NVIDIA GeForce 471.68 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This new Game Ready Driver provides support for Naraka: Bladepoint, which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex to boost performance by up to 60% at 4K and make you more competitive through the reduction of system latency. Additionally, this release also provides optimal support for the Back 4 Blood Open Beta and Psychonauts 2 and includes support for 7 new G-SYNC Compatible displays. NVIDIA’s latest GeForce Game Ready driver delivers day of launch support for Naraka: Bladepoint and the Back 4 Blood Open Beta, both of which are enhanced with NVIDIA DLSS. This driver also adds support for Psychonauts 2, along with support for seven new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors, and 20 new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Setting profiles.
    DLSS Boosts Performance in Naraka: Bladepoint, while NVIDIA Reflex Lowers Latency

After the open beta for this unique fantasy battle royale was one of Steam’s top 10 most played games a few months back, Naraka: Bladepoint will launch officially worldwide on August 12th. GeForce Gamers are Game Ready today. Gamers playing on a GeForce RTX GPU or laptop will receive the definitive Naraka: Bladepoint experience with best-in-class performance, plus support for NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex. DLSS boosts performance by up to 60% at 4K in Naraka: Bladepoint. Reflex makes gamers more competitive through the reduction of system latency.

Game Ready for Back 4 Blood Open Beta and Psychonauts 2

On August 12th, all PC gamers can participate in the open beta for Turtle Rock Studios’ highly-anticipated Back 4 Blood which is enhanced with NVIDIA DLSS. This driver also provides the best experience in Psychonauts 2, Double Fine Productions’ long-awaited sequel to the cult classic action-platformer from 2005.

Support for 7 new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors: AOC AG274FG8R4+, AOC AG274QG3R4B+, ASUS VG258QM, ASUS PG32UQ, Lenovo G24-20, MSI G251F, and ViewSonic XG320Q.
    • NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager - 202.03
    • HD Audio Driver - 1.3.38.60
    • NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
    • GeForce Experience - 3.23.0.74
    • CUDA - 11.4
    • DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.961.0
    Download : https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-471-68-whql-driver-download.html

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    I'll stick 466.XX until someone can confirm the disc writing is fixed.

3. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3070
    Fixed Issues in this Release:

[Batman Arkham Knight][GeForce 10 Series]: The game may crash when turbulence smoke is used. [3202250]
    [Hitman 3]: The game may display random flickering when V-SYNC is disabled [200742415]
    [Monster Hunter World]: The game displays flashing glitches after extended gameplay. [3336071]
    [Assassin's Creed Odyssey]: Drops in frame rate occur during gameplay and when running the benchmark. [3345840]
    [Topaz Video Enhance AI]: The application fails to process video with driver TDR error. [200725519]
    [D5 Render]: Black corruption overlay occurs with NVIDIA DLSS ON. [200724612]
    Rendering artifacts appear on the desktop when using NVIDIA SDR deep color (10pbc). [3340917]
    [PLA Benchmark][PhysX]: The NVIDIA GPU is not used for PhysX when running the benchmark. [3099182]

fluidz, Sajittarius and Lily GFX like this.
  4. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    What disk writng?

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Open Issues:

BkNVR470_Win7.book (nvidia.com)

fluidz and Lily GFX like this.
  6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Are you talking about NvDisplay.container.exe I/O and memory usage?

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    In the previous driver thread.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Yeah.

I was gonna update to the new driver until i read about that.

9. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M
    Why is the DPC latency still not fixed? Using the MPO disable registry key makes my games feel like crap... but I also cannot play them properly with the DPC latency.

My only 240hz monitor is 8-bit color, so I cannot just "use another monitor".

What am I supposed to do, Nvidia? When will this be fixed?

Is there some way to download an old driver to fix the DPC latency issues? If so, which driver versions are 100% confirmed to not have this issue at all?

Would I use DDU to do this? If so, do I have to block Windows from automatically updating the driver after the driver is installed? Do old drivers work 100% fine with CSGO? Do old drivers work 100% perfectly with VALORANT?

Do old drivers work 100% perfectly with Windows 21H1?

After this whole fiasco, I'm probably going to buy AMD GPUs from now on, I cannot tolerate the fact that the DPC latency issue wasn't immediately fixed. No other work should be done at all by Nvidia until the issue is fixed.

10. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/471.68/471.68-win11-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

> NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager - 202.03
    > HD Audio Driver - 1.3.38.60
    > NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
    > GeForce Experience - 3.23.0.74
    > CUDA - 11.4
    > DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.961.0

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/naraka-bladepoint-game-ready-driver/

Our newest Game Ready Driver driver also adds support for 7 new G-Sync Compatible displays
    > AOC AG274FG8R4+
    > AOC AG274QG3R4B+
    > ASUS VG258QM
    > ASUS PG32UQ
    > Lenovo G24-20
    > MSI G251F
    > ViewSonic XG320Q

11. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 8GB
    IIRC v465.89 is fine. Although I'm not sure for 30 series. I'm on a 2080 and using that since months just fine.

12. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Huh, can't say I noticed anything abnormal on my machine. I did see some activity from nvcontainer and nvtopps writes but nothing huge in terms of bytes written at least.
    Looking at the process right now, nvcontainer has been active for 20 minutes and written 11mb to disk. I think it's the same as before, but it's doesn't look like much anyway.
    Though I don't see why nvtopps has to be constantly active, what does it even do besides checking GPU for autoOC capability? All I see in the log is NVAPI_NOT_SUPPORTED errors since my 1060 doesn't support that. Can Nvidia not just blacklist Pascal and lower GPUs instead of creating yet another process to constantly write to disk for no reason?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Sounds more like an issue on your rig tbh.
    Your details show an 970M?

And yes, if you use DDU it's best to be disconnected from the net until you got the new driver installed and running.
    Also make sure to get the notebook driver instead if your using it for that 970M.

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Wind...-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

As for going team red...
    Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.8.1 Download & Discussion | guru3D Forums

14. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 Ti
    HOLY frack, DID WE JUST DISCOVERED HOLY GRAIL?!

EDIT: WE DID! 10bpc no longer causes artifacts.

XantaX likes this.
  15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Repeated NVDisplay.Container.exe disk write activities aren't fixed with this driver (workaround: delete _NvTopps.dll), madVR 720p -> 1440p fullscreen stutter with MPO enabled not fixed either (workaround: disable MPO).

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Thanks, i'll stay on 466.XX then.

17. PeskyPotato

PeskyPotato Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 M

My profile on this site is very outdated, so ignore that >_<

I use:

• RTX 2080
    • AMD 5800x
    • ASUS B550-F Gaming
    • 32GB of G. Skill Neo 3600MhzCL16 ram (4x8GB sticks)
    • BenQ Zowie XL2546 240hz monitor
    • 1TB NVMe

It's also 100% not an issue on my rig, as I never had ANY issues with games & latency like this until around last October... but it really began to get worse this year, ever since the December drivers.

Using MPO disable can help SOME, but at the same time, it makes my crosshair / aim / recoil feel weird in VALORANT on Windows 21H1?

So that's the problem for me, is that even using MPO disable can cause other issues with the game's registry or feeling of the game. I did try to use old drivers from June 2020, which seemed to help somewhat?

But then Windows 10 automatically installed new drivers without asking me... and furthermore, I know that since last summer there were multiple updates to the Nvidia drivers. Different patch notes indicated optimizations for VALORANT since last year, including optimizations to Nvidia Reflex and adding Reflex to the drivers.

So I am worried that using an older driver would cause some bugs or issues with VALORANT, or potentially cause issues due to incompatability with Windows 21H1 at some point?

Nvidia really just needs to release a hotfix ASAP that fixes all DPC latency issues.

18. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    Takes the piss really! Obviously they are struggling to fix it, best driver to date so far with no DPC latency issues is the 457.51s. Oh and also the Nvidia Control Panel Sharpen isn't black listed as broken unlike newer drivers, with Warzone

19. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Can anybody who hasn't slimmed their driver installation folder check if nvtelemetry.dll is still loaded by NvDisplay.container.exe? It's not the case here anymore.

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    NvTelemetryAPI64.dll is loaded by NVDisplay.Container.exe

aufkrawall2 likes this.