NVIDIA Geforce 460.89 Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Dec 15, 2020.

1. gadmin

gadmin Active Member

GPU:
    Palit 1080ti GRock
    Nvidia high priority task is to force 1080ti users to buy a new generation card....

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nothing changed regarding D3D from 460.79, so i bet this issue exists in that too.

3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I wish i could out of stock everywhere its still on pre-order lol.
    Hopefully i get my 3080 next year if not then i might get the ti version lol.

4. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC
    With an i7 6700K and Asus Strix 1070Ti these drivers in Cyberpunk eat 2-3Fps so I go back to 460.79

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    these drivers have absolutely no changes to any code that would affect Cyberpunk.

Period.

DanielRX likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Nvidia are perfectly capable of pushing changes in through the back door, period.
    Otherwise what's the use of a driver discussion thread?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    what the fornication are you on about?

There are 2 code checkins for this driver as indicated by the branch info, neither of them change anything that would make CP2077 slower, crash, generate artifacts or otherwise.

Period.

Users are literally experiencing installation issues, didn't reboot after having god knows what left open during the installation or experienced cosmic rays.

After having seen users claim that studio driver xxx.xx is more stable than grd with the same number, i now realise most pc users are absolutely out of their depth though.....

There is absolutely no possibility what so ever that this driver introduced new issues for CP2077 over 460.79.

DanielRX likes this.
  8. ShinobiJedi

ShinobiJedi New Member

GPU:
    Titan X Pascal
    So am I the only one that got a 15-20fps increase in Cyberpunk with these drivers? They’re now allowing me to play either at 2560x1440p avg 45fps or avg 65-70fps @ 1080p with everything turned up besides RT and DLSS on a Titan X Pascal? On the old drivers, 2560x1440p was barely playable at an Avg of 28fps.

The performance increase was so good it made me wonder if Nvidia did some unannounced game optimization with the drivers to take the heat off of CD Projekt’s buggy release debacle. :D

Running it with an old I7-6900K and 16gb of 3200 DDR4 fwiw

9. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC
    ¿Quiénes de los que dicen que no lo han comprobado y cómo? Lo he estado monitoreando desde que comenzó y en la misma ubicación que guardó el juego, se reanudó con los nuevos controladores y la caída de 2 - 3 Fps fue clara y no pudo traer la estabilidad que tenía anteriormente con 460.79. Ambos controladores se han instalado con DDU y los únicos procesos ejecutados fuera de Windows 10 son MSI Afterburner, HardwareInfo, GOG Galaxy y Cyberpunk 2077. Todos con la PC recién encendida.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Absolutely since it didn't have any changes :D

GFE's optimization recommendations might have changed to recommending fidelity fx though.

11. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC
    Pd. I7 6700K
    Asus Strix 1070Ti OC
    M.2 Samsung 1Tb Pro
    32 Gb 3200 cl 14

12. ShinobiJedi

ShinobiJedi New Member

GPU:
    Titan X Pascal
    You mean it didn’t have any changes for you.

I don’t use GFE and had no other system changes or software updates; so how do you explain going from 28fps to 45fps at 1440p with the same settings on the same level and the only difference is the driver change?

How do you explain the fps increase then? Sincerely asking. Always down to learn something new.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, it didn't have any changes in the driver code. The changes to nvoglv32 and 64 are the only difference between the 2 packages, apart from the mx450 being added to listdevices.txt

Also a friend of mine suddenly started getting performance improvements today without having updated the driver at all....... :cool: (we were looking all morning for the reason behind that)

its almost like the game got an update without a version increment?

ShinobiJedi likes this.
  14. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    terrible driver...

15. ShinobiJedi

ShinobiJedi New Member

GPU:
    Titan X Pascal
    Thank you for the explanation! That makes sense!

16. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Cool story, bro.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I did say almost like, I don't think it did, there might be something else a foot (a gog update perhaps?)

Discord has also updated too (and she was using discord streaming which was causing a small performance hit.

We're still looking into what it possibly was,

But hey, if you're not already check the performanceoverhaul pack on github, theres a setting now to turn off async compute which will improve performance a bit on pascal.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Warzone stutters a lot in 4K with high textures, 3080 10G isn't enough. Release the 3080Ti 20G already.

19. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Member

GPU:
    3080 Gaming OC
    Those of you that have Performance Issues, do you use GeForce Experience Overlay? If you do, please try to disable Overlay. I have also had some strange Performance drops, but disabling the overlay helped me.

I can't remember that I had this on the previous 460.79 - but I might be wrong. There might also have been other Driver or Windows Updates in the Background that could have done this change.

20. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Tried playing Hellblade with these. Crashed after abut 10 minutes. I don't think that game has ever crashed on me before in about 4 plays through. Not sure if random fluke or actual problem yet.