Nvidia Geforce 416.34 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Oct 12, 2018.

1. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Same here , more or less the same for my system .

2. Ex3cut3r

Ex3cut3r Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
    My RTX 2080 non Ti got also slower, on my "launchday" I got with the 411.70 driver 71 FPS on the SOTTR Benchmark @ 3440x1440, with everthing maxxed out + SMAATx2. Now I get 68 FPS. Sooo it's either because of 1809 or a combination of both. Of course I repeated the benchmark a couple times. Always 68 or 69 fps but never 71 fps again.

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    My scores on FireStrike Ultra using the exact same GPU and CPU clock settings has basically not changed at all even through various iteration of Windows 10.
    'Gimpers' never have any data....

Comparison: Fire Strike Ultra
    7 804 by HeavyHemi
    1. October 13 2018

7 803 by HeavyHemi
    2. January 13 2018

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/16684132/fs/14683802

Vidik likes this.
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Could be it was 3C higher in ambient temps and it cut boost clocks for temps earlier. Ya never know when you're basically skirting the MoE.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I don't think it's a hassle for most guru's on here. A majority of us are using SSD's as our system drives and an extra reboot is only a matter of a few seconds. You're not always going to have problems if you don't use it but I say it's better to be safe then sorry. In a perfect world, the regular uninstaller should be enough to completely remove drivers but we know that's not always the case. You have some people who don't use ddu, have issues, then come on the forums complaining. I personally think it makes a lot more sense to just spend a few seconds to run ddu rather than having to face issues, coming on the forum and posting the issue and then having to redo it. That sounds like much more of a hassle to me.

Make sure to run the latest version of ddu in safe mode and choose the recommended option. Then opt for clean install under the driver installer. If you have custom game profiles, make sure to back them up before running ddu using nvidia profile inspector as they will get wiped doing this method.

6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    There's been patches recently for the game though. Are you still using 411.70 or did you update your drivers? I've found 411.70 to be the best performing even on 1809.

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Benchmark scores are slightly lower yes, particularly by gpu down about 200 points on avg. vs 399.24 but gameplay is improved tremendously in WD2 and Witcher 3, even with Game Mode Off (as doc put it "useless toggle")
    With this set though I'm getting the white texture flashes in both games, not so much WD2 noticed it only once, but W3 it's most noticeable indoors.
    But damn they play and look sweet in 4K with this set.

On that note, has anyone tried downclocking vram to see if that solves the issue? ....I'm lazzy :D

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Just feels a lot smoother, my refresh rate is 144hz so should always be super smooth on the desktop but previous drivers had an obvious stutter/jitter

Chrome also is a lot smoother than previously when scrolling large pages or lots of pics ect

im using clean install win 10 1809 and these drivers

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just seen some reports, anyone else seeing major desktop stutter and lag and general unuseability with GTX 780's?

10. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    maybe it has something to do with wddm 2.5?

11. Oclockster

Oclockster Guest

GPU:
    GTX980TI
    If you have a 1080 TI keep an eye on your voltage and temps. As soon as I updated the card was going from the voltage curve at 1.081 to 1.093 and according to the curve it shouldn't have hit that voltage. I went back to 411.70 and everything went back to normal with the cap of 1.081 volts sticking where it should be. It was a simple matter to run the older setup and it went smoothly back if this happens to you.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, my 680 is not having any issues.

13. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    This always happens when a new series, especially with new tech is released.You'll get a few drivers where performance would seem horrible but then they do get better as Nvidia keeps refining the drivers constantly.

I re-installed 399.24 and while they perform better in benchmarks (I claimed 200 points but it's closer to 100 with 1809) the system heavy areas in WD2 and W3 are a lot smoother with 411/416 drivers compared to 399 and honestly HQ Texture Filtering looks sharper with 411/416 vs 399.24, I think so anyway.

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I updated my drivers the last two releases and suddenly Google Chrome started randomly freezing *youtube/browsing* and even games would also freeze during the menu screens. I went back to 411.70 WHQL and everything was fine. At first I blamed it on the disaster that was the Win 10 October update but then it struck me that the older drivers which had been working just fine were wddm 2.4 based and it was the wddm 2.5 sets that were the real issue.

15. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    It seems in these later drivers (W10, latest update) I've lost the ability to adjust my refresh rate on my ASUS PG278Q with the button on the monitor, the refresh comes up but I cannot change it. On my LTSB partition with the drivers Windows 10 installs by default (399.23?) I am able to change the refresh, and I tried the Windows 10 auto drivers on the latest version of Windows 10 Pro which also worked fine. This is a problem for me since I like to ULMB on a couple of things, anyone else able to try this incredibly niche problem on these drivers for me and see if it affects them too?

16. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
  17. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    wddm 2.5 drivers are very stable in game and in oc for me but all fps went down a bit which is also confirmed by lower FireStrike graphics score by around 200 points in my case. But i wonder if this is related to driver itself but also if something has changed in w10 1809. CPU scores in all benchmarks went up a bit.

Now I think this lower scores are something more related with Windows 1809 because with 411.70 but as wddm 2.4 in 1803 I had 200 points more in FS.

18. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Spectre update by default in 1809, and broadwell-e overclocks are again broken with the mcupdate driver.

20. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    I have spectre meltdown disabled via Inspectre and I am on Kabylake platform. But you think that this is related?