Nvidia Geforce 416.81 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Nov 8, 2018.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Alright, looks like I'm staying on 399.24 for now. It seems that nvidia has really outdone themselves with the 400 series thus far.

-Tj- likes this.
  2. Bahramhpc

Bahramhpc New Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    Crash my system , i had to reduce power for gaming without crash

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    Bump. Anyone else with 1080Ti (ore previous Pascal) had this issue? I rolled back to previous hotfix driver, all back to normal.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Maybe not 100 % stable driver after all, got 2 hard crashes in Witcher 3 (DSR 1440p).
    Not had one before while in game.

Removed oc too but made no difference. Now trying native res if that helps.

Haven't tried other games yet.

5. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Will have to play some Witcher 3 to test.

6. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    You all worry way too much about arbitrary bench scores that are ultimately meaningless.

Amaze likes this.
  7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    In a way yes and in a way no.
    For the past few weeks I've been running my system mem @ 1600mhz 1.5v (IMC/VTT - 1.1v) to reduce heat output at 4.6ghz on all cores until the new cooler gets here.
    Faster mem speed does improve game bench scores, namely FFXIV Stormblood bench and other mem lovin games like it.
    Firestrike it improves CPU and Combined scores, not GPU.

With 416 drivers I get a full 400 points lower score on the GPU adding to a lesser final score, compared to 411 drivers.

Depending what you have running in the background for monitoring or whatever, the performance difference shows up more in gaming using 416 than 411.

You're better off using 411 or 399.

8. michael_d

michael_d Active Member

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I have been experiencing "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." since Windows 10 Fall update with the last two driver releases while playing Metro Last Light Redux DLC Sniper mission. It occurs with and without physX. I emailed Nvidia. Can anyone else test?

9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    I only played through the entire base game of LL on latest Win10 build and a few 4xx.xx drivers - no crashes or freezes.
    Any specific place where the crash happens? I can try to test it I guess.

10. michael_d

michael_d Active Member

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    You have to have DLC which includes Sniper mission. It is not part of the campaign. It crashes on my computer at the very beginning when your squad mate opens a door and takes down a guard. Then you proceed to the edge of the room where there is no wall. Your squad mate gives you instructions to take down other guards on the ground, on towers and roof of the opposite building.

11. Tim FArley

Tim FArley New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780ti
    Every update after 416.16 has caused MSI Afterburner to freeze the desktop if I attempt any sort of adjustment. Whether its an overclock, or just manually setting the fan speed. IF I roll back to 416.16, everything is fine. My GPU is a 780 ti

After reading this post, I am a little confused as to whether or not there is a fix, or that it is just a known issue. Anyone else having similar issues with the driver updates past 416.16?

12. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    @michael_d tried playing that mission a bit, cleared towers and yard, ziplined and shot up a few more guys - no crashes.
    Though I should mention that I have LL Redux version (in case you have a non-Redux). Max settings incl PhysX @ 1080p but SSAA off.
    Might a 1080Ti specific crash or something.
    edit: forgot to mention that I have MSI mode enable for GPU.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Can bad visual redist c++ 2015 , cause such CTD's? e.g. Random Quake Champions crash?

Well, today I wanted to try Dead by daylight and I always got error code22, the game can't start for some reason. Was ok yesterday.
    Apparently it was this visual c++ redist 2015 issue. I had 2017 installed but no 2015..Idk how that happened., I googled and saw visual redist c++ 2017 replaces some registry with 2015 and apparently this can cause a issue.
    I had to remove 2017 completely or it wouldn't install 2015, said I already have newer 2015 installed.

Now the game started again, it was by launch @ anticheat initialization.

I might try this 416 again if that visual c affects it? otherwise Im staying at 399.24, anyone?

14. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    No clue, but this is curious to me as well. Have you looked at or tried either of these visual C++ installer programs yet?

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...d-hassle-free-uninstaller-reinstaller.393405/

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/aio-runtime-libraries-by-wilenty-installer-uninstaller.418645/

Not sure if either of those will help or not, but maybe just maybe it could help in getting a 400 series driver working for you.

-Tj- likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I tired one AIO but still skipped visual 2015, well until I uninstalled 2017.. now I installed 2015 and one RS3 update for it. No 2017 yet.
    Will see again tomorrow, getting late now. :)

16. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780Ti
    I'm sorry for the confusion, and no, it's a problem that continues to present in the 416.81.
    According to a Nvidia representative, this problem will be solved in the next drivers.

Only the 416.16 don't have that problem (in the 416.xx series), but they have an unusual variation in voltages so I don't use them either.

The same is being commented on here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...16-34-problem-with-gtx-780/?offset=67#5911343

At the moment I am with the 411.70 and they go well for me.

Tim FArley likes this.
  17. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    On my Asus Strix OC stock 1080Ti, driver is stable, no crashes.

18. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT73VRE TITAN
    cool beans

19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Did some more investigating on Corsair Link.
    Seems it's no longer being updated and it's replaced with iCUE, so removed Link, kept config files, installed iCUE, adjusted settings, saved them to device and uninstalled iCUE, keeping the saved settings file and cleaned registry.
    Installed these 416.81 again, ran Firestrike and the score is the same as 411.63 I installed earlier.So seems Link software was contributing to the instability.
    Gaming resumes tomorrow.

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    No problems here.
    On win7.