1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia Geforce 417.01 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto, Nov 26, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Both are ok, tried 399.41 again to see if it's also ok and it is. Dont mind it at this point. Got tired of all 41x.xx series.

I don't play the very latest games.. newest so far is only Strange Brigade and that runs fine with 399.xx too.

2. flexy

flexy Member Guru

GPU:
    Riva 128
    Let me tell why it doesn't make sense, but feel free to correct me:

Limited range 16-235 is "broadcast standard", alright. This is what a BluRay player, HD DVD etc. puts out, and this is what a TV expects from a BluRay.

When you connect a PC to a TV and have the PC/GPU output "limited", what you do is basically you emulate that your PC acts like a BluRay player or similar, outputting this broadcast colour range. This is ok in the following scenarios:

* You use the PC as a HTPC for watching movies *exclusively" - you basically turn your PC into a software media player - and you don't do anything else with it. Check.

* You use your TV with a console, where I understand that most consoles actually output "limited". (Even if this is questionable why a console should do this...but I guess it's simply because consoles are normally connected to a "TV")

If you use a TV in such a way, as a "software media player": clear. But it is a different story if you use your TV also for other things. Working, desktop, GAMING, youtube, whatever. So why would you want to output limited in this case? You DON'T. In such a case, you want to use the full range of colours - especially since your media player (and/or the filters you use with it) allow you to set it that way that you can leave your card and your TV at "full", so let the player do the conversion.

** Nvidia, for some bizarre reason (at least in the past) set it to limited as default for anything connected to HDMI. Including monitors. But it doesn't make sense except for these two mentioned scenarios. And it sure doesn't make sense if you connect an ordinary monitor to your PC, where you might possibly not even watch movies. (Or only rarely). So why output "broadcast standard" to a monitor? Doesn't make sense.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Even the likes of twitch and such are limited range, unfortunately.

the recent FFXIV fanfest was incorrectly streamed in full range, which made it exceedingly dark.

4. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    is this driver broken? the color problem everyone talking about it that affecting HDMI users?
    or DP as well?

5. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Crash in Deus Ex Mankind Divided with these.

Playing in dx12 with 1070Ti.

[​IMG]

6. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    Mankind Divided is bugged as hell, play using DX 11 - it's definitely more stable.

7. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 GTX 980 OC
    Just got my 1st grey & black screen with these drivers playing a long session of R6. Overall the stability and performance is quite good but i think 416.94 were better. Waiting for the next release!

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Has anyone ran into the GeForce Experience update bug where it will no longer launch? Older versions will work but as soon as it auto updates, game over man.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...read-released-11-19-18-/post/5925446/#5925446

Seems this release is very buggy. Drivers seem solid though.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That is caused by your system missing the nvidia telemetry service.