NVIDIA GeForce 446.14 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kx11, May 27, 2020.

1. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Here's the full list of things that are still broken in new Windows 10 May Update:
    • Difficulty connecting to more than one Bluetooth device
      Windows 10 devices with certain Realtek drivers might be unable to connect to more than one Bluetooth device.
    • Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers
      Devices with affected Conexant ISST audio drivers might receive an error or have issues with Windows 10, version 2004.
    • Errors or issues during or after updating devices with certain Conexant audio drivers
      Devices with affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers might receive a stop error with a blue screen.
    • Issues using ImeMode property to control IME mode for individual text entry fields
      Some IMEs for certain langauges might have issues using the ImeMode property with certain apps.
    • Variable refresh rate not working as expected on devices with Intel iGPU
      Enabling VRR on affected devices will not enable the VRR for most games, especially games using Direct X 9.
    • Stop error when plugging or unplugging a Thunderbolt dock
      Devices using Thunderbolt docks may receive a stop error when plugging in or unplugging the dock
    • Errors or unexpected restarts for some devices using Always On, Always Connected
      Devices with more than one Always On, Always Connected capable network adapter might have issues.
    • No mouse input with apps and games using GameInput Redistributable
      Affected apps and games using both GameInput Redistributable and Windows 10, version 2004 might lose mouse input.
    • Issues updating or starting up devices when aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys is present
      Devices with apps or drivers using certain versions of aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys might have issues updating or starting
    • Issue with older drivers for Nvidia display adapters (GPU)
      You might have issues if you are using an Nvidia display adapter (GPU) and drivers with a version below 358.00.
    LOL so much for nVidia's "new" 446.14 driver.

RodroG likes this.
  2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I think that's more related to very old GPUs which are no longer supported on the 445-446 series drivers.
    Like very old Geforce 400/500 series cards last supported driver is 391.35 - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/132845/en-us

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Isnt this supposed to be their last driver before we get to a new branch and windows 10 update ?

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    nvidia drivers became a walking disaster recently...

1080TI stuck on 1518mhz on idle.

Singleton99 likes this.

5. xAD3r1ty

xAD3r1ty Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Do you happen to have a link for the 450.99? it asks for a dev membership

6. RodroG

RodroG Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 / 10GB
    Please, anybody know or can confirm me if the NV_Cache bug is back again or still not fully fixed in this release? There are some user reports in the r/nvidia subreddit claiming that the bug is still present. @Astyanax have you any update on this? Thanks in advance.

7. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    Steam and Discord in background but closed regardless, LG C9 and LG 27GL850, 2K 120Hz and 2K 144Hz respectively.

Core clock at 1185Mhz and Memory clock at 7000Mhz idle. A little too toasty for my liking. o_O

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Some users are still noticing the purging because that is the intended behavior of the current code, to clean up the folder at application start rather than while they are already running.

The change that Manuel said would be made in the nvcache thread is not going to be in any r445 family driver, next up is r450 with a 451 driver coming soon.

RodroG likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Report every individual game in the survey individually that isn't working so nvidia can look at them.

The new way its being loaded is safer for applications (doesn't invoke EAC/BE's wrath for one)

Because its not ready.

Buccellati likes this.
  10. RodroG

RodroG Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 / 10GB
    Thanks for your reply and the info.

Still a doubt on this you mentioned:

Is it really the correct behaviour? On 442.59 the NV_Cache folder is not cleaned up/purged at each application start though.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's correct in that its doing what the engineers intended it to do,
    It's just not correct in the perception of the users, which is why the feedback that made it back to whomever designed it this way has encouraged them to try something else instead.

This change was already said not to be in 446 by Manuel.

Yep, 451 needs a bit more baking.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    global performance setting is?

Expected behavior for mixed refresh config, nothing to fix.

13. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    did you change power mode? i mean my 1660ti idles at 1500mhz... but thats because power mode is set to high performance.... do i care? nope....

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Windows 7 Issues
    • [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [200594188]
    Windows 10 Issues
    • [VR}: HDCP errors occur with Valve Index VR. [2967616]
    • [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: Color banding occurs in the game after enabling ImageSharpening from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [2889337]
    • [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [200594188]
    • [SLI][Doom Eternal]: Corruption occurs in the game upon opening the Steam overlay.[200593967]
    • [Call of Duty - Warzone]: Freestyle does not work. (200593020)
    • [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks.[2781776]
    • [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]:The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable.[2810884]
    • [Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.[200578641]
      • To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan

tiliarou likes this.
  15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I tried max power, adaptive and optimal and all resulted the same, even with gsync off and on remains the same.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I tried max power, adaptive and optimal and all resulted the same, even with gsync off and on remains the same.

17. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Actually it is not a lie, its just not what you want it to be. The text says that the Windows update brings those features, it does not say that this driver enables them.

Either way we all know that there is a new driver branch coming. Do you want it right now with more bugs, or in a week or two when it has less issues?

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The specific line is just to indicate the driver won't make the 2004 update unbootable

19. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Well, my clocks behave normal on my gtx1080. No issues there.
    As for performance, slightly better than 441.87 which I preferred over all the newer ones.This set is pretty consistent also. Ran several firestrike tests with the same outcome. Even after a clean boot.
    I'll keep them for now.

20. Buccellati

Buccellati Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh, didn't know it fiddled around with anticheats. Thanks for the info. Also, where can I take this survey?