NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Terje_P

Terje_P Active Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    This could just be something faulty with my system and not the driver itself, but suddenly windows would become really slow to move around like as if the driver wasnt active. The odd thing is that relaunching the application fixed it for the application itself. Yeah, I know that wont make much sense for you all.

I cant remeber having this issue with the previous drivers.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    @ManuelG
    471.41 also crashes when playing and recording Elite Dangerous Odyssey on Windows 10, did record with Action instead of GFE this time.
    Power Limit was set to 95% instead of the default 100%.
    Did another recording with -10Mhz on the Core Clock, ran stable, recorded for 1 hour.
    Seems like 471.41 doesn't respect the custom Power Limit or conflicts with it somehow, got it 5% down since day 1, my card seems to boost like crazy when it's set to 100%.
    Probably need to do some performance tracing and see if that catches some more details.

Removed GFE since it still randomly messes with enabling DSR 2x on the global profile.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    I had to update cause of this. I installed the studio drivers although I doubt they are tested as they are released with the same day and even version as GRD.

Last I had to update cause the security fixes my laptop restarted upon waking up, I hope I will not get any issue now, so far after a day no issues.

Rich_Guy likes this.
  4. Erick

Erick Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    DirectStorage and DirectRDMA is a part of CUDA 11.4 in this driver. That is insane, but I haven't had any Windows 11 issues so far. I guess I'll just read everyone else's posts.

Does anyone know what's in WDDM 3.0?

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    never, you have zero understanding of what makes up the size of the driver.

Wrong, they went from LGS to Ghub and the only size difference is the fact that Ghub is an Electron downloader that takes up just as much space once finished.

Arguably, your card might have a fault since it should operate out of the box at the full clocks without any tweaking.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    GFE filters enabled? i believe thats a known issue.

7. NEP6XSBW

NEP6XSBW Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    That's Nvidia's GPUDirect Storage, which is only available on Linux. It's not Microsoft DirectStorage.

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Nope. No filters applied.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i see evidence of it affecting all cards posted to reddit with the 470 drivers.

10. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtrere 3080
    Since i've purchased 3080 in january, every GRD is sh#t for me, every Dev driver is absolute bliss and silk, how can i explain it, IDK honestly, maybe someone can?

11. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    I can explain it: placebo.

dr_rus and Dan Longman like this.
  12. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    Hmm this might become an issue if you use g-sync and an fps limiter (since its kinda of a requierment).Why mess with the fps limiter of all things.

13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    THIS. It's 2021 and we're still discussing this?!

KrueLLa likes this.
  14. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtrere 3080
    Yeah, because it's stutterfest for me on GRD and not any on Dev, on absolutely same machine and settings lol

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive not had any issues so far with these.

big ROBOT bill and KrueLLa like this.

16. Lupis

Lupis New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Wait... Just a moment... :E Not very long now...

But seriously - so many ppl waiting for really truly Stable Release of Nvidia drivers AND Stable Microsoft W10 build. Right now its like ppl with nvidia using W10 are in some weird pre-alpha experimental stage.
    Please! One stable slice time to time (1 for 6 months?) from their stream of buggy software...
    It really should look like - 1 fully stable working package of software for 6 months - tested by Microsoft AI by n-simulation of x-variations of typical hardware and WHQL drivers...
    Because right now they actually should pay ppl for using their time and hardware/software, like a test rats...
    How many times we had to reinstall W10?
    How many times we lost so much time, so many precious data, projects?
    Why we have to always pay for someone else greediness, laziness, corner cutting?
    Like had to go to the hospital and be treated not as the patient (aka customer to hospital crew by paying taxes/medical insurance) but as a test subject for some quite crazy medical students without any repercussions...
    It is NOT a PROGRESS, when we have a crazy psycho dancing of bugs dressed as features.
    Someone should sue them for that...

17. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    Nor me, I never have a problem

Rich_Guy likes this.
  18. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Member Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 3080
    Driver working great on win 11.
    No issues, I had a few moments on the .11 and .22 where I would get unexplainable framerate drops. But these are not happening on .41

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    This is an older notebook and I am not sure if we still have this in our labs. We may need additional information to investigate this. Can you first check Dell's website and see if your notebook BIOS is the latest? If not, proceed to update the BIOS first. Then try the latest driver again. If the issue persists, please do the following:
    1. With driver 471.41 reproduce the issue again. When you have reproduced the screen glitch, force a crash as described in the FAQ below. Once you are back in Windows, check if a crash dmp file was created. If you find the dmp file, upload it to a file sharing site and then email me a link to download the file to driverfeedback@nvidia.com.
      https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5149
    2. Also share a dispdiag file from your notebook as described in the FAQ above.
    3. Send us the Microsoft System Information file from your notebook as described in the FAQ below so that we can be sure to try to locate the exact model
      http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2507/

Thank you.

20. amr

amr New Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    this driver crash apex legends 1080ti and 1050ti back to 471.11