NVIDIA GeForce 471.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 22, 2021.

1. tty8k

tty8k Maha Guru

GPU:
    3070 / 6900xt
    No luck, adaptive works exactly the same as optimal in desktop apps :(
    Might be different in games but that's not what I'm aiming for.

Basically I'm forced to use max performance if I want everything snappy in everything other than games.

2. Granacks

Granacks New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 TI EX 8GB
    Have you disabled the MPO? For me it was very uncomfortable to use my PC in recent months and it was the MPO that made things strange here, it was a sensation of skipping frames in the image displayed on my monitor (I can't explain it in another way, but it was uncomfortable), forcing Global v-sync and maximum performance was a way I had found to alleviate the issue before disabling the MPO which was the solution.

3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Gonna give these a go, currently on latest dev driver which i've become a fan of, tho i bet a new dev driver will release tomorrow.:D

edit
    Waw a lot better than driver i had before.
    desktop looks and feels great.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Reinstalled the driver three times actually.
    But I haven't compared it to the previous version, only to my benchmarks from early May. So it may not be the driver issue. Just saying that I see performance regression in two titles, at about -10 to -15%.

5. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Interesting that the June Studio Driver is 471.11 as well.

6. tty8k

tty8k Maha Guru

GPU:
    3070 / 6900xt
    Ah ya, MPO is disabled of course, I know it makes a difference.
    It's just the clocks that are too low really, most of the time idle even if I work on graphics or video.

Now I'm not sure how nvidia adjust those maybe they're made to pass some old QA standards but these days working in 4k or with adobe suite that benefits from video card, you can really tell the difference from card sitting at 200/400 and higher.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just finished a set of benchmarks with ffxiv / 3dmark / , its within the margin of error for changes here, could be application/architecture specific, or a common tool misbehaving on the new driver.

8. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Whoops, turn off Nvidia GPU under Miscellaneous settings and it seems to have fixed it. Strange that this worked fine in the previous drivers. Thanks :)

@ManuelG apologies about the confusion

9. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Drivers DVD movie size

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I have a 1440p dispay. I play some modern games at 1080p because i want high FPS and my GPU is not very powerful. When upscaling 1080p to 1440p, you get blur. You can mitigate the blur with sharpening to make the 1080p->1440p upscale look more like native 1080p.

11. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    If you enable Sharpening under Global Settings is there any way to prevent it from being applied to the Windows start menu, some of the icons and live tiles start to look all fuzzy. I remember when this first appeared in the drivers, it never affected the desktop only games.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    While I have not tried it, there are many profiles for various window components, so just try and see how disabling each aspect of windows modules works.

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Why would you ever do that? :eek:

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It is now 2021 and I would be most impressed if you had a time machine to the past where your warehouse sized ENIAC may actually make this a problem.

15. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    As a test to see how it would work. or in this case not work.

16. tty8k

tty8k Maha Guru

GPU:
    3070 / 6900xt
    It's actually a CD size not DVD.
    But ya, 1000 Amiga Floppy disks, here is your monthly driver sir, in the mail :)

17. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080
    I think you actually meant downscaling from 1440 to 1080. If you upscaled from 1080 to 1440 you would actually increase image definition and therefore sharpness, at least as far as I always understood it.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    When you run a game at a lower resolution than your display's native resolution (like playing at 1080p on a 1440p monitor,) it needs to be upscaled. When you run a game at a higher resolution that native (like playing at 4K on a 1440p display using nvidia DSR or AMD VSR,) it needs to be downscaled.

When downscaling, you don't lose sharpness and thus you don't need a sharpening filter. When upscaling however, the upscaling algorithm of your GPU (when using GPU scaling) or your monitor (when using display scaling) will blur the image.

19. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    1080 to 1440 upscaling means that you render the game at 1080 (an easier job for the GPU) and then transforms that 1080 image to a 1440 image with an upscaling method. Since the initial image is at 1080, the resulting 1440 image, larger, is stretched and blurred.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've said MEEE and WDL for a reason. All other benchmarks are fine.
    Eh I'll downgrade and check them on the previous driver today.