Nvidia GeForce 384.94 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Jul 24, 2017.

1. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
  2. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    This mean YouTube reviewer can't be trusted. E.g. JayzTwoCents or Linus Tech Tips don't even mention about x299 SLI issues.

Yeah, I read MG comment regarding the issue will be solved in next upcoming drivers.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Reviewers rarely even use SLI these days, let alone using it when reviewing a new chipset+CPU. I don't know why people are still using SLI at all.

4. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I wish to own SLI, but too expensive. Those users who owned SLI is mostly likely influenced the most by YouTube reviewer.

5. Soliver84

Soliver84 New Member

GPU:
    32GB Corsair
    Has anyone already used to mining with claymore? With a GTX 1070? Makes the more than 31mh's ??

6. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I have the Samsung JS9500 hdr set and found hdr really is not that big of a deal. All it does when switched to hdr is boost the back light to full and up the colors saturation a bit.

Also I cannot get windows 10 Display settings to turn on hdr. I set it to hdr but it turns it off after I exit Display settings. This is with the new drivers and have not tried with older versions yet.

7. MDKpt

MDKpt Member

GPU:
    2X GTX1080Ti-FE@2060mhz
    but whats weird using 382.** branch here there is no problem !! in fact using 382.83 beta improved performance

they dont talk about issues becouse they did not test sli i think iam a youtuber not as big as they are lol and iam mention it and issue is there dont no if its X299 related if others could please test and share some light that will help alot.

i use sli becouse i play at very diferente resolutions and need high fps for 4k and upwords

but i agree iam starting to see sli on dx12 and it looks good hope it grows again

cheers

8. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    382.83 do have good performance, and it really seems to make Doom 2016 run great when using Vulkan. These also don't have the strange clock issues.

9. Abaddon

Abaddon Member

GPU:
    Asus 970 Turbo
    Steam seems to be ok now, the problem was steam related, not driver.
    Drivers working fine in games like Dota and Prey.

10. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    I fix the not downlock problem (139Mhz) noticed in Precision vs driver 384 series. In parameter for the game Doom and Wolfenstein the new order nvidia set it to prefer maximum performance even if you set to optimized power in the global setting. I just change it to optimized power and problem solved.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I had enough experience with SLI and CF to never even consider owning them ever again - and this was back in DX9 days when most games did support mGPU more or less properly. These days mGPU just doesn't worth it.

12. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    This set of drivers fixes security vulnerabilities.

There is no information about it in the notes because

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  13. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I don't care your channel is huge or tiny. The most important part is integrity which so far I can't find it, but I prefer to watch PCPER more than others.

By the way, Paul's Hardware never mentioned a single issue with SLI too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQbUMtL7Uwc

YouTube reviewer is all about ads & sponsorship to earn more bucks.

14. Alberto

Alberto Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3
    Hi guys! Someone could tell me which version of Geforce Experience is included on this driver release?

Thanks

15. DxVinxGado

DxVinxGado Member

GPU:
    2xEVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    I know why I use it, but yes the benefits are becoming less justifiable considering the waning compatibility and cost associated with it. CFX in my personal experience was a complete mess in comparison to SLI, to be fair I only had two RX480's for about 3 weeks while I was waiting for my two GTX 1080 Ti's from EVGA.

16. jmsquared141

jmsquared141 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    Driver installation

I think this has been addressed in the past, but just started having the problem of Windows installing a driver version while I'm trying to install the newest version. I use DDU from safe mode and when I reboot and start the new version install my screen changes to the default resolution and my install fails. When I check there is an older version of the G-force driver installed, which shows up in Update History. I've tried turning off "auto update" and set networks to "metered" , but Windows still does it's thing. :bang: Any other ideas I can try? Thanks

17. dmod

dmod New Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    3.7.0.81, as stated in the release notes.

18. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Mgpu will never work unless nvidia starts to give cards soldered in pairs to developers. :eek:

19. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    not HDR...

also has 22ms input lag in game mode, which for TV is great, but compared to monitors it's terrible.

Nice TV thou. :)

20. Klementh

Klementh Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Black Firefox with hardware accelleration enabled still happens if anyone is wondering.