Nvidia GeForce 391.35 drivers (FC5) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by newls1, Mar 27, 2018.

1. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
    Provides the optimal gaming experience for Far Cry 5

Download:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-391-35-whql-driver-download.html

And lets start the discussion now!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2018
    xankazo likes this.
  2. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Far Cry 5 already runs excellent without these drivers so I'm wondering how much improvement they add...anyone try them out yet?

3. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    prob minor tweaks to catch up with amd's vega series.. they seem to run very well in this game

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Maybe they prepare some settings for shadow play etc. that's supposed to work soon with FC5.

Well they got AMD specific tweaks in the game, that's why. Disable those and they fall behind again anyway, it's an AMD partnered game after all, so their cards have to perform better than usually or it wouldn't make any sense at all.

5. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    would be nice if Nvidia added HBAO+ support

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.35/391.35-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Fixed Issues in this Release

GeForce 3D Profile Manager tool can't import profiles. [2076480]

[GeForce Experience]: Memory leak occurs leading to poor game performance when using NVIDIA Freestyle. [2068039]

[NVIDIA Control Panel][SLI][Diablo III]: With V-Sync on and SLI enabled, the game freezes after switching windows (ALT+TAB) a few times. [1951584]

[Notebook]: The driver may fail to initialize the GPU. [200354056]

7 Security fixes too.

Open,
    Windows 10 Issues
    [Far Cry 5]: Green flickering occurs in the game when using HDR with non-native resolution.
    To work around, either quit and then restart the game while in the desired resolution, or press
    [Alt+tab] away from and then back to the game, or press [Alt+Enter] to switch to windowed
    mode and then back to full-screen mode.

[NVIDIA TITAN V][G-Sync]: G-Sync displays may go blank when switching between different overclocked memory clocks multiple times. [200361272]

[SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors. [1835763]

[GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripper-enabled motherboard. [1973303]

[Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game.
    [2008731]

[GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Doom]:
    The game crashes due to the driver reverting to
    OpenGL 1.1 when HDR is enabled. [2049623]

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I am installing now to see if there are any performance differences, I'll drop a note here as well as update the FC5 article (if needed).

RzrTrek, Angantyr, Vidik and 5 others like this.
  8. wisebear

wisebear Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Duke
    Can somebody please report if these drivers fix Freestyle not working on any game? Thanks

edit: installed them myself: Freestyle is working fine on supported games.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Could be interesting to see if there are any noticeable improvements? If you want, please run a benchmark before and after driver install, I'll do the same.

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah minimal, no voodoo magic here.. not like someone said 5-10% :D.

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Take another look at the chart.

13. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    was wondering if FFXV runs better with those?

14. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I ran the benchmark with the 391.05 drivers and then the new ones...pretty much no difference...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Darren Hodgson and Netherwind like this.
  15. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Thx for the heads up :)

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Small recap,

Up-to the GTX 1080 you'll be hard-pressed to notice a perf increasement. ~2 FPS at best. The fastest cards like 1080 Ti / Titan X Pascal both show slightly better results specifically at WHQD ~4%. So it seems, the more GPU bound you get, the smaller (marginal) perf increase you'll see. But even 1 or 2 FPS is relevant of course, currently, I am retesting all Series 10 cards and will update the charts in the performance review.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  17. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Wondering the same. Anyone?

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have only played about an hour of Far Cry 5 so far (in the early hours of this morning... naughty, I know!) using the v391.24 but the game seemed to run fine.

However, I did experience what looked like a really weird bug that I posted over on the Games discussion thread: during the opening tutorial section of the game you are told how to stealth kill. Well, I sneaked in quietly in crouch mode and the R3 prompt appeared on-screen. I pressed it on my Xbox One controller only for the enemy to magically disappear and teleport behind me. I think tried hitting him with a branch and shooting him with a gun but every time he would appear to get hit he would disappear and reappear elsewhere. After a couple of minutes of trying to kill him while taking refuge in the hut he was outside of and utterly failing to kill him, I climbed out of the window and legged it to the house where the FBI agent is hiding.

It clearly isn't supposed to work like unless magic or divine intervention is part of this game but I wondered if anyone else had experienced that? I am on Windows 10 Pro v17128.1 though .

19. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    New [r391_33-2] branch yet x86 version is still available:confused:

20. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    This is still the basic 390 branch (they just ran out of space in 390, so it swapped into 391), they said it'll be dropped after 390 - ie. in the next major branch update.