NVIDIA GeForce 471.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 22, 2021.

1. DanielRX

DanielRX Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega56/GTX1070
    471.11 working fine here.

Attached Files:

2. NoLikes

NoLikes New Member

GPU:
    980TI
    Unless those changes broke the installation, you can probably install over your current version any compatible windows 10 in few minute directly by the OS by selecting to keep your file, applications and settings trough the installer.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  3. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    These drivers are stable thus far. Desktop looks great and I played several rounds of Street Fighter V, Soul Calibur 6 and Guilty Gear Strive. Everything went smooth without a hitch. Horizon Zero Dawn, Cyberpunk, Days Gone and Forza run pretty much the same. My TV is not sporadically dimming as often. In regards to image quality I do notice the Ambient Occlusion is executed a tad nicer with some titles. 3d Mark scores fluctuate as always.

My concerns are really more game update related than the video driver. The stutters during the cutscenes in Forza are annoying. Guilty Gear Strive has stutters and pauses when played in 4k on PC. Fixes are coming soon.

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  4. herefordrivers

herefordrivers Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    I have an issue with this driver and Red Dead Redemption 2 in vulkan. My GTX 1070's GPU clock speed continually fluctuates (ex:~800-1900MHz) which causes constant stuttering. This doesn't happen with previous drivers or when using DirectX 12. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    use adaptive performance instead of optimal

6. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Is it also a thing on Turing? Asking out of curiosity... :)

7. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    For some reason loading up Warzone and the filters have stopped working with Geforce Experience, just says error please restart your game to use this function or something. Frustrated I went back to the 457.51's and I can now use Sharpen Filters in the Nvidia Control Panel without GE again, as it isn't black listed in the drivers!

8. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Adaptive that doesn't exist in your nvidia control panel (they thought it was smart to remove it and rename the power saving one to ... Optimal ...).

You have to use nvidia profile inspector in order to enable it.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it exists for pascal and turing.

tty8k likes this.
  10. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Hmm ok.
    Any idea why they remove it for 3k ?

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    none at all

12. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    I'm wondering if this is the cause for my overal general erratic frametime I've been having on my 3080 466.11/1440p (seems to be better on 1080p and disabling CFG also helped)

Is this just for ppl who have a multi monitor setup/play not in fullscreen?Because I only have 1 monitor and pay in fullscreen and still kinda have erratic frametime on some games.

Last cumulative I downloaded was KB5003637

13. Probotector

Probotector Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 290 @ 1100/1400
    Internal video scheduler BSOD when I load an RPCS3 emulator game, or emulator freezes, everything works PERFECT on older drivers, I use a SLI GTX 1070.

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Driver running great all around since release. :D:D:D
    Only thing, nvcpl fps limiter works better than RTSS with these.Some areas playing GTA 5, where cpu load gets heavy, are a lot smoother using nv fps limiter.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    found your problem

disable the sleep period in rtss settings and they are the same.

16. Ohmer

Ohmer Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    What is/where is this "sleep period" setting of which you speak? Can't seem to find it. Using RTSS 7.3.2 Beta 2.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    PassiveWaitThreshold = 90 (the value is a percentage with higher values sleeping longer)

0 to turn it off.

Dragondale13 likes this.
  18. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    It is not his problem, it is NVIDIA's problem ...

I bought my laptop for more than 5000$ just because it has 2 nvidia 1080 which was so expensive at the time just to use SLI, and it turns out SLI causes lots of issues,

I am currently using the Studio Driver as NVIDIA claims it is more stable and tested well, currently I have disabled SLI just because I can't afford more BSOD or sudden restarts.

Strange thing, people in this forum call me a troll or found it funny when I had BSOD, I would call these people sadists.

@ManuelG I hope that NVIDIA will make stable releases for those who use thie PC for work, and Beta releases for gamer and new features enthusiasts. Some people, like my self, use their PC to do project and work on it, we can't afford BSOD. I really hope that u don't find it funny like some in here.

Currently using studio driver, will continue using it until hopefully you start making beta and stable releases.

Thanks,

Probotector likes this.
  19. katari1977

katari1977 New Member

GPU:
  20. Ohmer

Ohmer Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    Perhaps I'm blind, but that setting isn't present in the Setup UI, in either the Global or Config files, or in any other .cfg file in my RTSS Installation folders.
    Does that mean it's "off" by default? :confused: