NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    I haven't played Warzone with this driver but with 471.11 was pretty good, if you have Stutters I suggest you to check the Texture resolution to be on normal or lower, modifying the adv_options/VideoMemoryScale set to 0.60 or so depending on your card, you can find that in Documents/Warzone

2. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Driver behaves fine on my system. Replaced the 465.89 with these. Those previous drivers were still thy fastest and smoothest for me. Now this one which performs similar in benches and games.

3. Aldek

Aldek Member

GPU:
    RTX2070 8GB
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ISLCw
    This used to help me with stutters in WZ.

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you by chance capture a couple of GPU traces, preferably of Sea of Thieves, one with an older driver that doesn't show this issue and one with driver 471.41 about 30 seconds in length as shown below?

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3507

I haven't noticed this behavior when I played SoT so it may be something specific to your configuration. We will need to the traces to look into it. When capturing the traces, try to make sure you are in the same location and doing the same task so that we can compare the drivers. Also make sure you are seeing the issue you reported with performance dipping. You can send the traces to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

Sajittarius likes this.

5. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Looks normal to me, the boost is based on TDP - Temperature and max fps.

What I suspect is that max boost, usually over 2GHz somehow clips into danger TDP area on some boards (common story on 3080 launch).
    It's either the gpu can't sustain that frequency and voltage stable or the bios has a lower TDP limit but high boost values set.
    I noticed on some similar models which had different TDP (ex 225W vs 250W) the freq/volt values and curve where exactly the same.

In other words, AIBs used the same boost values for cards that supported different TDP.
    Start fine tuning that (undervolt/limit power) or increase your max TDP (bios from the "better" model if supported) and the issue is solved.

Now, I'm not sure if the driver has any effect on these, I didn't bother that much to check since I undervolt/optimize everything.

6. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Wallpaper disappears whenever I change main monitors now since .22 [​IMG]

Does this weird thing where I have to draw a square over the desktop to get it back

Oh and guess what now its been 6 months and I still cant launch a game that doesnt start in 8K because it will crash the display.
    Still only solution is to disconnect the side monitor when launching the game. Tried to start Yakusa 0 and since it doesnt support 8k I cant play it because it crashes the display every time on launch. Seriously how long do I have to wait for a fix on this. Clearly despite the Leatherjacket Jensen saying 8K is great and supported during the 3000 launch was an afterthought just to even justify the 3090 but at least back it up with support !?

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Strange.. Windows update downloaded it but at the end of install, it would error out.
    Reformatted with 20H2, WU downloaded and installed the problematic one, then the 21H1 update popped up, installed and that was it.

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Does the audio cut out while you are playing a movie or game or after PC has been idle? Are you using all of the same settings for both driver 466.27 and 471.41? Can you email me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com with the following?

1. Screenshot showing your "Change resolution" panel from the NVIDIA Control Panel with the color settings displayed
    2. On your Windows keyboard, press the Windows key and the letter "R" at the same time to bring up the Run window. In the Open field, type:
    control mmsys.cpl sounds
    Then press the OK button. This will bring up the Windows Sound properties. Take a screenshot of the Playback tab. Send this as well.
    3. In your email also include steps to reproduce please.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can't fix it because its a game video memory leak.

They probably started using a sleep period in the framelimiter, like RTSS has done in 7.3.1+

1860mhz is one of but not the highest possible step in your cards boost table, so you need to keep in mind that it can always go higher than what you've seen previously.

The advertised boost rate is usually just under the center of the boost table. (+-1 or two steps)

Turing i believe has the same amount of boost steps as Pascal, which iirc is around 23 or steps but increments of 15 vs 13. Pascal is 22 steps of 12.6-12.7mhz vs Turings 23 of 15

SUPER EVO OC vs (FE)
    00: 1650 MHz (1650)
    (11:1815 - Advertised)
    12: 1830 - Advertised
    22: 1980
    23: 1995
    26: 2040 (potential max boost, nvidia never published the step count beyond kepler)

Asus may be using a longer boost table than FE so the advertised boost clock is at a different step.

vs pascal
    00: 1607 MHz
    10: 1733 - Advertised
    22: 1885

The GPU usually jumps directly to the max boost step at sufficient load and then starts winding back to the operational clock for that power/thermal algorithm.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Display driver has nothing to do with this, its a Windows multidisplay issue.

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Was this with your Asus RTX 2080 Super card?

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Did you only have this problem with R470 drivers?

13. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Qadro M400M
    Yes i have used the Quadro drives but i have test this (GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download (guru3d.com)) driver too. But this drives does not work. Because:

14. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    No audio through HDMI on some boot ups. Need to reboot if there is no audio. RTX 3090 FE to LG OLED48CX. Windows 11 latest dev build.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

16. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 New Member

GPU:
    Hello ManuelG,

Mail sent.

Thanks.

17. Birdy62

Birdy62 Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    I tried to reinstall the 471.41 drivers using DDU this time (i usually never use it when i install new drivers, only when i revert to an older one) and it seems to have cure my fps limiter problem..... No other problem to report at the moment...

Cave Waverider likes this.
  18. ibizadr

ibizadr Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    What stutters are you talking? I have some random stutter but I don't think it's driver related I think it's internet/lag. For me It only stutters for half a second and come back to life.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yes, that was with my 2080S, boost goes higher though (1980 MHz), linked video with performance counters below.
    Card is watercooled with a full cover EK Vector Strix block
    [​IMG]

On a side note, there is an issue with GFE that enables DSR x2 globally, not quite sure if and which profile that does it, maybe GRID (2019)?
    I didn't have it set to auto update profiles, but somehow it does something that enables DSR globally, had it happen a few times, EDO was the only game I played in between.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  20. DarkAvatar

DarkAvatar New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    I think you're experiencing the exact same issue that is turning me mad since a week ago (Windows 10 21H1 update).

I find the power of the GPU reaching and staying at its max after 9, sometimes 10 minutes of launching any 3D app that runs in borderless.
    The GPU load stays low, around the ~40%, but the power always stays at its max. It's similar to setting the power management to max performance.

Putting the game to background with the background FPS limited to 20 by drivers lowers the core Mhz from the max to around the half.
    I also noticed that it only happens with Windowed or Borderless games, real Full-Screen DX11 games doesn't trigger this, whatever it is.

My conclusion is that some periodic task of Windows is forcing the game to stay in background, or corrupting the memory, after ~10 minutes.
    After a week i tried everything, even a fresh install of Windows and several Nvidia drivers without success.
    I'm sure that is a communication issue between Windows and Nvidia due to some background Windows task.
    But no clue of which could be, or if Nvidia or Microsoft knows about this.

I'll really appreciate any advice or idea you guys can give, because i tried everything i can think of already.