NVIDIA GeForce 451.48 WHQL Drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 24, 2020.

1. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    dota 2 crashes with hags on and i even got a bluescreen, disabled it and everything is fine no crash at all.

2. bizdatech

bizdatech New Member

this driver look bad on my system.

i5-9600k
    predator hyper x ram 3200
    2800 super msi
    z390 gaming board.

mild OC.

last time keep facing game stutter on COD.

try to solve many many problem . like try to make my system cooler, fresh install my os 3 times.

try to minimize all the start up program, change new PSU tot is PSU problem as well.

still game stutter.

this driver is the worst get 1 sec++ stutter.. .

previous driver is the best micro stutter only, sometimes dont even stutt.

game setting set 95% all ultra high. if lower the graphic of cuz it solved.

so now i move back old driver.

3. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    There were two ways I got HDR to display correctly with Windows HDR on and off (SDR mode) when using MPC-BE. I don't particularly fancy rolling back drivers so will wait till Mad updates MadVR.

Windows HDR ON.
    Displays HDR content correctly.

Windows HDR OFF
    Play the video, after it display switches, close the video from file menu (do not exit MPC-BE) and then play. That temporary solution works for me.

4. Dion

Dion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    Drivers cause Adobe Photoshop CS6 to freeze and lock up and crash the program. Reverting to 446.14 and CS6 is fine..

5. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    Driver is no good for Forza Motorsport 7 and exhibits the same performance degradation as Forza Horizon 3 (still not fixed for Turing). I don't know why Nvidia struggles so much with the Forza games but it's maddening.

edit

HAGS on or off, no difference.

Pr3t3nd3r likes this.
  6. deathnite

deathnite Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
    The GTX 1060 I got back in 2016 has been a great value. We later got support for FreeSync monitors, software Ray Tracing and now Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Can even play 8K 60 fps videos without issues, even though I have a very old CPU. It's amazing how a new GPU can breath new life into an old PC. Can't wait to see what RTX 3060 will bring, this should be a worthy upgrade.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Xtreme512, k3lt and RobinTR like this.
  7. k3lt

k3lt Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB
    I agree, and for 1080p gaming it's still powerhouse.

8. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    Yeah, it's a stuttering mess with this driver. I mean wtf are they doing except adding more bugs and breaking things? Once upon the time, Nvidia was a showmaker with drivers but they are a showbreaker with those alpha drivers.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    DirectX 12 and at worst it's a issue on the developers end for something the newer drivers improved or fixed now exhibiting issues instead or the game has some compatibility flag in place that is now hampering things instead.
    Developer support and letting them control these things will have drawbacks I assume when support ends and existing issues go unfixed. If there's less that AMD or NVIDIA can do but more that can break this is going to be a recurring issues until API usage and implementation matures which usually takes years.
    (Going back a bit for new features and additions until these become familiar for developers to utilize.)

There's been D3D12 and Vulkan fixes from both AMD and NVIDIA though so they can still plug issues or work around stuff but some of it takes time and likely ideally requires the actual game developers to co-work on fixing things on their end too.

EDIT: Someone with better insight here might be able to give a better answer, I see the low level API focus and developers given more control as a good thing but a long term one with several drawbacks in the meantime once support ends and issues go unfixed or focus lies on the next game or something else and support drops to basic maintenance at best.

If there's less that AMD/NVIDIA or also Intel can do in these situations these sort of situations and problems are going to be tough to resolve although the situation now is hopefully better than the first two - three years with DirectX 12 and Vulkan support and problems both driver and game/application side of things initially.
    (Sensitivity to other programs and methods of hooking these API's and much more could also be a issue.)

EDIT: Bah I suck at examples and all that so just doing it the easy way. :D

There's still games coming out using DirectX 11 in invalid ways and all sorts of issues and inconsistencies and problems, at least there's more of a thing the drivers can work with here but the API's been out for years and even bigger profile games from larger studios seemingly run into issues or there's less priority or testing or even effort on the PC port whatever the case is.

I expect DirectX 12 and Vulkan to have a long tough time ahead especially with all the fun things coming now with the new console generation and 12_2 or Ultimate and Vulkan whatever will be coming in 1.2 and newer. :)

Or this is nothing at all and it is the drivers that broke something and it just hasn't been investigated and resolved yet as other issues get prioritized and are more important in the immediate time frame. I wouldn't know that information though.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  10. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2060 6Gb
    I realize this is a bit different but it came to my mind when I read this: Pillars of Eternity (fully patched first game) doesn't have real full-screen mode with the default d3d9 renderer (only with opengl but that one has it's own issues). The G-Sync indicator says ON, yet the otherwise smooth scrolling of the map obviously stutters if apply an fps capped below the refresh rate (for example, 58fps for 60Hz). LLM Ultra also doesn't apply it's auto-cap to this game in this fake-fullscreen (borderless) mode. Is this common to windowed (both borderless or smaller windows with borders) d3d9 games or specific to this range of Unity based games? Is this a G-Sync bug or the expected behavior? It was the same on Win10 1909 as it is with 20H1. Is windowed G-Sync still supposed to work on latest Win10 versions?

11. XantaX

XantaX Member

GPU:
    GTX1660 Super OC
    I only get a black screen when i turn off my pc ,LOL ;)

12. mcplaza

mcplaza New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 OC
    Using the 446.14 (and earlier ones) I had this problem with Chrome when Youtube was opened, not playing just opened. Later Chrome start getting black screen and it was necessary to turn hardware acceleration off and reinstall Chrome to enable hw accel again. Games crashed to Desktop, and sometimes the system froze, forcing a power off.
    About the black screen during game play, I suspect the engine is crashing due to overclock. If it is the case try to aliviate some settings.
    Check my video with settings and tests with 5 games.

MCP

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  13. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Hi guys, I think this driver is promising, but this version is not yet well optimized.
    Follow my tests, with eng subs for you!

RodroG, CapKrunch, Haki and 2 others like this.
  14. wanderjahr

wanderjahr New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8GB
    I'm using a i7-930! But hey, I can play Metro Exodus and Monster Hunter World max settings at 60fps so I'm still hanging on!!

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Got the same problem and it's very easy to replicate (tried this with both Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Chromium)).
    1. Open Chrome and make sure HW acceleration is disabled
    2. Go to any page that needs scrolling (this forum for example) and make sure the window is at full monitor height
    3. Hold the middle mouse button and drag the mouse down slowly
    4. As the contents start scrolling sections of the window stutter and one can see a "line" in the middle-ish of the screen like tearing when V-sync is disable in games. In Edge this "line" is way more visible than in Chrome who rather has stuttering "sections" of the window that change from top to bottom depending on how the scrolling is done.
    5. Now enable HW acceleration, restart the browser, go to the same page and scroll up/down like before - problem gone.

I'll report this using the link you've provided earlier.

Terepin likes this.

16. mcplaza

mcplaza New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 OC
    Tested some games with a GTX 1660 OC non-super non-TI.
    Check here:
    MCP

17. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    I had a chance to play rd2 twice this weekend, after an hour in both times I experienced a studded/jitter when turning or panning in game. It’s not picking up in afterburner as a memory leak and the FPS seem to be fine. I’m playing with hdr and hags enabled, only a restart fixes it. This did not happen in the previous driver so I’m going to turn off hags and see if it still happens.

18. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    I got around to trying this driver with my 1080ti and Forza Motorsport 7 runs fine with it so, like Forza Horizon 3, the stuttering seems to be a Turing issue.

19. Ntavanos

Ntavanos New Member

GPU:
    MSI R5770 HAWK 1Gb
    Hello everyone!after the update i experience weird artifacts on screen wake up!1660ti mobile here..happened to anyone?

20. Viscerous

Viscerous Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 2080 SUPER
    Well, I'm stumped. OC or no OC, doesn't seem to matter. I've been running through 'Shades of Color' as a testcase since it seems one of the heaviest in the game. Sometimes it locks up within seconds, sometimes I can run around it for a fairly long time. I just tried 'A New Home', the first long Kara one, and I ran through that from beginning to end with optional objectives with no issues along with my OC on.