NVIDIA GeForce 471.68 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 10, 2021.

1. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Nothing unusual to report so far, works the same as previous version.

Apparently youtube scrolling has more responsive (faster) scaling clocks?
    But that's about it.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

This is also sadly a truth, i really wish they'd start using DRED religiously.

3. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    You still bother disabling mpo with this driver?Some ppl noticing some wierd effects even on fullscreen games with it ON (which shouldn't happen supposedly)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  4. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Yup I have it disabled

5. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    Yeah, it does really affect sensitivity in VALORANT at least, imho. I tried to disable MPO again last night, but immediately felt I can't do it due to the sensitivity sort of slowing way down with MPO disabled.

With MPO at default:
    • Open VALORANT
    • Go to settings ----> make sure that "Fullscreen" is set or enabled
    • Go to settings ----> make sure that your sensitivity is one which you are very familiar with, or comfortable with
    • Start a game of "The Range", the practice mode
    • Move around, shoot bots, and get a feel for your sensitivity
    vs with MPO disabled:
    • Close the game
    • Click the Nvidia provided REG file to disable MPO
    • Restart your computer
    • Open VALORANT
    • Start a game of "The Range", the practice mode
    • Move around, shoot bots, and get a feel for your sensitivity

You should notice that with MPO disabled, your mouse feels slower. Movement mechanics like bunnyhopping also feel "off" compared to using the default MPO (enabled MPO). If you don't notice a difference somehow, you can just close the game and re-enable MPO to compare it again.

Not sure if this would apply to everyone else's hardware?

But with my setup on 240hz while playing VALORANT... the subtle change in movement definitely makes it harder to bunnyhop, and the sensitivity feels slower.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Funny thing is that they always ran stable on my rigs

7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    There are workarounds documented in Mesa RADV driver to prevent bugged D3D12 games like CyberPunk from crashing themselves or the driver. If most Ubisoft D3D12 games wouldn't require kernelmode anti-cheat, we'd likely see more workarounds documented for them too. You can expect games to be much moore poorly coded than drivers, so most crashes are the games' fault. Such issues tend to be racy, so indeed you can be lucky.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  8. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    I'm going to test these out. Many times when I download new drivers the changes are very subtle. It's usually a hundred points in a 3DMark score give or take. Sometimes a shift in image quality. I am like the progression of DLSS. I am currently using the 471.11 drivers and so far I've had no issues. I'm currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn with max settings. I still notice slowdowns in certain areas when high Antialiasing is set in the NCP. This also could be due to frames going from 63ish to 90fps depending on the action and scene. The latest game build have made huge strides in PC optimization.

I'll see if the 471.68 release gives me an extra frame or two.

9. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3
    Thanks for pointing out that I wasn't running ProcessExplorer as admin. I do indeed have the write issue. Writing between 900kb - 1.4mb to ssd every 30 seconds or thereabouts. Is it necessary for me to kill & rename the process with regard to ssd life preservation or should I just leave it to Nvidia to sort out via hotfix?

[​IMG]

10. macle0d

macle0d New Member

GPU:
    Giga 3080 Gaming OC
    1MB per 30 seconds is 120MB per hour. While this is not gigabytes of disk writes per hour, for me it's better to stop that. No one know when (or if) NVIDIA will fix this case.
    It's up to you, I just didn't like this write activity on my SSD.

11. Methos101

Methos101 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Thanks for that info on nvtopps.db3. I've checked mine and it was writing around 900kb every 30sec, made it read only and it's done. Might not look like it but that's an insane amount over time.

EDIT: Now it's writing 134 Bytes, maybe that's normal for now.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  12. DarkAvatar

DarkAvatar Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    I think it's better to rename/remove "_nvtopps.dll". This way you'll stop the disk writting and the call for it to the CPU and RAM.

intellimoo likes this.
  13. XantaX

XantaX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX1660 Super OC
    Yes I will do that in the future.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  14. 4ero

4ero New Member

GPU:
    1070 FE
    Can i disable nvidia display.container guys?

15. Methos101

Methos101 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I just tried renaming it like that, and... it created a new one because it couldn't find the other one. Re-did it to read only to at least minimized the writing to just a few Bytes.

16. DarkAvatar

DarkAvatar Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Try setting the folder to read-only. Or even changing the folder permissions. It doesn't recreated the file for me, but i'm actually using the Clean GTX drivers. Also no GeForce Experience for now.

I'm still suffering the issue of the forced max performance in borderless games. Just installed the Clean GTX to see if it will help.
    No differences, but for now i gonna stick with it as i don't need RTX features for Pascal.

17. Methos101

Methos101 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I'm also using clean drivers, even with the folder on read only, it does the 134 Bytes, but that's way lower than the old 900kb so, I can live with that.

18. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I always start sweating when I hear Ubisoft and crashes that never gets fixed. People has been complaining about their games like Division 2 and such but they never fix the problems.

If they do supposedly fix them, 10 new ones appear.

19. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    of course you can, that's why i don't get why people are so frustrated about it(i mean sure, if people fiddle with their settings every day, okay i get it.) but i download it, set it up to my liking and disable it from starting up and if i need it, i just start the program.

go to services and find the nvidia stuff, end task and put it on manual, done.

20. The_Baztyx

The_Baztyx New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1660 Super
    upload_2021-8-15_11-13-10.png upload_2021-8-15_11-13-31.png upload_2021-8-15_11-13-54.png

no Cuda, physX and openCL in my Galax 1660 super Ex White.

Attached Files: