NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti 11GB
    As someone who's very cautious as well, just a single or two reports of BSODs isn't something I'm too concerned with. I recently came across a thread for 471.11 where one or two BSOD were reported, and at that point I had been running the driver without problems for weeks.
    There was only one driver in recent months that I skipped because more than an overwhelming number of users reported BSODs and various other problems; that's when it's worth taking a second look or just skipping entirely.

2. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    This what you got from what I said. NVIDIA drivers are beta and not well tested drivers, they use us as a laboratory mouse.

I don't just trust some random guy, it is just I don't trust NVIDIA, they don't test their drivers, they post Beta release and wait for the feedback. that is why I always read the comments before I test a driver now.

And now, I will not test NVIDIA drivers anymore, I used to be the first the test a new driver, not anymore ...

I will stick the studio drivers or hotfixes as they have been tested by users ..

XantaX likes this.
  3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Elite Dangerous crashes when I run about on stations, did it two times in a row now, no issue in space, planets nor smaller setlement.
    Will try to disable MPO again and check if that stops it.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Bit odd that the event claims something is missing?
    Did a clean install via GFE which actually was quite fast and smooth...
    Code:
    The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\000000c3
    CMDre 00000003 000005c0 60000fff 00000004 00800000

The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

4. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Well I do agree with you but this is how it works.

Nvidia, AMD, Microsoft, Apple, Google all release updates etc and they're all in fact beta until they iron out all the custom issues.
    Considering the number of different system configurations, settings and software it would take them years to release a stable update, IF.
    There is also a number or apps/games/OS that run in parallel so they need to somehow sync with those releases too.

What it pisses me off sometimes and trust me I do show it even on this forum, is when common or easy to spot issues (by my judgement) are included in stable releases.

But if you don't want the trouble and hassle to "test" new driver then it's smart to wait for a few releases or even use an older stable version.
    Otherwise these kind posts here have no meaning, the very purpose of this thread is to test and share finding on this "beta" or not release :)

5. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I had something similar in Warcraft, froze and recovered.
    Turned out to be card boosting to 1950MHz instead of 1935MHz on a lower supplied voltage.
    Looks like whatever I set in afterburner the card almost always goes +15MHz higher (lower doesn't matter) and if I don't set a voltage stable for that frequency most likely results in a crash/recovery.

I just gave it a bit more voltage to avoid the situation, all stable since.

Mineria likes this.
  6. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    It is not meaningless, I am righting hopefully @ManuelG will read this and NVIDIA will start making Beta and Stable releases.

AMD does have beta releases, Microsoft does too, even Microsoft has beta and release preview before they release the final release.

NVIDIA should start making beta releases, lots of gamers will be very delighted to test them in their games.

But for me I use my Laptop for work, I need to see a stable release, not a beta release each time ....

7. pseudodeed

pseudodeed Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Qadro M400M
    Hello i have a white secree in windows and on windows logon after install this driver.
    If i install my old driver 466.77 i dont have any problems and i dont have the white screen problem. Have anyone similar problems?
    How can i fix this problem or is it a bug?
    Can anybody help me please?
    I have an dell notebook and have started the build in self test. That is testing all the hardeare and i dont have any hardware problems.
    I have with 471.XX many many many windows system errors in the windows log form system.

I have this problem with all 471.XX drives.
    All drives befor and 466.XX are working without errors.

My System:
    Windows 10 64 Bit
    GPU Nvidia Quadro M4000M (NVIDIA 970M)
    32 GB Ram
    CPU I7-4810MQ

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just tested it with the MPO disabled, no crash and fps was also slightly higher.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Did you download the one posted here on Guru3D?
    Think this is the one you should have downloaded instead:
    Graphics Driver - NVIDIA RTX / Quadro Desktop and Notebook Driver Release 470 | NVIDIA

10. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Interesting, so it's not only causing latency issues.
    I have it enabled on my setups as per default to see if anything, so far no troubles.

Mineria likes this.

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    From my experience, it's causing instability in various programs and also worse framerates in several games (especially older ones). I assumed it was related to the DPC latency issues, but I don't monitor that.

12. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    It does look like it.
    If I disable it with this driver I don't see any latency difference as per previous drivers but sure looks like it affects more than that.

13. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    471.41 - WINDOWS 7

Control Panel -> Help -> System Information -> [NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 8.1.940.0 has stopped working]

100% reproducible crash

14. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    no freaking way is there a 20+ FPS increase between driver iterations....!!! BAD ASS

GPU does seem to be running a higher clock speed as well in the newer driver update. Unless that was intentional and all.

15. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    Not here, perhaps you may need to DDU and reinstall them?

16. iccfish

iccfish New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX3090 24GB
    From 471.11 to 471.41 when desktop color mode set to 10bit I got stange screen flick issue in uwp apps on windows 11, especially in settings. Rollback to 469 does fix this.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    And you'd be wrong, when its 7 drivers in a row its the bloody system or its user

Thats never going to happen.

BSOD reports don't mean a driver isn't stable, it means the system encountered an issue that "MAY" be but likely isn't in the driver.

When you're a user who installs XMP profiled memory in a system thats rated at a much lower rate, or your config is ryzen based (and the entire platform has a history of issues) its far more likely to be a weakness in the actual machine.

You can't confidently claim that your machine is stable so long as XMP is in use, nor when its at stock where the bios/platform has certain by default configurations or tunings for boost operations that put it out of the cpu manufacturers spec (looking at you Asus).

Nor blame the driver when you've got third party vendor tools installed (and entirely forgotten about) that tend to load buggy kernel mode drivers that can corrupt the PFN list.

Mineria and Cave Waverider like this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It got discontinued and i was asked to stop sharing the exe file that made it simple to do XD

Thats normal, the message for LKE's is only available when the driver symbols are available, which nvidia doesn't do.

You forgot to mention the notebook model.

this is an issue going back to the first drivers that permitted overriding the desktop to 10bit

Don't do it.

It's an OS issue

DeskStar and Mineria like this.
  19. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    Any explanation as to why?You would think making the process more simple would be the better option for them and the ppl needing help.

20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Smoking hot driver for me :D

eGGroLLiO and DeskStar like this.