebooting. Spread across 20s, 30s if not even 900 or 10 series gpus. It might not be that wide spread as the dpc latency and write disk, but definitely not uncommon.

P.S. People even replaced their hardware and still have the issue. I didn't replace anything just cranked my powerlimit from 85% to 90% on my 3090 and i haven't seen the issue in over 100 hours of usage / gaming.

14. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    When did this issue appear for the first time?

15. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Is this the first time there’s been a “game ready driver” where the release notes didn’t mention any specific game?
    Or is it there and I’m missing it?

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Herochild likes this.
  17. Glowtape

Glowtape Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The Odyssey G9 thing is probably my issue, altho mine are G7 and do only 144hz. I guess it's an issue across all new Odysseys.

--edit:
    Nope, G9 specific fixes I guess. My G70A still crap the bed. Next release hopefully.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  18. herefordrivers

herefordrivers Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Curious. After upgrading to Windows 11, I was getting a black screen of death in a particular game on GTX 1070. Some crash dumps even showed some nvidia items. I didn't know what the problem was, and thought maybe it was just a Windows 11 issue.

19. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
    Driver 471.68.. I've taken some time to reproduce the issues you were having (720p --> 1440p upscaling on madVR, enable fullscreen exclusive mode within madVR settings, 10 bit supported by display and set in Windows and madVR display info) and was not seeing any stuttering. I'm mostly using NGU settings someone posted on doom9.

I did also not notice any stutter with the same setup and 8 bit set globally. Maybe it's down to your individual configuration.

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Is this the reason why I no longer have 1440x900 resolution available on my 16:10 display?
    Now there's a new 1477x923 resolution instead but it's only available if "scaling" is enabled in Sharpening settings. 14x90 was available before regardless of scaling settings.