Nvidia Geforce 378.57 Hot Fix Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Groovy-Music, Feb 1, 2017.

1. looniam

looniam Member Guru

GPU:
    980TI SC+
    i was addressing why you're not seeing the problem.i just hope you understand that you're not seeing the issue because you don't have a 980TI running physX. trying to use a 980TI for physX is the whole issue w/drivers.

or it made the PITA process i went through grabbing my 570 to show you completely pointless. :banana:

wrestling water cooling tube out of the way, looking for and fumbling around to add 2 more pci-e power cables, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers . . . oy yeh!

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Not that problem. The one with toggling the COMPUTE function. That one. I get you and others have the other issue with PhysX on the 980ti. If I set PhysX to my 980Ti, yes GPU-Z shows no PhysX.

3. domyx80

domyx80 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3gb oc
    Hello , you are not alone . Same here , 378 branch won't install , even if it installs sometimes using DDU , after one restart... error code 43 , driver reverts to Microsoft Basic Display Driver ( that's why you cannot access the control panel) . 376 branch is perfectly ok. Brand new Gigabyte 1060 gtx 3gb, Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (OS Build 14393.693).

4. looniam

looniam Member Guru

GPU:
    980TI SC+
    it made a difference with toggling in the the last driver; 378.49 which introduced the compute option:

[​IMG]

but with 378.57 is stays undetected as you can tell though does make a difference in gaming (at least in benching MetroLL.)

[​IMG]

if i am beating a dead horse because i misunderstood, please by all means just tell me to shut up. :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017

5. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Member

GPU:
    4x GTX Titan X (Pascal)
    I was having weird DirectX errors with the previous drivers in BF4 and BF1. Other games seemed to work fine.

I installed this hotfix driver last night and tested BF1 and it seemed to work fine.

Still have to test BF4...

6. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    dont feel bad im STILL stuck using 368.51 as its the last driver that works with surround+sli lol. ~20 page thread with hundreds of replies and 8 months later on geforce forums and still ignored.

love me some nvidia. makes me wonder.

7. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 GTX TI 6GB
    Same

Same if i set physx on in control panel to my 980gtx ti gigabyte g1 it say's its off too.... Any ideas why and how to fix cause ive tried DDU + standalone physx installer.... no luck yet

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Since I'm running a dedicated GPU and I'm lazy, does it do this if you leave the setting on Auto?

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Manuel, how about this PhysX issue with the 980Ti?

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I already filed a bug for this. Thanks for the feedback.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Manuel Guzman , are you guys looking into the black screens / lost signal / flickering issue ?

@ManuelG ,please read. I have sent you a PM

Guys i am having an issue that is bothering me a lot. I am having this problem and it is affecting everything i do on my PC. Every 5 or 10 minutes my screen goes completely black with a lost signal warning from my display and then the display signal comes back :/ . This is a brand new out of the box eVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming Black Edition ACX 3.0 , since the first 1070 i bought was doa and i did rma that faulty video card , this is my second brand new out of the box eVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming Black Edition ACX 3.0.

This happens anytime , it could take anywhere between 5 or 10 minutes but it will do it again and again while browsing the web , watching youtube or gaming. My screen will go black with a lost signal warning from my UHD 4K TV for around 3 seconds and then the signal comes back. The display it's connected via hdmi 2.0 with a Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable by monoprice ( 18Gps , certified by HDMI organization with the logo , 20 feet long ) this one = https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15427 , is connected to my Vizio 50'' D50u-D1 UHD 4K 60HZ thru the hdmi #5 on the TV wish is the recommended hdmi 2.0 for gaming on this display. I use 3840/2160 60Hz resolution as recomended by nvidia control panel.

Things that i have done: Checked the hdmi connections and cable ( it's a brand new cable so it is not the cable ). Uninstall nvidia drivers and re-install the latest whql 378.49 drivers running DDU and CCleaner before re-installing. I only install the nvidia display driver , nvidia audio driver and Physx with a clean installation. In Nvidia control panel i have vsync as selected by application , perfomance mode mode enable everything else is left at stock and / or as per application controlled. I have reset the motherboard bios and also re-flash the mobo with the latest bios. The video card is running at stock settings , no oc and not touching anything.

Any idea why this is happening ? I am at lost right now because i cannot have such a bad luck and have 2 brand new video cards been faulty , it seems some kind of bandwidth related problem or a driver issue. The display is a 4K 60Hz certified and i never had this problem before with my last amd 290x video card and my eVGA gtx 750Ti. Any help , guidance and opinions are welcome. Please give me a hand i do not want to RMA this video card again. Thank you in advanced.

Kind Regards: Angelo

Hardaware:
    ASRock Z75-Pro 3 , 3570K cpu , G.Skill 16GB DDR3 2200Mhz , Crucial MX300 SSD , Rosewill 1200w psu , 50'' Vizio D series 4K UHD Smart TV D50u-D1 connected viaHDMI 2.0.

Software: Windows 10 Pro x64 bit , latest whql 378.49 drivers

*** SOLVED *** just when i was about to give up on this problem that i have been trying to solved for the last 4 days , and was close to rma the video card i have solved the black screen signal lost problem today.

* It is an nvidia driver bug *

"symptoms"
    --------------

Display Screen will go black with a signal lost coming from the display , it will last from 3 to 5 seconds and then the signal comes back to the display back to normal. It will happen intermittent more or less every 15 to 30 minutes , sometimes it will happen more frequently at intervals of 3 to 5 minutes. This will happen with normal use while browsing the web , watching youtube , just sitting at the desktop and gaming.

Hardware that might be related and or affected by this black screen problem:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am using a Vizio 50'' D50u-D1 UHD 4K 60HZ Smart TV as my display connected with a HDMI cable from my video card eVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming Black Edition ACX 3.0 HDMI 2.0 port to my HDMI 2.0 port on the display.
    ( HDMI connections to 4k 60Hz UHD displays might be affected by this nvidia driver bug )

Software that might be related and affected by this black screen problem:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 10 Pro x64bit Version 1607 ( OS Build 14393.693
    Nvidia drivers WHQL 378.49

Solution for the Black Screen lost signal display driver bug problem:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bug will happen only at 4k resolution running at any Hz , be it 60Hz , 59Hz , 30Hz etc...( It will not happen at any other resolution ) , using HDMI conection from the GTX 1070 to the display HDMI connection.

If you suffer from this problem try the following temporary fix.
    Steps for the temporary fix until a new driver with a fix is release by nvidia:
    1. Turn Vertical Sync ( Vsync ) OFF
    2. Reboot your PC
    3. Change your resolution from 4K ( 3840x2160 ) 60Hz to 1920x1080 60Hz and reboot your PC
    4. Change your resolution back to 4K ( 3840x2160 ) 60Hz
    5. You are done and the problem it's fix temporarily , it will reappear again if you turn ON Vertical Sync on the nvidia driver control panel and or sometimes if you boot your PC at 4k ( 3840x2160 ) 60Hz , you need to boot at 1920/1080p 60Hz then once windows is loaded change the resolution back to 4K 60Hz.

This nvidia driver whql 378.49 bug i can reproduce it again and again 100% all the time. Bare in mind that this bug might be happening on my hardware configuration only due to the complexity and differences between hardware configurations out there , but may as well be happening to other similar hardware configurations as well , as a temporary fix please follow the temporary fix guide that i wrote.

I have submitted a bug report to nvidia ( NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback ) and will contact Manuel G. Nvidia rep at Guru3D to let him know about this bug.

Bugs in action

Please look here happening at the desktop:

https://youtu.be/2FtMZNTrQhA?t=29s

https://youtu.be/vHFaJbvCwog?t=45s

Please look here happening while gaming:

https://youtu.be/0A8SzOIYEVA?t=1m1s

Thank you everyone that did their best to help me out , appreciate it all the help.

Thank you.

Kind Regards: Angelo

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  13. looniam

looniam Member Guru

GPU:
    980TI SC+
    :formal:
    yes, thanks for that^.
    :cheers:

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I have the same issue but to a much smaller degree. Only at 4k HDMI Sammy Ju7100. Couple of times a day, doesn't matter what I'm doing, the screen will go black for about one second. Absolutely no indications of anything not even a blip on MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z monitoring. Personally I think it is some sort of HDMI handshake issue.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Thanks for letting me know you too have this issue , there are a lot of users with this same problem.

I have good news HeavyHemi , i have just received email contact from the nvidia driver support team asking me to send them DispDiag files and more information of my configuration. They are working on a fix , hopefully this driver bug will be squashed soon , fingers cross.

PS: You should report this problem too directly to nvidia , the more information they can gather the better the support will be for 4K 60Hz displays on the driver.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The only thing I'd change, is if those are videos of your system, the time the display is blank is closer to 1/2 second, the same as mine. 3-5 seconds, might lead them down a different path regarding isolation.

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Some times the black screen last 3 to 5 seconds and sometimes it last 1/2 a second like it is shown in those videos , the time of the black screens vary a lot on my display and it's unpredictable , but thanks a lot for the suggestion :thumbup:

18. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I've been keeping away from 378 drivers due to this issue, but I've installed 378.57 to give Wildlands a try and I don't have any IHS issues either.

The game is running here at 3840x2160 and I'm streaming to a 1366x768 tablet, NVENC is working for me:
    [​IMG]

19. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 GTX TI 6GB
    Yes it still say's its off

Ive tried it on auto and still say's its off and i even went back one driver set to see if this was happening beforehand and i never caught on, and guess what ! Same thing in the last driver. Even standalone wont install as it statres a newer is there , so i uninstalled it , checked the folder on the main drive for any leftover files removed them reinstalled the standalone physx and still no luck ... Seems its a majoy hiccup of a bug. :bang:

Only thing im happy about is atm im playing a game that ant relying on physx. But when i do fancy a game that does im stuck ...lol

Thanks though for Manuel for letting the development team know of this bug! And im sure it can be reproduced easy since a few guru's oin here with the 980gtx ti also are having this issue easy enough.

20. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 GTX TI 6GB
    Thanks

Thanks very much also can i ask if you will be implementing the latest 1.3.9.1 vulkan api driver set, that has patched a few glitchs and bugs, and also added extra features.