NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Anyone else using an fps limiter on latest drivers experiencing this?I use an fpslimiter for g-sync using driver 466.11 and im wondering if this change is intended by design or a bug on latest drivers.Makes me a bit weary to update if so.
    Astynax mentioned Nvidia possibly started to use "sleep period in the framelimiter, like RTSS has done in 7.3.1+" whatever that is.

2. DarK SchneideR

DarK SchneideR Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    do you have problems with Apex Legends freezing in lobby?

EDIT: ok, I saw another comment saying apex legends 1080ti crashes...

3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are working on a fix for this.

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    What do you see in the Device Manager for your NVIDIA HDMI audio device? Any errors?

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I have added this to the open issues thread on our driver feedback forum.

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    What app were you using to set up the power limits?

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    NZXT CAM, using that since I use one of their fan controllers to manage my GPU pump and rad fans up against GPU temperatures, using Gigabytes software for that is not stable enough.
    Limiting with it worked fine up to and including 471.22

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This driver when i put rtx on my houselamps are starting to use rtx aswel is this normal behavior ?
    Also my gpu talks to me when i play videogames suddenly.

Jokes aside this driver is working fine here.

Only minor problem is sometimes i see weird fast flickering while watching youtube video,s while i skip them real fast to another time. Like a real fast artifact i cant explain it its super fast.

9. Vexar

Vexar New Member

GPU:
    2070S
    Game Dev Check - I have been using this driver for a few days now, and I can say everything is stable using Unreal 4 4.26.2 - Maya and all my tools related to game development.

I used slimmer, removed everything but PhysX and Driver.

RTX worked fine, along with GPU Lightmass - Going to test UE5 PREVIEW 2 later today, I will update if I see any issues.

Sajittarius likes this.
  10. ThermaL1102

ThermaL1102 Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 OC
    see with ''unpark CPU'' if your processors are parked , if they are , unpark them ...
    then check in the old controlpanel system security - windows tools - system configuration - boot - advanced options if your NR. OF PROCESSORS is set to the max amount , then do a restart and start your favorite game , see what that does , just a tip , if you don't already know it ...
    then there's any kind of GAMEBOOSTER , i use the one from driverbooster , like it the best , tried them all almost , really smooths out games and inputlag , maybe frametime idk , it just helps.
    you can install advanced systemcare for free and clean up a hell of a lot of things , at the same time get some speed back in to your system , like it was when it was freshly installed , it feels like that anyway.
    iobit mallware fighter , just give it a full scan and just toss it , can always install it again if you feel the need.
    now for my favorite program , which has the most impact , i feel , in any game , the way a game looks and runs , SYSTEM EXPLORER ,
    which has an option to set your Process Priority to the max and have no problem what so ever , really takes your processor to the max point it can go
    with a lot of games , like changing the nvidia quality to the highest quality , it changes a lot of things ,
    like i said , how the game looks , sharper , more defined
    , how the game plays ; turning with the mouse feels smoother , things load in faster in games where it needs to
    there's so much you can get out of a normal processor , it's why i'm still on the 8700K at 5HGZ
    this thing still kicks but , together with that expensive but descent 1250 euro MSI RTX 2080ti Ventus OC , which was the fastest of the bunch , i checked Before ... i bought one
    still is a good card for games of this year , even in 4K it keeps up with most games
    the newer cards are just a bit to expensive over here in Europe , prices go from 700 euro for a 3060ti , to 2200 euro for a cheap one
    which both Should cost both respectively 300+- euro and 1550+- euro , which was already a huge pill to swallow , those prices
    it's just not even in the ballpark here , they're just throwing out some random numbers and seeing if it sticks , well it doesn't
    the prices that are mentioned above have gone DOWN 600+- EUROS already , it's just absolutely effing nuts what nvidia has done
    there are cards out here for 5000+ euro
    the one i wanted to get Before i knew any of these prices , RTX 3090 Ventus OC
    and why would i buy a new card that has 20 or 30- maybe 40 fps more , when i play games at 144-240fps already , depending on the game , in 1440p
    i'm better of throwing my money in sandwich and eating it
    this apparently needed to be vented , sorry for that , hope you don't mind , 3 weeks at home , going for the second week , haven't talked to many people this week at home , jesus what a world we live in now , mmh

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Hello everyone. We did make some additional tweaks to this driver in fact to help with the higher DPC latency issue with aps that use MPO. I was wondering if users who noticed a higher DPC latency with recent drivers noticed any improvements...especially if you are using multiple mnitors?

12. Tantawi

Tantawi Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX3070
    Thank you! this was a minor problem in Windows 10 for years and now very amplified with Windows 11!

13. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    People who disabled MPO (win10/win11) can enable it back again by deleting the registry entry in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm
    "OverlayTestMode"=dword:00000005

14. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I still need to disable MPO with this driver to prevent getting intermittent stutter when playing 720p 60fps video in 1440p 85Hz fullscreen with mpv & MPC-HC/madVR. I suppose not related to DPC latency but to some other sync/vsync issue the driver has with MPO. Single display 8 bit.

15. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm running MPO enabled with no issues so far.
    I played a mpc-hc madvr video 720p -> 4k and noticed no problems, however wasn't a 60 fps video.
    Do you know where I can download a sample of 60fps so I can test it myself?

16. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Does it even matter if you turn it back on at this point?Let's say they fix whatever is causing the issue.Would it make any perceivable difference if you just leave it off?

17. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    DPC Latency was higher with this driver so I went back to 471.11. It is not fixed.

18. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    No idea to be honest, latency wise it looks ok so far on my system.
    I just run with it enabled to see if I can catch any scenario where it would cause any more issues (latency, stuttering etc).

19. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    Using multiple monitors and I see a slight improvement to former drivers

[​IMG]

Greetz Base

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    are you on chrome 92 now?