Nvidia GeForce 384.76 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Jun 29, 2017.

1. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    mine is a Little better , 139mhz idle but runs fine in-game

3. imiimi

imiimi New Member

GPU:
    -
    after update to 384.76, Watch_Dogs 2 doesnt run!! i downgraded to 382.53
    gtx 1080 ti
    windows 10 Build 15063 updated

4. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    I certainly believe Fx crash for you, but I never had a single crash. Full GPU acceleration enabled. Same for version 52, 53, 54 and now 55 beta 5. Lucky me I guess.

Disabling GPU accceleration for me is unacceptable solution like other suggest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017

5. Super1

Super1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Hello

Is it better to have lower idle clocks or higher and why ?
    mine is 135 but I'm on 382.53.

Thank you.

6. Avatar_raq

GPU:
    Evga GTX 780 Ti SC
    Of course not. Power consumption is lower, temps are too.

7. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Apparently this watch dogs 2 big is for all cards not just pascal y tested on my sister rig that have a 950 and still game just don't launch

8. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    the crash is only for us pascal users i guess maxwell had a similar bug but with chrome years ago

9. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3090
    In NVIDIA Control panel, the option "Multi display/Mixed GPU acceleration" has disappeared.
    Do you know why ?

This driver has solved a texture issue I had in one DOOM muiltiplayer map. That's nice.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I didn't say its bad, so idk why yours would be better :D, just that there is nothing strange here with idle 2d frequency. Well even my old Kepler had this low 135 or 139 idle frequency.

Maybe it was some glitch in Pascal by certain models so it ran faster e.g. 200MHz instead of 140MHz..

11. jdc2389

jdc2389 Member Guru

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    This driver gave me issues on the latest Chromium with gpu acceleration and youtubes vp9. H264ify extension solved all issues and youtube looks and buffers better than vp9 anyways, win win for me. I still have the cold boot issues half the time on the latest Insider build Windows 10 16232 and 384.76.
    Here's the extension and enjoy https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/h264ify/aleakchihdccplidncghkekgioiakgal?hl=en-US

firefox link https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/h264ify/

disclaimer, only up to 1440p because youtube doesn't want to serve 4k on h.264

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Not sure what you're getting on with this, should we not trust that driver support DX12 as well? It should be relatively easy to check if the new driver actually allow to bind more assets than what Tier 2 specify so why the FUD instead of benchmarks?

13. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Same thing here. I've tried many games since clean installing this driver and they all leave me at 1620/5508 clocks and ~50C. DOOM, Forza apex and horizon 3, Civ VI, Blacklist, Wildlands, Titan Quest, War in the north, Fallout 4 and Divinity. I check the "i" in MSIAB after every game and there are no detected processes running yet clocks are still way higher than idle.

I hope a hotfix comes out soon. It is annoying to have to restart after playing any game.

That is the only setting in the NVCP that I changed after clean installing these drivers.

In regards to Hilbert asking about RAM draining, it hasn't happened to me yet. I also haven't stayed on a single boot long enough for it to happen since I have to reboot after playing any game due to the above mentioned bug.

14. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    No issues here. I really like these things.

Valley scores went up, by a lot, relatively speaking. BF1 runs super smooth. Can't really tell if they're faster b/c I cap fps at 150 and, for the most part, it's a flatline at 150. Vermintide, Killing Floor 2, Lawbreakers, SW:Battlefront Alpha, RS6: Siege, Paladins, and Overwatch all run great and without issue.

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    No idea how one would go about testing this, but I'd definitely be very interested in the results.

I asked Manuel_G on the Geforce forums but he ignored my post, so maybe NVidia want to keep tight lipped about whatever it is they did.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Should be possible and quite easy to count the number of binned assets in different resource pools I think.

17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    thanks for the driver but did anyone check on leptop2go the new vulkan drivers they seem days newer then this ones?

18. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Anyone tried the Netflix app ? Apparently this driver allows 4k video in the Netflix app from the windows 10 store without kaby lake.

19. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I have just encountered another game that crashes with this driver (WATCH_DOGS 2 being the other) and that is Downward, a Unreal Engine 4 game, that I picked up cheap in the Steam Summer Sale. The game repeatedly crashes in the same place at the point where you have to crouch on the second tutorial level. At first I thought it was an unstable overclock on my GTX 1080 Ti but the same issue occurs with all the settings reset to stock. It was then I discovered several threads on the Steam Forums from people also experiencing crashes and this...

The developer seems to be blaming the drivers though per this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/506900/discussions/0/1368380934238964647/

Now, I haven't tested every UE4 game on the latest v382.76 driver but I do know that every UE4 game I played on the previous v382.53 driver was 100% stable and that includes three games in that list that the developer claims are "broken" unless you revert to the older v382.05 WHQL driver! I have literally been playing dozens of UE4 games of late including MXGP3, Skylar & Plux, Tekken 7, Little Nightmares, Bombshell and so on. Not a single issue. Makes you wonder if the problems lies with Downward's coding...

*EDIT*
    The developer has responded on Steam to my post about the crashes and states the issue is with build 4.15.3 of UE4 and the post-v382.05 WHQL drivers, which isn't good news as it affects Little Nightmare, Tekken 7 and EVERSPACE. I'm going to test these shortly to see if they do indeed crash as claimed.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017