Nvidia GeForce 382.05 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, May 4, 2017.

1. ZloY SloN

ZloY SloN Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080ti
    mahanddeem, yes, it is very good idea. I did the same.

2. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    You make a good point. If nVidia at least explained what the telemetry is for and what it does I am sure people would bne much more willing to accept it. They definitely are a bit sneaky putting it in there without any explanation. I gues I am just making an assumption that it is there to collect data to help them with crashes and other issues but it could be also tracking other things which would be unacceptable.

I will look into it now.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  3. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    This driver is the first one since 10 drivers or more that makes my 980 v BIOS unstable.
    I get screen flashing when playing BF1 on the Gigabyte GTX980.

4. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I never looked into it in any detail myself, crashes are probably a prime candidate but I wouldn't be too surprised if they're also tracking things like game performance metrics and settings used, that would probably be useful especially considering how GFE can automatically configure game settings.

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    There's a solution to this:

Right click on start button, go to settings, go to system, on the left menus, click on Display, disable (OFF) HDR and advanced colors under Night light settings.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You kinda do have to hide the telemetry stuff, if you make it clear and optional then people who don't know any better may play it safe and disable it.
    As mentioned, it's there in most EULA's.

I like having it there as i'm guilty of rarely submitting bug reports either, and i don't think many other people do either, the usual thing is to spend twice as much time ranting about it on a forum or a YT video.

Just tried these out and as per usual, boring end result as everything so far is the same.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Really? That's unfortunate.

The game runs beautifully on my PC at maxed out 4K settings using DSR @ 2560x1440, although I do have v-sync enabled which caps the framerate at 60 FPS and I played the game for well over 3 hours last night. However, the game has never dipped below 60 FPS and still feels smooth despite what appears to be inconsistent frame delivery (each frame isn't 16.6 ms but varies up to 20.4 ms suggesting poor frame pacing). I suspect that capping the framerate at 60 FPS in RTSS will fix that though.

I'm playing with an Xbox One Elite controller by the way.

8. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Did you use the MSI: AB v4.4.0 Beta 7? Yeah, this driver so far so good expect Dota 2 Vulkan glitches still exits.

9. mux

mux Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070

I disagree totally! The drivers installation now forces telemetry on all users per default even with basic features. I know, it is mentioned is in the License Agreement, but as there is no option / tick-box available on controlling the "Allow Experience Improvement Program" during installation run time, I consider this a privacy violation.
    Bending over is common thing for many people today, unfortunately some are also finding enjoyment in that. I think many big tech companies (e.g. Google, Apple, MS) have done a great job on corrupting people's minds about data mining activities.

10. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
    you're free to disagree, doesn't make you correct.

11. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Again i have a black screen crash with this new driver in firefox 53.0.2.

12. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RandomDriverDev View Post
    ICC Bug is confirmed to be a Windows issue involding the new fullscreen optimisations / GameBar., the Microsoft team have a bug open for it and are after logs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...vt&sh=0ce9315e

nah, enjoy your telemetry, contribute to making better drivers instead of swearing at a developer and expecting fixes to come out of thin air.

I disagree totally! The drivers installation now forces telemetry on all users per default even with basic features. I know, it is mentioned is in the License Agreement, but as there is no option / tick-box available on controlling the "Allow Experience Improvement Program" during installation run time, I consider this a privacy violation.
    Bending over is common thing for many people today, unfortunately some are also finding enjoyment in that. I think many big tech companies (e.g. Google, Apple, MS) have done a great job on corrupting people's minds about data mining activities.

Quote:
    Customer hereby acknowledges that the SOFTWARE accesses and collects both non-personally identifiable information and personally identifiable information about Customer and CUSTOMER SYSTEM as well as configures CUSTOMER SYSTEM in order to (a) properly optimize CUSTOMER SYSTEM for use with the SOFTWARE, (b) deliver content through the SOFTWARE, (c) improve NVIDIA products and services, and (d) deliver marketing communications. Information collected by the SOFTWARE includes, but is not limited to, CUSTOMER SYSTEM'S (i) hardware configuration and ID, (ii) operating system and driver configuration, (iii) installed games and applications, (iv) games and applications settings, performance, and usage data, and (iv) usage metrics of the SOFTWARE. To the extent that Customer uses the SOFTWARE, Customer hereby consents to all of the foregoing, and represents and warrants that Customer has the right to grant such consent.

Funny here I thought that nvidia, a multi billion dollar company, could test drivers for themselves especially accompanied by user reports. F If you really belive improving drivers, which they managed for a very long time without telemetry, is the primary reason they do this you are beyond naive. They only started doing that after google and microsoft started doing it in the open, having some believed it's 'needed' to improve things. I just read about an android app that creates infra sounds in tv ads interacting with your phone to track you. While that's probably old news to a lot of you it kind of reminds me of a comment in the old move "The usual suspects": The devils best trick is to make you believe he doesn't exist. Now I find it funny that George Orwells vision of a totalitarian society is not only coming to fruition but that it's defended by utter naivitĂȘ.

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    DSR has been semi-broken for a long time for me. It works, but has issues, like needing a reboot to apply, and the "preferred refresh rate" setting being completely ignored for DSR resolutions. If I use a DSR resolution, it forces 60Hz even though in the control panel I selected "highest available" for the "preferred refresh rate" setting" :-/

Some other settings have been broken for a long time too. Like half-refresh rate vsync not working until a reboot, and then it randomly stops working again and you have to reboot again.

14. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Guest

GPU:
    1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
    nvidia can't test for users running buggy versions of corsair link, or test every driver against a UPS battery driver, or mainboards with bad impementations of ACPI, broken HPET chips. SSD's that fail to work with standard low power functions, or various other combinations that exist out in the real world.

It is ignorant to assume money is the problem here. (except for the case where a good number of users have too much money and not enough sense).

If you want drivers to work in an environment where variables are repeatedly missing from bug reports, then telemetry is the only way.

Especially given that a fair number of high end pc owners do NOT know the difference between the chassis and hdd.

It is fairly safe to say, that most user reports aren't worth the database space they take up.

PS:
    Every gaming service you utilise, whether it be steam, or uplay, or origin: All of them have embedded telemetry, sending back system information and statistics of the games you play, how long you play them: nowhere in these applications is a way to turn this off.

Get over it.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  15. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone one is having fan speed changes with this?

My default fan speed jumped from 1000 RPM to 1500 RPM (GTX 970)

16. ZloY SloN

ZloY SloN Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080ti
    There is a simple solution for this issue. You need to apply your DSR resolution and custom refresh rate for your desktop. You can do this via Display Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display adapter properties -> Monitor -> Screen refresh rate. You can't do this via NVCP, because it blocks refresh rate adjustment after enabling DSR. There is only one way.
    After changing your desktop resolution and refresh rate, your games will run with the same settings as your desktop.

17. Jeff Stephen

Jeff Stephen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
    If you're on an older driver build and having no issues then I say pass on this one.
    Hitman has been crashing on me frequently and the event viewer reads, Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
    1070 ftw here running stock speeds.

18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    yes use RTSS to cap at 60 and also changing pre-rendered frames to 1 or 2 may help significantly.

---

regarding the telemetry stuff that has been going on in this topic. i agree that telemetry is necessary and sometimes may be helpful, who knows. but only as far as microsoft concerns, i disagree with their telemetry policy due to various reasons, this guy talks about in his 3 videos (ex employee of microsoft and a cool guy).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw

therefore im using spybot's w10 privacy tool which disables all telemetry hosts but not actually all because with creators update there are more unknown hosts now. and i see from glasswire "system service" still get connected to some microsoft servers around the world that exchanges few bytes or so.

Glasswire is a free and fantastic program that interfaces your windows firewall. you can always disable telemetry stuff with using glasswire and monitor network activity of everything. point being is, no need to delete the exe files or bother with installation files of softwares etc.

I personally disabled nvtelemetry from glasswire when it first tried to connect nv servers and other telemetry services of different applications. i also disabled internet access of unnecessary software like powerdvd :) you get the idea.

19. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    I just rolled back to 381.89, much better. Performance with 382.05 both in games and benches was the worst in a very long time.

20. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Someone else having a crash in Overwatch with this drivers?
    Event manager says Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.