Nvidia Geforce 416.34 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Oct 12, 2018.

1. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Shader model 6.3 adds support for DirectX12 Raytracing (DXR)

2. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    DX12 VS DX11 in"my system " gaming experience is the same
    and at 4k game setting ,
    CPU matter-less.

3. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    / FIRESTRIKE ULTRA
    REALLY THE SAME.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    chispy likes this.
  4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Try the quadro drivers that just came out. Not sure what they changed but I get my best scores yet on my 2080ti.

endbase and HARDRESET like this.

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Will do , which one please , like this one R415 U1 (416.30) , post so.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    HARDRESET likes this.
  7. Grotlo

Grotlo Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 ti G1 Gaming
    I've got flickering/artifacting in Wticher 3 with:

411.70-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

416.16-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

416.34-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

On GTX 1080.

Just installed 399.24-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql and it's fixed.

I guess owners of Pascal GPU's are to throw away their GPU's and buy IT JUST WORKS MIRACLE CARDS from Nvidia.

I guess Pascal gimping down performance has begun with 4xx.xx driver family.

GG Nvidia KEEP THEM COMING!

JAMVA likes this.
  8. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    On "my system" the 411.70 is the most sable . 416.16 was a nightmare , so far 416.34 ,well the jury is still out .
    399.24 on my system was OK.

9. Law-II

Law-II Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080ti Extreme
    Nvidia Control Panel *Not Responding

*416.16-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

*416.34-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

Can set a Custom Resolution; unable to apply one; as below:

[​IMG]

Last good driver 411.70-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql with GTX 1080 Ti

Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1803 OS build 17134.345

atb

Law-II

10. goodsmac

goodsmac Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Why always this discussion. I don't understand that... You always have fluctuations in performance with new drivers, especially when a new GPU generation is released because driver programming is compicated... Also jayztwocents and linus talked about this topic. In long term view it´s simply not true.

11. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Both LTT & JTC or others can't be trusted which included GN as well. This has happened in every industry, if the newer product is released, the older products will be gimped, if not who going to buy the new stuff. I hope you don't be blindfolded or watching too much without making any common sense.

I treated those videos as entertainment or learned something from them, but at the end of the day, they're just doing legit business to feed their family so I don't blame them. Honesty is the best policy, but this doesn't mean you'll be rich or successful so you feel me?

12. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Try the quadro drivers. Best so far. I'd expect the improvements to be implemented into the next driver but until then, give the quadro driver a try if you don't want to wait.

13. goodsmac

goodsmac Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    That´s defenetly true, but the most discussions to this topic going way to far in my opinion. Thinking about Intel meltdown scandal, when performance gimping for older products is such a "big problem", why is "nobody" talking (trade press, etc.) about it? Nvidia can´t "buy" everyone.. You know what i mean? But i exactly can understand your position...

14. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    What you said is true also, but YouTubers didn't mention a single crap related to G-Sync as well.

15. goodsmac

goodsmac Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    What do you mean with "single related crap to g-sync". That it is broken in borderless mode with the last couple of drivers?

16. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Witcher 3 flickering is supposedly fixed in the next upcoming driver.

17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    playing sniper elite 4 on upscaled mode with gfe, i get a hard lock, screen goes black and my second monitor wallpaper goes a purpley black colour. Not sure if its the game or the driver / new upscaling method?

18. Grotlo

Grotlo Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 ti G1 Gaming

Because I installed all drivers mentioned in my previous post last night and only 399.24-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql works properly.

I don't need any TechTube Jesus Nvidia paid reviewer to tell me that there are no issues when I can observed them quite clearly on my own.

I don't care what Nvidia or said shill TechTubers think that's their own prerogative, I am simply sharing this with the consumers (you guys) so that you don't accidental freak out thinking that your GPU's (hardware) are going bad.

I thought my GPU or memory is physically degrading seeing artifacts/flickering in Witcher 3 and Rise of The Tomb Raider.

It is only realistic to expect them to boost performance on their IT JUST WORKS cards with every subsequent driver release and not further optimize the Pascal Architecture performance.

Unfortunately for Pascal owners, this comes at a cost since their new IT JUST WORKS architecture drivers are degrading performance on the previous generation cards.

Lastly, planned obsolescence is an integral part of all technology on the market today, how else would you go out and buy IT JUST WORKS cards and finance Jensen Huang's new Mansion, Yacht or an Oldsmobile collection?

19. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Planned Obsolescence happens anyway regardless of any driver gimping that may or may not happen, by virtue of the fact that games become more & more demanding over the years and due to the previous architecture being slower than the latest - they don't need to gimp drivers of old cards in order to create obsolescence, nor to stimulate the demand for new cards. It's been proven in many places that driver gimping of previous architecture doesn't happen. If they were to gimp drivers of the previous architecture it would only sway customers away from NVidia rather than towards. I suppose it's possible that newly released games don't get as much driver attention/optimisation on previous gen cards (and we can't really ever prove/know that because no comparisons), but they don't gimp gaming performance on titles that have already been released during that older generation's reign.

goodsmac and AQUILES like this.
  20. raclimja

raclimja Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    This driver causes GTA 5 on my GTX 1080 to immediately crash when MSAA is enabled