NVIDIA GeForce 451.67 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SyntaX, Jul 9, 2020.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I must say again that these drivers are great! Overall visual quality in games and media just looks better than ever!

thumbsup.gif

Sajittarius and Terepin like this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    what games exactly are you claiming that off?

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Red Dead 2, GTA Online, AC Odyssey, Max Payne 3, Mad Max, and watching Mad Max Fury Road, The Road Warrior on Amazon video. Everything just looks great, I can't complain at all.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    :cool: well i won't crap on your parade lol, idk why there'd be visual improvements though.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The only thing I can believe is what my eyes are showing me. ;) I'll give you an example. In GTA Online one of the Bunker sale missions is driving a monster truck up in the mountains making 5 deliveries. Done this mission dozens of times, yet earlier today after installing these drivers the detail on the tires immediately popped out to me. The water reflection on the rubber of the tires is something I've never seen before, and I have over 2000 hours in the game. Again, I'm not a software guy so I can only believe what I'm seeing after much analyzing. I did recently upgrade my monitor so maybe that's it, but I've used two different sets of drivers with this monitor so... I don't know.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Got a confirmation that the Forza Motor Sport 7 profile i posted earlier fixes both the performance drop and the glitching textures.

RodroG, Mineria and Pr3t3nd3r like this.
  7. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Rdr2 benchmark with hags off

451.48..... .451.67........451.67 w HAGS on
    Min 24.07...Min 19.63... Min 22.13
    Max 108.07. Max 116.01.Max 104.81
    Avg 46.21... Avg 47.09... Avg 47.54

I’m getting lower minimum and high max. I’m going to try HAGS on and see if I’m getting that strange choppy performance after playing 30-40 minutes.

8. Initial Thoughts on Hardware Scheduling
    Source - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gpu-hardware-scheduling-tested

"What to make of all of this, then? Nvidia now supports a feature that can potentially improve its performance in some games. Except, it seems just as likely to hurt performance as well. This is a new API and driver feature, however, so perhaps it will prove more beneficial over time. Or perhaps I should have dug out a slower CPU or disabled some cores and threads. I'll leave that testing for someone else for now."

"At present, across five tested games using multiple APIs, on average (looking at all nine or ten tests), the change in performance is basically nothing. The 9900K with RTX 2080 Ti performance is 0.03% slower, and the GTX 1050 with the 9900K performed 0.73% slower. The 3900X with RTX 2080 Ti did benefit, but only to the tune of 0.06%. In other words, the one or two cases where performance did improve are cancelled out by performance losses in other games."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2020
    intellimoo likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Seems to follow what Microsoft posted in their blog on how developers have ways to work around or mask the scheduler doing things so overall performance is unlikely to differ much if at all and with what Astyanax posted above and existing tests showing compatibility problems it still needs more work possibly both the driver and OS implementation though going by what Microsoft and also AMD and NVIDIA have said about the feature this is just a start for future improvements. :)

Big current downside being that it needs a reboot between toggling it on and off but maybe that is something that can be changed in a later Windows 10 build with additional driver model and kernel changes.

EDIT: It's nice to see more articles and tests on it though even if it mostly just confirms the existing info on how this works and that it's currently not a immediate change up in terms of performance and I assume also latency and input delay or frame time consistency as developers have gotten good at working with the prior model and minimizing such issues.

Well mostly at least, there's going to be some variance depending on the game or app and possibly the hardware as well.
    (Sort-of, probably wouldn't usually pair the higher-end modern GPU's this is actually supported on with a very out of date CPU or other system components though it happens.)

RodroG likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres alot of unstated variables involved and if the blogs anything to go by, its not even in its final form.

RodroG likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I'm not all that good at these things but I see it as a foundation and initial support for things to come and what the advantages this brings can be used for later on once the immediate compatibility concerns and support in the display drivers have been worked out, going to be a long term thing that sees gradual improvements probably a lot under the hood so to say through a number of new OS builds and then how the driver support side changes and what it will result in from all of this. :)

RodroG likes this.
  12. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    i will test

FM7_inspector.JPG

Update: The bugs are fixed with Astyanax Profile ( stuttering and Graphic anomalies/glitches/flickering )

for everyone else that want to try out: u need to use nvidiaProfileInspector

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    RodroG and Mineria like this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    RodroG, Mineria and GiveMe like this.
  14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Working fine for me in D2.

-Tj- likes this.
  15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Just to add to this, there’s also a dynamic resolution scaling mode with 3 levels of aggressiveness and preset target frame rates which works nicely. You can also set the percentage the resolution lowers by.

16. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    :cool:
    2 for 2 fixes.

Nvidia has a couple of dx12 optimizations that they introduced, the first seems to be the source of texture glitching in Forza, flickering in Resident evil and wow.

They fixed RE engine in r451, but some cards are still coming up bad when the optimizations are applied to WoW and Forza, there might be a float precision issue on some cards, i know Turing and Volta both have a particular float concern when certain math is used.

The second one was for forza games, that profile bit i gave in the thread turns that back off for FM7 and the framerate should stay fine now.

18. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Had HAGS enabled since release of this driver but got another BSOD similar to all other drivers that support HAGS, can't find a way to reproduce it unfortunately.
    Leaving HAGS off for now until the new drivers arrive with some HAGS fixes.

19. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    are you sure that's related to HAGS and not a random Bluescreen?
    also Upload your dump file

20. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I concur! I can even play games in HDR on my SDR monitor!

Sajittarius likes this.