NVIDIA GeForce 441.87 WHQL: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, its not a 2.7 driver.

2. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    This driver gave me grey blocky artifacts when scrolling down through web pages. Reverting back to 441.66 resolved the problem.

3. rab3072

rab3072 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5750
    Do you mean the hud scrambles? I get this and assumed it was my overclock. Seems to happen at random.

4. rab3072

rab3072 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5750
    Not sure Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling should even be enabled right now without further testing. Mixed results.
    My personal issue that I encountered is that you cannot stream with it enabled. 70+ frames get skipped during the broadcast and to people viewing, it was a stuttering mess. Disable Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling and all is back to normal.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Speaking of destiny2 level loading when running around, or by certain locations,.

It was FastSync fault, now I've forced driver vsync and it has normal transition again, no micro stutter anymore.

Edit; it's still there, but alot better.. at least it's not so distracting anymore

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i've noticed that too, they should know better than to stall while resource loading.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    nope, VSync on

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    I am getting crashing in Warframe with this driver. Just random crashes usually within 2-5 min of loading up the game. No event log error or anything, just game freeze.....then desktop, then crash report. Back to 441.41 and all is good. I was not using the new frame limiter, but...

9. fr3quency

fr3quency Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    Dude I installed 445.23 insider DCH drivers and it installed the NVCP from Store automatically and without having connected an account. You're probably doing something wrong @ the guy that has the problem

10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    that image sharpening really messes with gpu rendered applications.....

11. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    This driver caps Battlefield V FPS at 97 in my case (FPS cap enabled or disabled in Nvidia CP).

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that cap is probably coming from the game itself, because BFV resets any changes made to its profile.

13. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Thing is I have marked only read options in the 2 files under c:\ProgramData\Nvidia Corporation\Drs folder, so Nvidia CP should be using the forced settings. It only happens under the new Drivers, not in the previous versions.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    no cap here at 97, I set a 111 cap with GameTime.MaxVariableFps 111.000000 and get 111, I can't go much higher, it's set to fps cap in BFv game setting of 120 and I use normally a user.cfg cap of 61.
    No FPS cap set in NVCP.

15. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Have just tried again unticking the read only options in the files under Drs, also returned to standard settings in NVCP, still capped at 100FPS, as if the vsync was turned on. I saw this happen before and was due to Gsync misfunction under certain drivers...

EDIT: I erased the Battlefield V folder in my documents and fixed my FPS problem.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Astyanax likes this.

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I don't have Gsync so I don't know, all I know is it appears to work on my system fine.

17. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I erased my Battlefield V folder in my documents and now all ok.

Thanks for your appreciations.

18. Uluqat

Uluqat New Member

GPU:
    980 Ti 6GB
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but what I noticed when I first installed a DCH version is that the Nvidia Control Panel was removed from the Windows Control Panel and is now an application separate from the Windows OS.

My assumption from this is that Microsoft has persuaded Nvidia to remove the Nvidia Control Panel from the Windows Control Panel because, in the long term, Microsoft is working towards migrating all of the old Windows Control Panel stuff to the new Windows Settings architecture, and will eventually kill the old Windows Control Panel entirely. I have not seen this stated anywhere, like in Nvidia's DCH/Standard Display Drivers For Windows 10 FAQ; it is just what seems logical to me.

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Not being listed in the legacy Windows Control Panel doesn't mean it's separate from the Windows OS. Rather, it was always separate from the Windows OS.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    edit: testing some more..

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020