NVIDIA GeForce 375.86 WHQL Drivers Have issues

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 16, 2016.

1. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    -Tj- barley scraped togheter the money to buy a 980ti then the 1080 came and he did nothing but bashing the cards and justify his purchase....nvidia sold a s-load of these cards made huge profits.And they are in my eyes the best they have released.Coming from a 980ti i can say the 1080 was a blast and i'm looking forward to the next flagship they release.

2. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2060 S
    :hort:

No performance gain in GTX 1060, but no loss.

3. BlueRay

BlueRay Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    People still spreading this crap tin foil theory that Nvidia reduces the performance of cards when they gonna release a new? Stop writing bull$$$.
    On my end no issues until now at least.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    LOL.. cant understand people buying cards just before the release of a new gen. Well OK, prices drop, but be prepared to watch your high end card be upstaged by the new midrange. At least 980ti is still a decent card. The 780 otoh was creamed by the 970 which seems to have left a bitter taste in his mouth. The 780 (not ti) was probably the worst aging card in Nvidias history.

The 'high end' is relatively new to TJ, he was always a midrange guy until recently, so I laugh when he says he always avoided the x04 cards.

5. WarEoR 1440

WarEoR 1440 New Member

GPU:
    palit gtx 1080
    Factory Over Clocked Cards

The NVidia Team have found the issue and are releasing a hotfix as we speak,
    the problem is only affecting 10 series cards with factory over clocks / modified bios, all others cards seem to be doing fine including the founders edition 10 series

6. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Its not that i don't like him he has alot of knowledge.But the constant bashing and justifying his purchase was a bit to much to watch.And yes its true about the 980Ti its still a very good card!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Lol barely scrapped, what is that witchcraft :banana:

Fyi the only midrange was 6600 and 250gts when my 8800gts died, and nope I could have bought 1080, but was taking so long and now I dont have any regrets.

Besides, are all of you butthurt and now you need to trash my gpus pov and question my purchase? Just move on and crawl back in nv ass, pun intended. Bye. :Grin:

8. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    No we we're not butthurt at all.....

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Me neither, so whats all your point again other then defending nv drivers and then diss those that question it or God forbit say anything about your new shinny?
    Hey your sucks more bla bla xD lol priceless, and fyi its always been like so with certain users here.
    Nothing new, really.

G'day.

10. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    you we're always calling the 1080 a puny card or whatever....in almost every topic you bashed the 1080.While the Pascal line up is a true winner.
    Back on topic this driver works for me as advertised don't have any problems.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No one defended Nvidia's drivers in this thread, except to say they don't experience any issues with this particular driver. Also, no one said "your sucks more" until you posted. The responses to you were merely pointing out how strange it is for you to constantly justify your purchase. No one cares that you bought a 980Ti a month before the 1080 came out.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    When did I say you should care, geez. I have nothing more to say to you.

How many times did I call 1080 punny, please show my quotes.

Ps it may be a winner atm, but overall its just another downsized chip, not really a flagship like NV tries to show it atm, this started since Kepler, since by Fermi they couldn't do it - was to weak.

Which brings me back to my original point, yes they may look High-end price wise, but underneath they tried to save as much as possible and YES that's why they're more prone to driver issues then real Higher-end chips. No mystery there.
    But ok who am I here to presuade you, think what you will and I will think what I want, just don't down talk me if I step on a picky subject.
    This goes for all of you who started to question me and then pick on my gpu for some reason, like usually lol

//Im out of this topic.

13. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    You've called it many names ;).Most people here know it you dislike the 1080 series and gave it all sorts of names.What Denial told you was the truth.

You kept jusifying you're 980ti purchase period.

Now maybe we can get back ontopic. ;)

14. Sethos

Sethos Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Witcher29 doesn't have any problems, so it must be user error. Move along folks.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Had more performance issues with my single 780 than I did with my 670 sli but that doesn't fit your narrative.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Lol i see the same old crap goes on around here, basically just be happy with what you got, as long as it does the job "Who gives a ****". I suggest turning your PC off guys for a few months and go live a little. Trust me you will come back totally refreshed and view things much differently :)