NVIDIA Geforce 460.79 Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2020.

1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080

Download: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-460-79-whql-driver-download.html

Game Ready for Cyberpunk 2077

This new Game Ready Driver provides the ultimate gaming experience for Cyberpunk 2077. In addition, this driver provides optimal day-1 support for the official launch of Minecraft with RTX for Windows 10.

New Features and Other Changes - NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Added Background Application Max Frame Rate control (Manage 3D Settings page)
    • Added Color Accuracy Mode feature (Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings page)
    Fixed Issues in this Release
    • [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. [2781776]
    • When setting the refresh rate higher than 100Hz, the color format switches from RGB to ycbcr422. [3053990]
    • [GeForce RTX 3090][SLI][G-SYNC]: When G-SYNC is enabled in SLI surround (3x monitors), the system locks up when launching a game. [3167493]
    • [GeForce RTX 3-series]: NvAPI_GPU_GetGPUInfo() returns an incorrect number of GPU Tensor Cores. [3140329]
    • [MPC-HC]: The video player crashes when playing 1088 pixel-width videos. [3148082]
    • [5k display]: When the display is set to 5k resolution, you cannot set the color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel > Change resolution page. Either the controls are greyed out or they revert to the default after applying any change. [200630939/3182567].
    Windows 10 Issues
    • [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. [3152190]
    • [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. [200667566]
    • [Freestyle][Vulkan apps]: With the freestyle filters applied, a blue-screen crash occurs when pressing [Alt+Tab] while running Vulkan applications. [200667477]
    Gaming Technology
    Includes support for the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GPU

Software Module Versions
    • nView - 201.18
    • HD Audio Driver - 1.3.38.40
    • NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.19.0218
    • GeForce Experience - 3.20.5.70
    • CUDA - 11.1
    • DCH NVIDIA Control Panel - 8.1.959.0

geko95gek, toyo, Vidik and 7 others like this.
  2. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    No resize BAR support in this driver

Attached Files:

hiritsuki and caleb59 like this.
  3. hiritsuki

hiritsuki Member

GPU:
    RTX3090
    yes it's no support

[​IMG]

caleb59 and JonasBeckman like this.
  4. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Isn't Nvidia marketing working?
    Usually, they advertise xx% performance improvement in xxx game which in this case Cyberpunk 2077. They're awfully quiet. :p

hiritsuki likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yeah, i don't think it will be ready till 465/next year.

Change the [.youtube] to (youtube) like so

• (YouTube): Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
    • [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]
    • [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from
    • full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. [200681477]
      • To workaround, either launch the game in windowed mode directly or disable G-SYNC.
    • [GeForce RTX 3070][Clone Mode]: When the resolution is set to 2560x1440 @ 144Hz, the performance state is stuck at maximum performance. [200678414]
    • [NVIDIA Turing or later][Windows Movies and TV Player]: When playing a 4k video in full-
    • screen mode on a 2560x1440 HDR monitor, the video extends beyond the edge of the screen.[3186830]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  6. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Oh well, got to admit I was getting hyped by this arriving in the driver today, I guess it needs more refinement so that's fine :)

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This driver should make a fair few dx12 games get higher low and and average fps though even without Resizeable Bar support, won't be amazing changes except in some specific scenario's but you should notice them (especially in forza), especially if you're running a 3 or 5k cpu with an ampere video card.

8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Colors seem to be popping a tiny bit more than previously, anyone else?

9. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Good to know thanks, are there similar increases for DX11 or just DX12 specific?

As you may or may not be able to tell from my avatar that I'm into flight sims, notably DCS World - any increases are welcomed :)

10. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Is there a chance for this YouTube lag to be fixed? It has been almost two months, and it still hasn't been fixed :(

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No idea sorry :(, dx12 performance issues and visual bugs has been the main focus of the changes im aware of.
    but for the ryzen issues with ampere, they were across all api's and certain games were affected more than others.

Isn't it only occuring when you scroll while playing the video? that mini youtube player is a chrome specific monstrosity.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Could please somebody tell me what the color accuracy mode does? Is that smth for tvs?

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone install the USBC driver ?

As just popped these on, and done the usual, custom install, untick the HDMI driver, then install, but i noticed, that where it says what version of drivers are in the new version, and what version you have on, for the USBC one, it said for my version, None, but i installed anyway, so will i get any probs ?

Ive probably installed it before anyway, as the only one i untick when i put new drivers on, is the HDMI driver, as that keeps switching my sound over from my speakers, but then again, it said i had None for the USBC on, so pass :p

EDIT: Cards the MSi 2070 Super Gaming X-Trio , which doesn't have USBC.

Checked the Device Manager, and i have got Nvidias listed under the USB controllers, NVIDIA USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft), when i right click Props, its dated 16/11/20, and Providers Microsoft.

Also got the NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller, which is dated 20/09/2020, and Providers Nvidia.

When i go into the CP, Programs and Features, Its got the Nvidia USBC listed there, and dated today for when it was installed.

I spose it wont matter, if my card hasn't got the USBC on it, so driver shouldn't do owt :D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  14. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Well... I don't use this "mini youtube" player. It does stutter when you scroll down the page, no matter the browser. It just makes me angry whenever I try to scroll down the page. It can also CTD my browser sometimes.

Kosmoz likes this.
  15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    So uhm, two new features and zero info on what they do?
    > Background Application Max Frame Rate
    I guess this drops FPS in games when you alt-tab from them? But most games already throttle by default. I suppose it's useful for borderless and such then?
    > Color Accuracy Mode
    So what's this then?

Gandul likes this.

16. Mbi2011

Mbi2011 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Has anyone noticed flickering on the pages (in the lower part mostly) in Chrome with this driver?

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I run my display through my cards USB-c port, no need for nvidia usbc driver for it to work though.

Rich_Guy likes this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Umm that's nothing to do with the new color thingy.

19. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    [​IMG]
    @DannyD ninjas of the guru3d eh?

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So this is the magic driver for RTX 30XX series? Nice!