1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GeForce 388.13 WHQL Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Oct 30, 2017.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    There are no stability issues with this driver. What's interesting is that some people seem to not know what "stable" mean.

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    I can confirm that when closing msi afterburner does not solved the stuttering for me in this release, on any games or whatsoever i have a real good fix for this driver, remove this garbage, install 388.00 problem solved stuttering gone.

3. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    Anyone else having black screen crashes in Cod WW2? Running 388.13 latest drivers, 1080ti sli and windows 10 x64 I can play for 5-10 mins in the campaign before it crashes and shows a black screen and I have to manually restart to get my display back. Tried disabling afterburner and rivatuna but still the same issue occurs :(

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Some have a solution for the MSI AB stutter with Battlefield?

5. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 ti
    Did you tried disabling power monitoring ?

6. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    How to run COD WWII in HDR ? I have

LG OLED55C6
    Windows 1709 x64 Fall Creators - HDR enabled in Display settings
    1080GTX 388.13
    COD WWII - HDR enable in game - Full Screen

How do I know it works fine ? because the colours looks with bad brightness in the menu..... is it only works fine in Borderless ? windows bug ? nvidia bug ? does anyway able to play HDR ?

7. Bendy52

Bendy52 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    This driver cause a very slight hiccup or stutter in Fifa 18 with g sync on.
    few user including me are reporting it on EA fourms.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Those with stutter, or one guy with The Division Green artifacts, do you OC your vram too?

Well I flashed mine from 7010 to 7220 and as soon as I OC'ed my core 1460MHz+ I saw occasional red artifacts (best quick example is 3dmark 11 @Extreme; test2 and test 4)
    I finally went way when I lowered my vram OC for 50mhz in msi AB.

9. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    i had all the screen covered in green in fullscreen mode, no oc at all. The green disappeared in windowed mode, but no thx. A rolling back to 388 fixed my green fullscreen issue+ this driver made my clocks stuck in 3d mode. But guys don't get the word of people that have issue, these drivers could work good for you or maybe not, so try them before dropping them

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ah so its like bsod but in green.. I had that once in Dirt3 and Grid2, by grid it was brown xD, was something with clock boost and how driver handles it.. They fixed that later with newer drivers.

11. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX1080Ti
    The most disturbing bug I have with this set is that my Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti (flashed with EVGA FTW3 Bios Master) stays at stock frequencies during game, even it is overcloked.
    Not always, but it occurs often.

Back to 388.00 => issue solved.

12. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Well the game has no freeze, but playing seeing only one color is not so nice. Is like you put a green lens on your eye, that's the feeling

13. rstalcup

rstalcup Active Member

GPU:
    2x GTX980Ti STRIX 6gb ea
    Installed these over top of 388.10, No issues. I have played Wolfenstien, Destiny 2, and WoW without issue, using 2xASUS GTX980Ti (SLI) and 49 inch Samsung @ 120hz, all game setting maxed out, These are keepers for this system

14. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Yes I do have my card clocked, 2100/11300. You could be right, it's possible that my clocks are unstable on the new drivers. However it's not just "one guy", people on geforce forums have reported this, the video I posted of someone else having the same problem and a few of my TD group buddies have said they got the issue as well even though they're on stock clocks. I'm currently on 385.69, under which The Division works flawlessly. All drivers after 385.69 show green artifacts in TD under DX12. I've been testing each driver after 385.69 and I'm burned out on installing drivers and testing them now tbh. I'm going to stay on this one as it works without issues.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  15. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    this driver is really really bad. stuttering everywhere

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Ye, i thought the issue i had was Fall Creators Update. But ever since i reverted an image back to 1703 with this driver, i still get the occasional video crash in Chrome (goes green)

Going to try 388.00 instead, since that ran fine.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    If you have to use this driver then make sure that if you are also using MSI Afterburner/RTSS that you uncheck the Power monitoring as the NVAPI polling triggers one-second stutters if you have the Hardware Polling set to 1000ms (1 second). On my PC this fixes the major stuttering issue in ALL games but does not fix the microstuttering that is noticeable in some games such as Wolfenstein II and Assassin's Creed Origin which both run better and without microstuttering on v388.00.

I'm not sure if NVIDIA are even aware of this issue as I get the impression that the stuttering issue I originally reported is seen to only be caused by the Power polling issue mentioned earlier.

18. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Do these drivers work with netflix 4k on any cpu before 7th gen? I haven't been able to get netflix 4k working on any driver that I tried (I haven't tried them all yet) except 384.80. So far 384.80 seems to be the only driver that works.

19. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

NVIDIA are aware.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4583