1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GeForce 391.35 drivers (FC5) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by newls1, Mar 27, 2018.

1. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    No problems here with this new driver, a friend of mine had a question, so I decided to make this video, it might help somebody else here!

2. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I gave these drivers another try. For some reason it gave me weird performance issues before on 1607. Trying it again on 1803 and all is good. Pretty much the same as the previous drivers but Farcry 5 is smoother. I play on ultra at a pretty high resolution (3584x2016) and cap it to 60fps with vsync so there were occasions on the previous driver where it would drop to 58-59 which had a slight stutter effect. Now it stays at 60 and just feels a lot better.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I switched to these as well (from Vulkan beta 389.20) to try them out and ok. FC 5 seems to run about the same, perhaps slightly less stutter but could be just ToD / location variation.

Mostly locked 75 fps but seems places with lots of NPCs drop framerate to around 60+ occassionally. Game seems to max. a CPU core or two based on monitoring in these instances.

4. Folken

Folken Member

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx amp extreme
    Far Cry 5 Pc Ultra 2K(3440x1440 ULTRAWIDE) GTX 1080 TI SLI 7940x Frame Rate Performnace Test

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    CPU limited huh.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I bet the game does poorly with so many low-speed cores, but even GPU there looks underutilized.
    8700k would probably run better, but that is just a guess.
    It's hard to code a game so many cores are used for actual gameplay and rendering.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That's what a cpu limit does.

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Not in my eyes but I guess you could say the outcome is same.
    CPU limited to me in vast situations is when the CPU cores are maxed, like for example my i5-370k in BF1, where all cores can go above 90% with a few 100%.
    Here its more game issue problem, though it would be good to see each core usage to better understand.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Farcry has just poor cpu code, its single threaded for dx11 main render. Any high clocked 4core is enough.

And if gpu gets low usage its just that cpu bottleneck.

That what you see in Bf is just efficient code maxing cpu to max, well if it needs it. Cod bo3 has such high cpu usage too, but here it's something different, it only happens by DSR heh..

10. Folken

Folken Member

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx amp extreme
    Only the far cry used engine is known for misuse of various cpu core. BF1 for example of the fps boost in cpus of 8 or +.

Cumps

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Then you have much to learn. A cpu doesn't have to be pegged at 100% to be a limit.

Yes, that is my take on it too.

12. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    In my experience cpu limited is when you cant max the cpu or gpu and get low frames

in gta 5 my old fx6300 could only max out using about 50-60% of the cpu while only achieving ~70% gpu usage too, this was with an r9 280 gpu

13. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG STRIX 1070
    I'm probably going to stick with these until Vampyr comes out. Then probably get the Game Ready drivers for that game. But i should update MSI Afterburner and RTSS soon.