Nvidia GeForce 385.28 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto, Aug 14, 2017.

1. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Been busy with a replay of Witcher 3 lately, I did some sessions of 3+ hours on 382.53 without issues.

Installed these and had 3 WHEA uncorrectable error BSOD's in 2 and half hours.

Went back to 382.53 and everything ok again.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Have the developer made any statements that they've improved it on NV's cards? If no then why would it be better? It's up to the devs to fix these things in DX12 and Vulkan.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    DSR works but Hellblade seems to have issues with it. You can select a DSR res. but resolution doesn't change in reality.

4. tyguy

tyguy Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    If they have, it would have been in stealth. I realize dx12 implementation is up to the devs.

5. Derko1

Derko1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x1080s
    For all of you having issues with getting DSR to work, you will need to use the games internal downsampler.

Go to: C:\Users\~~~~\AppData\Local\HellbladeGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

In the engine.ini file paste the following.... 200% is equivalent to 4k.

6. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    I had the WHEA uncorrectable errors with the 384.xx drivers, turning off turbo in BIOS fixed it. I was told the 4790K's have an issue with turbo mode caused by to low CPU voltage. You could try to up your CPU voltage and see if it stabilizes. I don't have a good enough CPU cooler to attempt it.

Google it, that is where I found this out.

Thanks to all that replied to my TW3 question. Now I will start looking for a cure.

7. VF1Snarf

VF1Snarf New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb
    No issues on windows 7 here......anyone still on windows 7? lol

8. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Yep, no issues here as well. :)

9. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    You can fix that selecting the dsr resolution in desktop and then opening the game using dsr already, now thw game can be played at desired dsr resolution.

10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    You were still able to overclock after turning Turbo off in the UEFI? I've got my 4770k clocked to match a 4790k, but any driver after 382.xx gives me tons of BSOD's and crashes.

11. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming 8G
    All I care about is whether No Man's Sky runs better with any driver after 384.76.

12. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Honestly, I think the problem I am talking about may only apply s to the 4790K. It is an issue where the BIOS doesn't apply enough core voltage the the CPU when turbo kicks in " I read that the 4790K's are unstable under 1.2 v". That causes the WHEA error, because the CPU becomes unstable.

I would need to install a better cooler to test.

You can always turn turbo boost off and test, on some over clocks turbo can cause issues.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  13. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Is that an issue regarding stock 4790Ks? I've never had any issues like that with mine running 4.7 on an older Z87 or on my current Z97.

14. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    Driver is working good in all my systems. I've noticed the opening speed improvement of
    the nvcp too! Nice!

15. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Dota 2 Vulkan still had glitches.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    NMS runs exactly the same on all drivers since its release. If you want to play with vsync enable triple buffering in NV's CPL for NMS.

17. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    I get what you're saying, but seeing that going back to 382.53 fixes the issue it has nothing to do with the voltages of my CPU otherwise I'd be having it with 382.53 also.

18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Not saying that is the issue in your case, but newer drivers are always pushing your gpu to be the best it can be.Sometimes it can put stress on the rest of the system in doing so.

I'm sure you're well aware that stability in synthetic stress tests doesn't always mean it's stable in very demanding games.

But it can also mean the new driver is poop lol!

OT: I too am experiencing some lagginess in W3 that was not present with 384.94...have a couple options in nvcpl that I usually customize under the global profile, so going to try default settings later and see if that fixes it.

19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    When you overclock you usually raise the core voltage. So I'm guessing this is only due to stock voltages at stock CPU speeds. Turbo boosts to 4 gigs but apply s about .85 volts in my case. My understanding is the 4790K needs 1.2 volts to remain stable at that clock. Or at least some like mine do.

In the other guys case, turbo may be boosting past stability.

A WHEA error is almost always a CPU hardware fault.

Hope this clears this up.

20. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    What I thought too.

A WHEA uncorrectible error is almost always a hardware fault.

Going back to the 382.53 also fixed it for me, but I did a little research and found many with the 4790K with this issue.

Turning off turbo, like many others, fixed the issue for me, I cant say what in the newer drivers is triggering this, maybe the driver is too aggressive.