NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready for Red Dead Redemption 2
    This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the latest new titles and updates, including the latest game updates for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Chernobylite which introduce NVIDIA DLSS technology.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-471-41-whql-driver-download.html

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/471.41/471.41-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2021
  2. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Excited to see if this will bring any kind of improvement to RDR2's DLSS implementation.

DeskStar likes this.
  3. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Downloading..., hope its better than 471.11 that gave me artifacts in games :mad:, i will try and report back ;)

4. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Can't wait.

5. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Thx I had the DCH driver of this version now I have the standard :)

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Combine the test driver with KB5004296

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  7. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    The last time they released a "Game Ready" driver, it wasn't actually ready and needed a hotfix :D

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Which games? Was it the same kind of stuff I was experiencing in The Division 2? checkered blocks, flashing/coloured textures?

9. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 Member

GPU:
    Audio cuts with my amplifier and OLED CX always there TSSSSS

Black screen but sound when I play an HDR movie in 10 bits mode.

--> Going back to 466.27

10. balthier

balthier Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 RTX
    Windows 10 Issues:
    DPC latency is higher when color mode is set to 8-bit color compared to 10-bit color. [3316424]

11. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I noticed artifacts in pes 2021, wich is weird because i never had such thing in pes 2021 even with the worst drivers, and then in some other games like sniper contract 2, but nothing that you mentioned, for me it was lines artifacts, when reverted to 466.77, i played hours and hours sometimes in some games with max settings and all was ok.

12. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    LOL, I wait first for the hotfix over 2 days...or something, or a Major update LOL

13. herefordrivers

herefordrivers Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    Does anyone else have issues with vulkan in these 471 drivers? GPU clock constantly fluctuates and it creates stuttering. No problem with 466 drivers. I've tried changing power management settings, but it doesn't help anything.

GTX 1070, Windows 10 21H1 up to date

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This driver doesn't include the fix from the Test driver, further testing demonstrated there was still a few edge cases to iron out.

Sajittarius likes this.
  15. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I may have asked this before but do you get this when you connect your GPU directly to the TV and run the audio from the TV speakers?

16. ValSidalv21

ValSidalv21 Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090 TUF OC
    Well, I got this soon after updating to this driver...

Bug Check 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE
    The VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE bug check has a value of 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

The way it happened was I read Bedouille69 comment about "Black screen but sound when I play an HDR movie in 10 bits mode." and decided to test it by playing a HDR movie. All was fine with HDR playback so I went on and checked if I got KB5004296 installed that is suppose to help with the MPO 8-bit latency issue. I did not have so I opened Edge and googled for it. That's when I got a black screen and the PC restarted. So I'm guessing it was ether the HDR or Edge that triggered it.

17. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I'll do some RDR2 benches later to see if there is any improvement but for now it's just too freakin hot here in the UK, i'm afraid my system might start to throttle because my house feels like it's 40C.

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    almost 13fps up from last driver in RDR2 DLSS quality mode @ 4k ultra

macle0d, Maddness and tunejunky like this.
  19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are making further improvements to this fix. Hopefully we will have the fix in the next driver release.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    With these 471.41 drivers, just like the 471.22 Hotfix, performance in several games tanks when many particles are on the screen at once (Sea of Thieves when firing cannons, WWE 2k19 when there are intense pyros going off, Star Wars Galaxies when lots of particles are on screen, Star Trek Online with lots of particle effects, etc.). 471.11 and earlier drivers don't have this problem.
    Did you use DDU to completely remove the test driver before installing the new one or did you install the new one right over the test driver? If it's the latter, it may have carried over from the test driver.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    -Tj- likes this.