Nvidia Geforce 416.34 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    fairly convinced the decrease is because of spectre, yeah. lokkenjp demonstrated performance differences with it enabled/disabled with the 416.16 driver

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

EVGA sent me a BETA BIOS for testing with the new ucode update and works perfect. I have Specte et al mitigation(s) disabled in the OS and my game and bench scores are identical or within the MoE over the last year. I could test again with the OS mitigations enabled but the only thing (oddly enough) I've noticed it does is make the task bar really stutter when auto hiding. It's so distracting that's basically the sole reason I have them disabled as I can't detected a performance hit for anything I use the system for. :p

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes I saw it too, meltdown is ok.

By spectre I can get min fps up to 4-6fps by very CPU bound api e.g. hitman absolution. This one had the biggest fps hit, rest 2-3fps lower.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    must be easier to keep uefi up to date, remember how fast they ditched the x58 boards that weren't very kepler compatible.

Wasn't control flow guard also a source of task bar stutters on 10?

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Didn't see it mentioned before but Win10 1809 and the WDDM 2.5 drivers apparently enabled Shader Model 6.3 support

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just got another CTD by QuakeChampions, I didn't have any on 416.16. The game also updated now with some fixes and it's not really working.. I'm back to 416.16

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  7. Headd

Headd Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970
    6700k 4.5Ghz+MSI 1080TI gaming win10 1809
    399.24 vs 416.34
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    They look like some very comprehensive results, is that all your testing? How much did the room temperature vary from test to test, how consistent were the GPU boost clocks from test to test? Did you start each run on an already heat-soaked system? What tool did you use to measure/record the frames per second over time?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    tiliarou and HARDRESET like this.
  9. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Need system spec and game setting ,plus 4 k bench marks.

10. Headd

Headd Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970
    boost is always same 1924mhz and i have use fraps/ocat

HARDRESET likes this.

11. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You mean the actual frequency of the GPU was constantly stable at 1924Mhz for the duration of the tests? Because when people talk about the 'boost' value of their card, sometimes they're just looking at the quoted boost value on the 'front page' of apps like GPUz, whereas the actual measured frequency of the core varies during use. See the following link to a pic of GPUz, GPUz says the Boost value is 1582Mhz, but that's just a 'guide', the actual frequency during gaming will be higher than that, as well as varying.
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
    When you say "boost" are you talking about the actual frequency the card is at during gaming or are you talking the 'boost' figure quoted in GPUz?

12. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    (Those aren't valid comparisons unfortunately because you're not doing the same thing in each video during the 'benchmarking sequence', so frame rates would vary regardless of driver. And as an aside don't know why you're running in DX12 mode as BF1 runs smoother & faster in DX11 mode, unless your CPU is particularly weak, which it might be (you've got an old gen AMD CPU)).

13. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    AC origins runs he same just like all other games on my gtx 1080 Ti Gaming X but my Windows still 1803.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    @ManuelG and other nVidia representatives.

Netflix 4K HDR on Microsoft Edge is resulting in constant Screen Flickering. Both this driver and previous driver had this issue. I am not sure when it started, but I rolled back to 399.28 and the issue is resolved.

Constant screen flickering ONLY occurs when HDR is enabled in Windows and watching Netflix on Edge. Disabling HDR and running 4K = no issues, tried taking the refresh-rate down from 60Hz to 30Hz with HDR enabled, resulted in HDR Stutter every couple of seconds rather screen flickering. However, reverting back the drivers to the one I mentioned above fixed the issue completely with 4K HDR and no screen flickering or stuttering even at 4K HDR 60Hz.

My specs are in my BIO.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Regarding the flickering, it will be fixed in the next upcoming driver. I think is related. :oops:

[​IMG]

16. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    What files do I need to delete to reset Freestyle filters to their default values?
    GFE saves my slider values when I delete and re-add filters, but I'd like to reset them to default values.

17. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Thanks for those Keesberenburg. I have an old Broadwell-E 6-core, out of interest what score do you get if you disable Hyper Threading? On my 3970X, I actually get approx 1000 points more with HT disabled, but I wonder if this is a function of the architecture.

18. grpm

grpm Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050
    Another disappointment. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

19. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    i got that out of the blue w/last drivers; steam games wouldn't start.

just ran the installer again (no DDU/rollback or clean - went "dirty") fixed it and no issue since.

btw, win 10 1803

20. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti

GF 411.70 is "my system" best driver ,most stable for window 1809 .