NVIDIA GeForce 446.14 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kx11, May 27, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    kill startmenuexperiencehost.exe

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im still rocking 442.01, windows didnt give me new update yet, so Im in no rush

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Right, for over a yr after I install drivers, set to MSI mode then go to restart. I don't use the left mouse button on Windows icon to power>restart but use right-click on it to restart that way works always.
    Anyway, after a reboot all is fine, restarting that process would probably do the same but since I have to restart anyway I do it as above.

4. Tadeo

Tadeo Member

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 16GB
    Terrible driver, freezing screen then goes black and driver restart and repeat. World of Warcraft is unplayable. Skipped to 450.99 good so far. Previously driver was stable this is kind of joke. Clocks are unstable. Beware of this driver. First I thought that is something wrong with my graphic card.... Madness..

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Having ~0 issues with this driver so far on my 1070.

MIXXX likes this.
  6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    No problems here runs like all the previous drivers, very stable here.
    Are you on 2004?

7. Tadeo

Tadeo Member

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 16GB
    Yes 19041.264 here. Fresh

8. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I advice everyone to install 450.99 driver with W10 (2004) doing very well even if its a beta one, 446.14 is a crap and with (2004) its even worse, also don't enable Gpu scheduling cause not doing well yet ( huge performance fluctuation, and fps drop), better waiting for Nvidia driver that support it officially, and always disable game mode, its a crap feature :D:);)

9. MIXXX

MIXXX Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070ti GTX 8GB
    Older System here
    1070 GTX and 466.14
    Windows 10 64 bit and v2004

All seems to working fine

-PEACE

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Blackfyre likes this.
  10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I dont who to blame windows 10 or nvidia. I have 3 monitor connected. 1st main monitor connected to display port. 2nd is connected to usb c and a tv connected to hdmi.

Everytime turn off my main monitor it switches to 2nd monitor that not even on.

And when i turn main monitor back on. Its treats it as 2nd monitor with app windows only showing on the monitor that is still turned off. So i have to turn on the other monitor just so i can tell windows to switch back over to the main monitor. And this causes issues for my tv hdmi as audio disappears if i turn off main monitor or turn it on...

It also effects remote desktop.....

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    446.14 does better on my system on W10 2004 for now, since I found some minor issues with 45x I would advice everyone to test what works best on their system instead.

12. NASTY

NASTY Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    Damn, this driver crashes my pc when gpu is under full load. at first i thought something is wrong with my card.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    something is wrong with your card :rolleyes:

SyntaX likes this.
  14. NASTY

NASTY Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    i dont think so. older drivers work just fine. What windows version are u guys using, maybe thats the problem. i am on win 10 1903 OS build: 18362.836.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yeah that's not really how issues with silicon electronics and especially computers go down.

Just because r80 didn't freeze my 6600gt, it was still faulty and had issues with r90 drivers.

Just because R260 drivers showed my dvi connected monitor properly, didn't mean there wasn't a vbios issue that made it appear as a VGA port on R270.

You do something different with a chip that works for everyone else but doesn't for 3 or 4 people, those 3 or 4 people have a defect on their hands.

Full load crashes are error accumulation in origin, you want the best out of your hardware then your hardware has to be up to the task when nvidia extracts it.

But you're totally free to build an exact replica of your machine and demonstrate it again.
    or not, as the case will be.

That said i'd prefer it not to be the case, RMA's suck.

1903 and 1909 are basically the same windows version.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020

16. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    I'm holding off doing a fresh install of W10 2004 until we get a full WDDM 2.7 driver, i know this is supposed to be in the next Game Ready driver, any idea when these will be available?

17. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    I wholeheartedly praise your sparkling intellect for pointing out that observation that I was so lucky enough to have come back to witness.

18. darkkinder

darkkinder Guest

GPU:
    RX 480
    Same thing happens with me. I have two monitors connected and always when I turn on the main monitor (with the second turned off) all my apps that was opened changes to the second monitor and I have to turn on the second monitor to move the apps to the main monitor.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Displayport monitors act like turned off usb devices when turned off, as in, they no longer present as a device connected to the pc.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    every conspiracy theorist that claims one driver is slower than an older one ever

[​IMG]

Why yes.... it goes faster when you aren't rendering things.

From this video

Notice in the cases that performance is slower, there appears to be:
    Higher gpu utilisation (ok, could be a driver bug)
    Higher VRAM Utilisation (oh wait, that means something else is fighting for resources right?)
    CPU Temps are significantly increased (Trifecta for "Something else is fighting for the gpu)

Terepin and loracle like this.