Nvidia Geforce 416.34 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Oct 12, 2018.

1. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    playing sniper elite 4 on upscaled mode with gfe, i get a hard lock, screen goes black and my second monitor wallpaper goes a purpley black colour. Not sure if its the game or the driver / new upscaling method?

2. Grotlo

Grotlo Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 ti G1 Gaming

Because I installed all drivers mentioned in my previous post last night and only 399.24-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql works properly.

I don't need any TechTube Jesus Nvidia paid reviewer to tell me that there are no issues when I can observed them quite clearly on my own.

I don't care what Nvidia or said shill TechTubers think that's their own prerogative, I am simply sharing this with the consumers (you guys) so that you don't accidental freak out thinking that your GPU's (hardware) are going bad.

I thought my GPU or memory is physically degrading seeing artifacts/flickering in Witcher 3 and Rise of The Tomb Raider.

It is only realistic to expect them to boost performance on their IT JUST WORKS cards with every subsequent driver release and not further optimize the Pascal Architecture performance.

Unfortunately for Pascal owners, this comes at a cost since their new IT JUST WORKS architecture drivers are degrading performance on the previous generation cards.

Lastly, planned obsolescence is an integral part of all technology on the market today, how else would you go out and buy IT JUST WORKS cards and finance Jensen Huang's new Mansion, Yacht or an Oldsmobile collection?

3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Planned Obsolescence happens anyway regardless of any driver gimping that may or may not happen, by virtue of the fact that games become more & more demanding over the years and due to the previous architecture being slower than the latest - they don't need to gimp drivers of old cards in order to create obsolescence, nor to stimulate the demand for new cards. It's been proven in many places that driver gimping of previous architecture doesn't happen. If they were to gimp drivers of the previous architecture it would only sway customers away from NVidia rather than towards. I suppose it's possible that newly released games don't get as much driver attention/optimisation on previous gen cards (and we can't really ever prove/know that because no comparisons), but they don't gimp gaming performance on titles that have already been released during that older generation's reign.

goodsmac and AQUILES like this.
  4. raclimja

raclimja Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    This driver causes GTA 5 on my GTX 1080 to immediately crash when MSAA is enabled

5. looniam

looniam Member Guru

GPU:
    980TI SC+
    whoa!

MSAA planned obsolescence confirmed! :eek:

someone call adoredTV! :rolleyes:

cryohellinc likes this.
  6. Chert

Chert Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I'm getting very good and smooth performance with this driver. This is a keeper for me.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    or maybe it affects RTX cards too (it does), was a known bug (it was) and is already fixed for the next driver (it is)

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, you instead make a scene and cast accusations that are false in order to stir up disorder.

and this

>Unfortunately for Pascal owners, this comes at a cost since their new IT JUST WORKS architecture drivers are degrading performance on the previous generation cards.

Is irrefutably false, with multiple games faster under the 400 series drivers than they were under 399.

But sure, lets rewrite real history because of an already resolved bug.

9. p21391

p21391 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT-512
    The same thing happens to me even BSOD.
    I returned to 411.70, works fine.

(Me pasa lo mismo incluso BSOD)

10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    Presume you are on more than a 9600 now? its good to know my card isnt on the way out.

11. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I don't own a G-Sync panel so I'm not sure, but a lot of them having an issue & none of the YouTubers mentioned about it.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Joker was asked to test, and the pig laughed at the request and said "no it doesn't"

13. goodsmac

goodsmac Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE
    That's right. I own a G-Sync monitor and none of the TechTuber talks about the problems. According to my knowledge, most people have problems when they run games in borderless window mode. For me that´s a compatibility mode (multi-monitor etc.).. As a single-monitor user, i don´t have most of the described problems (frame drops, micro stuttering, input lag), because i run nearly all my G-Sync applications in fullscreen exclusiv mode. But in some cases that´s for some people not possible..

khanmein likes this.
  14. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    G-SYNC in Windowed mode has always been a hack, and for me personally, it has always resulted in problems of one variety or another. I rather enjoy silky-smooth gameplay and accept a brief flash on Alt-Tab instead of bothering with Windowed-Mode.
    The beauty is that "Borderless Windowed" in DX12 using Independent Flip also counts as Exclusive mode to the driver, and G-SYNC still works. :)

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Im still at quadro 416.30 variant and I have to say it's a much better overall experience - Stabler fps and even tiny bit faster.

To anyone not liking current 416.16 or these 416.34., give those quadro a try.

16. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Excellent driver gained 7 fps with ass creed odyssey :)

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    These are giving me a lot of unnecessary stuttering in games to the point that it's really annoying. Going back to 411.70.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I did some tests, and windowed mode g-sync starts to stutter when GPU is maxed out. If you always stay below 90% GPU or so, it doesn't stutter. As soon at it approaches max load, severe hiccups appear.

I don't remember this happening with the 16xx versions of Windows 10.

(Unfortunately, some games using the Full Of Problems engine, aka "Unity", do not support exclusive fullscreen, so this is an actual issue, especially since Unity will max out the GPU if you have graphics even just a bit more complex than Pac Man. Somebody please kill Unity? Please?)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    khanmein and BuildeR2 like this.
  19. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Far cry 5 runs like sit on every driver after 399.24!
    it is just me ?

i am on windows 10 October update!
    and did someone else notice that the webcam not working ?

20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE