NVIDIA Geforce 431.36 Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats exactly how they should work.

pharma likes this.
  2. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    No problems with this driver.
    Edit: Windows 7 64-bit

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  3. greeny187

greeny187 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560Ti
    My Nvidia control panel is missing after updating the driver to the latest. How should I get the control panel back? Using a MSI RTX2070 with the latest drivers.

4. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Reinstalling might work. I used DDU as part of my uninstall procedure.

5. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Strange did the same but control panel still exists DDU the driver and reinstall as suggested

6. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Windows version?

7. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    The control panel (NVCPL) is sometimes missing due to the fact that in the 430.xx series drivers, nvidia is using the ms store analytics for telemetry. This results in a partial control panel or no control panel in many machines. I don't use MS store (because I don't buy anything from MS store and have it turned off). DDU can't solve the ms store issue. There are several registry keys that have to be cleaned out as well as a subfolders set in the windows directory for MS store. Cleaning those out have enabled me to get nvcontrol panel to work ONLY with the hot fix drivers. This driver itself, provides me only one entry in the control panel (gpu utilization). DDU doesn't clean those settings out for MS store - and I don't blame him because there might be some folks that use the MS store and wouldn't want to be responsible for those issues.

I installed the STANDARD drivers -before anyone chimes in that it is DCH. The issue has occurred ever since the 430.xx drivers have come out.The nvcpl control panel issue is choice by nvidia that changed with the 430.xx drivers. My rig is a little more complicated than others and I take extra steps to keep it optimal. In this case the NVCPL issue is from nvidia using ms store analytics

...and before we turn this into a telemetry discussion: the choice is up to you and please respect my choices. If you like telemetry that's fine, if you don't that is fine too. Remember this is an ENTHUSIAST site, so if some of us know how things work better than others - that's ok. We are here because we are not generic in what we want - to tweak or solve issues - hence ENTHUSIAST site. So don't bash just because someone has a different opinion or has other knowledge. Seems that a few rotten apples aways have to put folks down rather than appreciating the information they bring.

Side Bar:
    I also use windows 10 Enterprise and Windows Sever 2019 Data Center. In these OS flavors one can turn off telemetry, MS store, and there is no Cortana using gpo, sliders and MS suggested registry keys. Cortana is disabled by default out of the box. After booting, with a few services cleaned up - there is no background activity. Other things to consider is that I use WSUS and have automatic updates turned off and I pick and choose which updates to put in. For speed purposes I use the microsoft suggested entry in HKLM and have feature set set to "3" which disables the mitigations - resulting in a total 16% increase in performance in with a 38% increase in performance on the Raid Array as well. Lastly, I disabled any remaining options in task scheduler that on occasion re-enable telemetry. I use the host file to limit trackers, crypto mining sites, redirects and MS vortex portal -and redirect to a local fictional address such as 127.0.0.1. For browser I use Vivaldi or Firefox with telemetry turned off in about:config and turned off pluggins and google tools from autoupdating. My system is fast, rock stable, responsive and as free as I can make it from doing things I don't approve off. I like to control what I can and value my anonymity and privacy. If that is not you - no problem.

Thank You

J

Video card build out:
    Asus c621e sage
    2x Xeon 8180M
    768GB of ram LRDIMM
    4x Titan V including Titan V CEO ed 32GB
    960pro nvme (OS)
    10x 860pro 4TB SSD Raid (40TB) (Apps and Backup 8x 2x)
    1600W PSU (digital) noiseless
    MS 2019 Data Center, MS 10 enterprise, Ubuntu
    P1 miniITX case

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    AsiJu and Kolt like this.
  8. greeny187

greeny187 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560Ti
    1903 b18362.239

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    install it from windows store.

10. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Driver installed without any problems. Running 3 systems on latest Win10 1903 with a 750Ti, 970 and 1070. No serious or game breaking issues so far...

11. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    This driver is running perfect for me on both my rigs. Metro Exodus and Division 2 arew running MUCH better on my Acer Predator X27 in 4k HDR.

1st Rig:
    Intel Core i9 7980xe @ 4.4Ghz
    Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme
    128GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600Mhz
    Nvidia TITAN RTX

2nd Rig:
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
    64GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal Silver
    MSI X570 Godlike
    2x RTX 2080Ti NVLink

Blackfyre and endbase like this.
  12. greeny187

greeny187 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560Ti
    Even using DDU also gives me same problem. Windows Store don't have the NCP listed.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Strange i just downloaded this driver and i get this message when i try to install it.

X NVIDIA Installer cannot continue.... Other Installations are running. Finish the other Installations then try again.

Never seen this error message before. Keeps saying the same thing.

Maybe it's because Windows wants to install 1903? i'm still holding off the update on 1809 for now.

*Fixed it. Windows needed a update that wasn't 1903 but some updated security fix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 and 4.8.

15. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Only way i can see the control panel is to right click or on the taskbar. I thought it all installed in the Nvidia Corporation folder !!!

Am i wrong?

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Btw did you mention this control panel issue was not present with 430.97 hotfix?

That's the driver I'm using atm and NV CPL works.
    No Group Policy tweaks here (Home ed.) but I've removed MS Store app with WPD along with all other Store apps so I'd think I should get the same issue then.

Standard driver too, obviously.

Unless removing MS Store (app) is for some reason different than disabling it via GP.

That's one thing you could try I suppose, reset Group Policy but use WPD and just nuke the entire thing.

Unless .97 driver is indeed different.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So no boost like they claim.. well that claim is stupid anyway.. no one uses old 41x.xx anymore, not those that play newer games with newer gpus.

Keesberenburg likes this.
  18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No boost for old gen.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the boost is only for RTX products, in RT enabled conditions.

20. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TI GAMING SLI
    This driver messed up my SLI scaling in GTA V. 980 Ti SLI, Getting 85% usage at best.

Same issue with watch dogs 2.

- Magically fixed by setting Gsync to windowed and fullscreen mode.