Nvidia GeForce 378.78 Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I've installed these on gtx760 and getting an API driver error with new DX12 mode in Heroes And Generals after couple min of gameplay. I know its experimental (it say so) but isnt happening on my AMD card.

2. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Very , very short about my experience with AMD after long years again, after nvidia of course.
    Nothing much. I have issue with vulkan due to changing over nvidia. I tested this card in other system and the vulkan works fine. Not here after changing from nvidia. i won't do fresh OS install. Don't have time for it. Some vulkan test runs , some not.
    Only the additional settings are short as for many users.
    I have been testing amd drivers over 3 months now(thanks for my friend).
    With nvidia drivers(compare 3 months time) i had lot more issues after the driver install has been made(or not, because some of them, simply refuse to install).

Some other things has to be tested but so far the positive points are going on amd side. Only few to nvidia.

Anyway, i will make a video conclusion about my experience , you like it or not :D

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Shocking. You keep sitting on that 570 thinking that someone owe you to support it till the rest of Earth's days.

Completely the opposite experience here, btw. My RX460 have nothing but troubles with driver updates. I don't play on it so can't really say if there are any issues in games but since I have zero on my 1080 it would be a pointless comparison anyway.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Cool, np :cheers:

5. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    Installed on a 1070, 970, 750Ti and 540m since driver availability and is working fine. No game-breaking issue under general use (gaming, surfing & office works).

6. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    What I was talking is Power Limit, not GPU Load, gpu load is 99% and such which is fine. Power Load/Limit is high but not maxing . the Gpu clock is Steady 1900 + even reaching 2000+ not throttling or anything. Gpu is maxing 75c .
    Also I checked with my friend with Asus G753JT or something with 1070m and the power limit was the same as mine in the same games. so it's ok as I checked. I just wasn't sure or forgot.

When doing that I have stuttering ... changing the power limit to 113% from 100%

taken from here I wrote why

http://www.overclock.net/t/1601288/official-nvidia-gtx-1080-owners-club/9840#post_25917625

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers...wer-throttling-temp-throttling.html#r18085567

EDIT : Why do the system is like that ? it suppose to be IRQ 16

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ it's the same for me, Maxwell and newer don't use IRQ (even if one is assigned in Device Manager).

8. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    your AMD CPU is crap that's y your rig full with issue then go back AMD thread don't come over here. DX 12 won't give u any performance cos your GPU is lousy.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Running close to 100% power limit is pretty normal, depending on setting and app your testing.
    Something like firestrike should give high values compare to real games.
    But normally the GPU will down-clock somewhere in upper 90's depending on how they setup bios.

I don't know why you get stuttering with raising limit, that shouldn't happen, unless your temp or clocks are raising.
    One thing I would recommend if your power limited and have good 3rd party cooling (not ref card), in AB set the priority to temp.

This will prioritize for temps vers power and should work better.

On IRQ, as others mentioned thats normal, mine says the same in the info tab. If you go to device manager it will show 16.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  10. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    system information didn't show the correct IRQ. report to MG.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    They removed IRQ a long time ago, think around r350 branch.

It still uses it, but not in such "conflicting" way. Check irq tweaker made by one guru3d user think it was from mk1969

12. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Increased power limit will not make your card stutter or throttle. Quite the opposite. What it could do is put more stress on your PSU and potentially increase temperatures on some components (VRM, conductors and GPU itself). But the difference from 100->120% is minimal even for stock ACX3 or FE coolers.

TLDR: If you experience some stuttering I wouldn't blame power limit.

And according to the graph posted in the other thread, GPU is working fine. Utilization goes up, so does power draw. The only problem there is excessive difference between high and low GPU utilization. These large frame to frame differences in GPU frequency might cause stutter. Solution is to set PowerManagementMode in NVCP to Adaptive or MaximumPerformance.

13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    If you do not want to format, then you need to use a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

Here is the latest version: http://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU%20v17.0.6.0.exe

Download, extract, then allow it to restart to safe mode. Run the program, in the top left corner click on options and select (tick enable) everything, go back to DDU main page. Clean and Do Not Restart --> Do this for nVida, AMD, and Intel. After finishing, do a final clean with your current GPU (AMD or nVidia), but this time click Clean & Restart. Once the computer has restarted, considering your hardware is old, I suggest you do Windows Update, and keep your drivers updated via Windows Update.

Why are you telling someone to get out of here because they're using an AMD CPU, even when their question is GPU related? You could have instructed him nicely on where to find what they're looking for, or maybe kept quiet instead.

How about you behave yourself and write appropriately instead of acting like a 10 year old.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
  15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Yup, but you got to read small print, test were at 4k, and i think Nvidia is testing not last driver but whole 378 improvement string of progression.

16. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    fair enough i'm sorry to @siriq

i suggest he use NVIDIA Aftermath to find the root cause.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    ME Andromeda driver.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Rise of TombRaider has now some strange halo around Supersampling, older 378.77 or 376.xx didnt have that bug by volumetric lights.

dx12, 2xSSAA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

here is one older screen with 378.77
    [​IMG]

EDIT: also I just made it to Geothermal Valley and it does jitter/stutter more when it goes bellow vsync,

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Next week

20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Yep. MSI is used now instead of IRQ.